View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Hearing words on LSD

PeedOff

Bluelighter
Swim did acid once a week for a month. Each time he upped the dose by a hit (Mad hatter). Each time he did it when he was comming off of it his minds eye has been going wild. Swim pictures a turkey or rooster with his moms head on it jumping around in the lobby he works yelling SHNANNY SHNANNY SHNANNY really really fast! swim also hears the worlds "Duhshnefnershnefner" and pictures a hand flicking his face saying "Bindow!" This is really annoying because he has the world shnanny stuck in his head and blurts it out loud on a regular basis as a way to try to get it out of his head. The shnanny stuff also gets really loud when he smokes weed and does shrooms and nitrous oxide. The only substance that he doesnt hear shnanny on is DXM (but on dxm he hears fucked up halloween music) Does anyone else hear this word or similar fucked up words?

HOW DOES HE GET THE WORD SHNANNY OUT OF HIS HEAD!

SHNANNY SHNANNY SHNANNY SHNANNY

Swim also hears "DANIEL DANIEL DANIEL ect..." and "DUDE COMMON BEAT IT BODY" and also "BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE"

I heard a few nonsense words during my first (and only to date) breakthrough DMT trip. At the time i couldnt tell if it was elf-language or just my brain turning to mush. I've also had the same "words" pop into my head during subsequent trips on other substances

It turns out it was because i took a psychedelic drug :/
i wouldnt read too much into it

We don't use "swim" here, its pointless in reality. But anyways I've haven't heard those spefic words, but I have heard stuff on acid. Only really happens if I'm alone.

ive had nonsensical thoughts and words (or perhaps too much sense? :)) repeat in my head on psychs in the past.

i dont really know what to make of it. It feels right when its happening.

The last time I tripped I couldn't get the name "Ovechkin" out of my head. This was also the day after he injured the Blackhawk's defenseman Brian Campbell with that cheap nasty hit. Either way I was pretty fucking tired of the word Ovechkin by the end of the night but it was like I was powerless to stop thinking it. lol.

Lol, me too, reminds me of the shining or something...

i think hearing words isn't too uncommon, i tend to hear more sounds tho, like i plugged myself into the internet, remember the old dialup sounds? kinda like that, except alot cooler

Whenever I try to sleep before an acid trip has fully subsided, I hear words being spoken, but they carry absolutely NO meaning. And it's not pleasant in the least. These meaningless vocalizations reverberate inside my skull and grate against my brain in the most irritating fashion imaginable. Usually the words will be carried in an extremely emphatic or histrionic tone, as well (people yelling urgent commands, etc.).

It's really the only time trips are unpleasant for me now. I try to avoid even attempting to sleep until I'm totally sober.

It's interesting that the words are so insistent and you've actually said them out loud. It may be tied in with psychedelic glossolalia. I've had some experience with psychedelic glossolalia, and though I don't hear the words like you do, everything about what I'm sensing visually and tangibly compels me to speak certain words.

Once while using 4-ho-DMT and ketamine I asked “Why is sensation at all?” Then I asked, “Where is sensation?” At first it seemed this second question didn't make sense, and then, in an almost irresistibly insistent flurry of sensations and images, I spat out the code:

“Where is the scarecrow? Under the carpet, felt fingers thatched your armpits.”

It was definitely one of the more unique and fascinating experiences I've had with psychedelics, and I wish it had continued, but it hasn't. What you experienced may be tied into the same or related phenomena. I made a thread about it a while back where I tried to make some sense out of it.

The first neologism I experienced was “sa-mast-tyerd” during an LSD and cannabis trip when I was a teenager. I understood it to mean "the sensation of viewing your two friends talking to one another and seeming to be an alligator and a flashing red pepper respectively."

Last edited:
I hear the phrase "Holy shit I'm tripping balls" in my head everytime I trip, if that counts :p

I hear "your juuuuuuuuuuuust trippin-rippin(echoe)"

Also, Does anyone have a theory of why i feel compelled to blurt shnanny outloud? I probably say it 30-50 times a day.

Last edited:
^ Ever been tested for Tourette's? Dunno. Some words are just cool to say, like "smock", go ahead, say smock. feels good.

You know you have problems when you hear people meowing. Scary shit. Meowing people freak me out.

I get this occasionally too. A certain nonsense word keeps running through my mind, but the messed up thing is that the word isn't even completely pronounceable. I can't really remember it right now and I don't want to try :)

The way the brain works is an amazing thing.

I get this occasionally too. A certain nonsense word keeps running through my mind, but the messed up thing is that the word isn't even completely pronounceable. I can't really remember it right now and I don't want to try :)

The way the brain works is an amazing thing.

Whats really amazing is the fact that if you hear things like that, chances are your brain ISNT working. :p

I hear shit when I'm really tired or totally stoned out of my mind, but never while tripping.

You know you have problems when you hear people meowing. Scary shit. Meowing people freak me out.
I heard someone meow... when I took a recording of their voice and played it backwards.

this reminds me of the time my friends all started running around yelling "MY BUUUTT IS HUUGE!!" lol..
but, more to the point, i sometimes think words that don't exist while trying to make sense of the trip.. one time though - i was left alone in the woods at night on 8 blotters and i started hearing what sounded like radio transmissions in my head - some were serious like military pilots or something while others were joking and laughing at me..

^ i heard that when i was in a deprevation tank ripped out of my face