• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Height - can i grow taller

angryteabag

Bluelighter
Im 18 years old and i havent grown in 2 years. not a centimeter. i dont do any serious weight training or anything. Over the last year ive been doing lots of parkour and free running but i dont think that would have anything to do with it.

Im a little shorter then average. and ive been measuring my height every now and then for a while now. i put a mark on my wall 2 years ago of how tall i was and i still havent passed it.

A relative of mine told me to use HGH but im not keen. he then recommended colostrum saying it contained some form of HGH or something.

Would it make a difference if i played basket ball? did routine jumping every night? anything? or has my growth spurt not kicked in yet? (i havent had wet dreams ether, could it be a hormone problem?)

You may gain another inch up until your 21. I was a pretty late grower and went from about 5'7 to 5'9 during my 17-18 year. Your growth plates are pretty much closed by the time you hit 21.

im 5'7 now, just turned 18

i think ive hit puberty. growing facial hair. getting laid. voice is a little lower but still no wet dreams or height.

Not everyone has wet dreams...
Guys can grow up until the age of 25...everyone is different..there are no set rules.
While 5'7 is not tall, your not a dwarf...and not everyone has to be tall.
You could quite possibly grow another couple of inches, but you may have stopped.

i think ive hit puberty. growing facial hair. getting laid. voice is a little lower but still no wet dreams or height.

If you're masturbating or having sex, you likely will not get wet dreams.

once the growth plates on your long bones have ossified its game over. Unless you want to go the surgical route.

not true

I havent masturbated in nearly 3 weeks and I havent had a wet dream.

+ A friend of mine masturbates frequently (so im told) and has wet dreams occasionally.

Also the best hgh releaser is sprinting or interval training i.e 1 minute sprinting followed by 1 minute rest, 1 minute sprint, 1minute rest etc for 15-25 minutes.
Dont eat anything for the following 2 hours as this lowers growth hormone levels.
Unless its pure protein that is but it must have zero carbs and zero fats.

Sounds interested BH..do you have any sources for this information (the sprinting thing)?
Im also short and would like to follow something like this to give it a try...

So I did a bit of research and found this site: http://www.hghforheight.com/natural.html
doesnt seem all that credible but it has some good information none the less.
If your growth plates are still open (which at 18 theres a good chance they would be...im turning 20 and im hoping mine still are!) then using this site as a guide to naturally boost your HGH could in fact help you to grow.
Its worth a shot - even if you dont grow...youl be super physically and mentally healthy!
THe main tips are:
exercise almost everyday for 30 - 60 mins... with short bursts of high intensity proving most effective.
Try to reduce carbohydrate intake..especially in between meals.
Get a good sleep pattern going and try to make sure it is "quality" sleep as HGH is produced in the REM stage.

Im going to give it a go.

On a side note...I'm probably about 5'10" if my spine wasn't curved...I didn't even know I had scoliosis til I was 18 and went to a chiropractor for back pain. I grew an inch (from 5'7" to 5'8") when I went there, cause my spine straightened out. It's a long shot, but may be worth a visit if your insurance covers it.

i must be a freak... i grew taller after i was 21... and look at me now... i'm 6' tall... :)

I have no definite answer for this, except I wanted to share (brag) that I am turning 26 and still growing in increments. My mom had a growth spurt after she had her 2nd child (me :)) at 24.

You can do stretching to stop your spine from a bit of compression, and perhaps some dietary adjustments at an earlier stage can help. I haven't read any conclusive studies about anything else, so just eat well, keep good posture, and lengthen your spine, especially after a hard day or exercise.

5'7? Who cares. I think shorter guys are sexy.

It's all about your attitude and how you project yourself.

1. I protect myself with a sharp knife.

2. Your taller than me. Who cares.

3. how in gods name could ANYONE go 3 weeks without masturbating.. 3 hours and im like trying to fuck strangers.

4.Wet dreams rock.

Yeah, I find that at 5'8" I'm about on par with other guys. In a room of people, I'm average. It used to bother me but now I'm just grateful that I"m not as short as alot of my friends who are transitioning like me (5'0" to 5'3").

Sprint training to increases HGH has had to go on the back burner due to suspected posterior shin splints :(