Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(DXM/600 mg) Experienced: Turning into a blue coffee cup

Blurpinkle

Bluelighter
After two previous attempts to reach a 3rd plateau that failed, I tried again with a slightly lower dosage - 40 gelcaps, but this time I downed them considerably faster and on a full empty stomach. I usually take about an hour to get that many down so the trips comes on slow and increases as the gelcaps melt in my stomach, but this time, I got them all down in under 15 minutes and bow was I in for s surprise.

Not only did I shoot right past the first and 2nd plateus, I think I may have shot right past the third. Things started getting very intense very fast so I went to lie down on my futon, and I figured I would put some headphones on with some good music and see if I could float around again, only before I knew it, I fast forwarded into a bizarre world of only vibration. I remember talking to a molecule cluster inside of a coffee cup... yes, you heard that right. They were telling me how they kept formation according to the thoughts of what people thought they were, and that if I joined them I should really stay a coffee cup because if you go changing all the time you'll really put the fright into humans.

This seemed perfectly logical to me at the time so I tried to vibrate at the level of a 'blue coffee cup' and then felt myself vibrate with a huge 'zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing' noise until I was in one of the coffee cup molecule clusters playing with the other molecules but becoming board with it all and and then trying to be a shoe, or a table cloth.

Then, I would have in between moments where I would half snap back into my body have a semi freak out as I realized I had just been a coffee cup and talking or communicating to molecule ckusters.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!? WAS I JUST A COFFEE CUP!!?!?" would be the predominate thought / feeling at that moment, and it was a bit scary as I did not at the time have any memory that I was on a dxm trip. I would then think of the sentence I thought in my head (was I just a coffee cup?!) and find it hysterical and not understand why I would ask myself that. I would forget that I was just buzzing around as a molecule cluster in a coffee cup formation and not have any clue as to why I would be thinking I had just been a coffee cup.

Several times I thought I must have died somehow although I was certain why, and I thought I was in some weird limbo state between worlds but I couldn't remember exactly why or how to get out. The periods that I was in my body were difficult at best as everything else was a blur of shocking energy vortexes, vibrations, clusters of traveling light, and other odd odd things.

The feeling was extremely unpleasant yet not horrific because as uncomfortably strange as it was, I was somehow able to avoid entering a total panic state and just go with it, even though I did not know what the hell I was going with or why. Luckily over the past few years, I have been fairly spiritual and grounded in my love of infinite existence, and I have fully accepted myself ,so thankfully, I kept hearing some part of me saying, 'don't panic,' as if out of a Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy novel.

"Whatever is going on right now, it is all just some fluctuation and regardless, you will always be ok. You exist. You have always existed, and you always will exist, so no matter what how strange things are or what forms you are playing with or taking on right now you will be just fine." That would repeat in my head space or 'cluster space' several times so even though things were a bit terrifying I managed to be ok with it with the assumption that I would have more knowledge on the situation later. This was probably the best aspect that I took out of the whole thing. It was good to know that even when I didn't know I was a human or remember what the hell was going on, that some sense of peace followed me. It was like an 'I am' meditation. All I had to remember was 'I am' and it seemed I could remember that through all permutations, so even if i was a cluster of molecules that was a coffee cup or if I was a light beam, if I could focus on the 'I am' and not the "I am FUCKED!' I was fine.

Another awful thing that happened that will probably make some of you laugh is that I had a James Bond DVD playing when I started the trip, because usually dxm takes a long while to hit me and I can pretty much watch an entire movie before any strong effects kick in.

Well well well, let me just tell you that the entire episode was broken up by bizarre gun shots every so often because after the movie ended, the disc returned to the menu which has a 2 minute sequence that loops. I believe Octopussy was the film. So in the brief interludes that I was sentient enough to know that I was some sort of human being, there was a bizarre spy motif too it and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why.

Then, in tiny fleeting moments of focus I would realize I had taken DXM, realized it was way too intensely strong, and realize that the DVD was on continuous loop.

"OH Jesus CHRIST God in heaven satan's balls THAT'S WHAT THAT IS!!!!!!??!?!" would be my realization and I would find this slightly funny in my terror / confusion and plan a mission to turn the damn thing off but it was just not happening. The distance from the futon to the player or remote was universes, and I would soon enter some other strange vortex and completely forget what it was again and how to do anything about it. The gunshots were not fun, I can tell you that much.

I woke up into my still swirling rubberized body some 7 hours later and then couldn't sleep for a few hours after that, All in all it was a very exhausting experience and I could barely get this trip report typed in.

The whole experience was just entirely bizarre and generally uncomfortable even though aspects of it were interesting. I would have not gone that far out on purpose. Strangely, when I was in it, I knew some of the feeling and the space, and I realized this had happen to me once before when I tried dxm and overshot the mark years ago, but I hadn't remembered the strange space I had been in until this.

All this, and on only 600mg. Seemed far stronger an effect than I thought that amount could cause but I guess taking it faster was the huge difference.

Think I shall give dxm a good rest for a while.

I bid you all good day.

- * Blurpinkle

you will always be ok. You exist. You have always existed, and you always will exist, so no matter what how strange things are or what forms you are playing with or taking on right now you will be just fine

I hate to burst your bubble but this isn't exactly true. You have only existed x amount of years and will only continue to exist some x amount of years. Have a nice day.

Hmmm. Well, I suppose if you are talking about the ego associated with this life I might agree, but there is a you-ness deeper than that... the experience of being that anything that 'is' and has conscious awareness perceives... which I now think to be - everything. Of course, you are free to believe that life - or consciousness, came from a bunch of rocks randomly if that serves you!

Peace!

- Blurpinkle

Blurpinkle said:
...knew some of the feeling and the space, and I realized this had happen to me...

This is one of my favorite things about high-dose DXM. Every time you take another trip, you always feel you are returning to the same place. The familiarity and peace is wonderful. The more you trip, the more that place feels like "home."

Blurpinkle said:
This seemed perfectly logical to me at the time so I tried to vibrate at the level of a 'blue coffee cup' and then felt myself vibrate with a huge 'zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing' noise until I was in one of the coffee cup molecule clusters playing with the other molecules but becoming board with it all and and then trying to be a shoe, or a table cloth.

That vibration is everything. The rhythmn. The moment to moment to moment. I like to play music, because its easy to take on the "vibration" of the music. Finding and holding on to that rhythmn is the key to ditching your body and history and flying through the cosmos in your own head.

I don't get stuck in loops anymore, although it was hella fun when I did. I did a TV loop just like yours, and as soon as I stood up, I would sit back down and relive it again.

This was "3rd" plateau stuff for sure. You go the farthest in the 3rd plateau. All kinds of stuff. Usually I see the universe end, spend time in nirvana, then watch the universe start up again. Relived childhood memories (usually in thought loops), and uh once I became a wall.

I wish the author of the FAQ never wrote about the "4th plateau". 4th plateau is just coma. For like 8 hours. With a day-long comedown after. Not productive at all. Also, plateau sigma is closer to psychosis than a high.

I remember talking to a molecule cluster inside of a coffee cup... yes, you heard that right. They were telling me how they kept formation according to the thoughts of what people thought they were, and that if I joined them I should really stay a coffee cup because if you go changing all the time you'll really put the fright into humans.

- * Blurpinkle

Ohhhhhh yeahhh that part make me fell uhmmmm, good for you, what could happen if you have some pet near to you in that moment?
totally loved this report<3
I thought you took like 5 bottles of something or Im wrong?

Thank you lazydullard & unicito for your responses. I think you 'get' what I was 'getting at'. It was all very fascinating yet disconcerting and it is sometimes hard within the terms of human every day language to explain in a way that other entities can comprehend, but I believe you are grasping what I experienced. I would love to hear from others who have entered this strange level to tell me their experiences and their integration of their conscious being as a whole. It was fascinating, although I have not repeated it or tried the dxm experience again since this report.

What other 'safe' substances that are not as 'toxicly shocking' might one embark on more exploration?

Love, light, LAUGHTER, & creativity ALLways!

- Blurpinkle

Thanks for sharing, it was entertaining to read.

Personally, I think I get more out of the lower to moderate dose ranges for DXM. I find taking a "3rd plateau" dose (I think the whole "plateau" thing is overstated BTW) just increases the confusion, amnesia and physical side effects (nausea, double vision, trouble walking etc.) without adding much of value. I usually dose anywhere from 150-500mg, and I always smoke some herb during the trip. It really synergizes quite well, I feel a DXM trip without it is somewhat incomplete. I love dancing and stretching on DXM (this is not possible if the dose is too high), it feels quite amazing.

What other 'safe' substances that are not as 'toxicly shocking' might one embark on more exploration?

Sounds like ketamine is what you're after. It pretty much has all the positives of DXM, but with less side effects and a much reduced duration. Although totally different, LSD is also an amazing drug to explore yourself and the universe. Have you tried "typical" psychedelic drugs before (shrooms, LSD, mescaline etc.)?

be safe and have fun.

Pretty wild story! I seem to be one of those who requires a larger than 'normal' dose to really enter the warped world of DXM. I took about 750mg and felt strange, but it was only after ingesting some 1000mg or so that I really went into outer space! I definitely had an out of body experience. Things became very blurry and I had the uncanny feeling that my body wasn't really "mine". It was a little scary at times, but I was always aware that I was under the influence, and would return to normal eventually.

I kept being surprised at how weird I was feeling, wondering- Can it possibly get any weirder than this? And yes- it just kept getting weirder! I was too wacked out to even surf the internet as the monitor was no longer a flat surface but was strangely curved! I took a few cautious steps around the house, walking up and down the short staircase and finally just sitting down in the lotus position and just feeling overwhelmed by it all. It was a sunny day and the only noise outside was the clanging wind chimes on the porch of the house across from me on the other side of the cul de sac! Freaky! I felt out of time and the closed eye visuals were completely real seeming. It was like one long bizarre waking dream.

Very nice trip report, Blurpinkle. I've never done a third plateau dose, and reading your report confirms to me what I've always suspected, which is that this drug makes a rickety raft for sailing the rough seas of shamanic ego death.

Ketamine is far superior for this. But it must be used in GREAT moderation, to keep being a good shaman's tool. I'm talking once or twice a month max, to avoid the side effects causing serious health problems.

I recently took 150mg of DXM, as a way to repair and upregulate my dopamine receptors, after having decided to go entirely off alcohol, adderall, and Mucuna pruriens (that last one for good!). I was in a very 'heal thyself' state of mind, and that set the theme for the trip. Since then, my brain has felt really rejuvenated. Thanks, DXM!

I really don't think I'd ever do more than maybe 400mg of it, though. Very occasionally.

DXM has a deep, sweet longing sadness to it, I find, which is very different from ketamine's odd profundity flavor. DXM can make me cry, but paradoxically enjoy it and feel cleansed by it. Ketamine has never had this effect on me, or anything close. Both are very strange effects, though. As with LSD, if you choose to find the strangeness hysterical, you'll get much quality time out of the experience.

DXM has a deep, sweet longing sadness to it, I find, which is very different from ketamine's odd profundity flavor. DXM can make me cry, but paradoxically enjoy it and feel cleansed by it. Ketamine has never had this effect on me, or anything close. Both are very strange effects, though. As with LSD, if you choose to find the strangeness hysterical, you'll get much quality time out of the experience.

I couldnt agree more! I cried last night on 250mg. But it was such a pleasant, light hearted cry. I was sad for over half the trip, but I would easily repeat it again.

Hi all. Been a while since I returned to this thread and no I have not tripped again with DXM as I found it a bit too harsh on the system. I do enjoy the occasional shroom journey now and again, but found that it is not a wise idea to shroom in the middle of Manhattan.

I would love to hear from others who have entered this strange level to tell me their experiences and their integration of their conscious being as a whole.

You can view my recent DXM reports here:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=8518315#post8518315

I also agree with DXM having a sad aura to it. Previously; about 3-4 years ago I experienced some low dose DXM trips. During one of them I heard a lady humming a very sad note inside of the air within my atmosphere. I heard it exactly 1-2 feet to my left; inside of the center of the room within midair. It was the most beautiful, most sad, most amazing voice I've ever heard in my entire life. It was so heartwarming, and so reviving that I was at complete 100% peace with everything in existence. It was a very beautiful moment, and I'll never forget it. I very easily could have broke out into tears, but it would have been the type of crying that feels very good, and soothes the heart/soul. The dose was approximately around 100-200mgs of DXM. I've only ever experienced that feeling at low dosage; although, at larger dosages I have even more intense versions of it. What I'm saying is; I've only heard that beautiful voice during a low dosage. Higher dosages have their own special touchy flavor. It was during that day though that I realized that this drug had a large amount of potential at giving spiritual life changing experiences. DXM is a wonderful thing.

Last edited:
Sounds pretty crazy bro. But I don't get this fucked up unless I take about 1200 milligrams. Does anyone know if you can build tolerance to DXM?

Been away from the boards for a while... just checking back in. Never tried Ketamine.... it looked to creepy to me when I saw people on it and I don't much like the idea of being paralyzed and alone. Then again I have a much better confidence and inner peace now... so who knows. MY favorite drug of choice would probably be a mushroom / mdma combo.... but that more turns the world into a blurpinkle colored carnival for me than inner exploration.

Haven't done lsd in a looong long while. Would like to try again.

Thanks for the report, Blurpinkle. I enjoyed that. I love how something so mundane and specific as a blue coffee cup can gain enough experiential gravity to make a whole trip orbit around it. It reminded me of one DXM/cannabis trip where I kept feeling like I was in a universe that consisted of a shallow pool of rotten fruit juice at the bottom of closed plastic garbage can. I think the dissociative themes of darkness and enclosure played off of the tang of the fruit juice I was drinking to kick off the experience and then it took on a life of its own.

Cue "2001: A Space Odyssey" theme: Daaa ... daaa... dah DUM!
NSFW:
5213BLIB.jpg

MyDoorsAreOpen said:
DXM can make me cry, but paradoxically enjoy it and feel cleansed by it. Ketamine has never had this effect on me, or anything close.
I'm starting to think of DXM as an "atypical" dissociative (same for 3-MeO-PCP, but for a different reason). Its serotonin effects definitely cause divergences from the mold set by ketamine.

I tried to post in the psychedelic section about color spectrums that one sees while on a trip, but a bunch of anal complaining bitch fucks killed my vibe and closed the thread. This place has gotten shittier with the new mods. That's all I'm saying.

Anyway, the original question was....do you see a certain signature 'color spectrum' when you trip. I do.. it is where I came up with the name Blurpinkle from.

I found your trip quite interesting. The only thing i dont really understand is why people say they feel sad when tripping off dextro. My experience went extremely well despite the fact that it was my first time. I had never really tried a psychodelic drug before ( other then my slight brush with acid that resulted in a 5 hour monster head ache).
A group of friends and i had gotten a great idea to trip but we didnt have the money to buy shrooms. So we decided to go by some cough syrup and try that. The result i would say was pretty damn amazing. We each downed anywhere from 300-375 mg of dex. It took about 45 min to and hour for us all to feel it. I started to feel like all my limbs were weighted down and my movement was extremely absurd. Then without warning i was hit full force by what seemed like an unending wave of extreme confusion. If you have ever fallen asleep in one place and woke up somewhere completely different without knowing you had fallen asleep, then you can almost grasp the amount of confusion i was feeling. I was actually to confused that i couldnt remember any of my friends names or where i was or why i was even so confused. I am actually certain that if i hadnt have gotten a grip at that point i might have lost my mind.
The thing that i remember vividly is the electric tornado. I dont know if any of you have seen one but, it is a glass tornado that plugs into the wall and when you touch it the electricity goes to that point. This simple device is what i believe brought me back into a semi-sane reality. My friend was freaking out because i guess i was in a half sleep state and it looked like i was having a seizure. He thought i was dying or something im not sure. All i remember is him turning this thing on and i instantly was attracted to it. I felt suddenly like i understood what was going on. I felt at that moment like i was the lightning inside the glass and i was looking out into the room. When i removed my hand it seemed like the me inside the tornado had transfered into the body. It was quite fantastic from that point onward.
The begining of the trip was really scarey as i look back on it but after i was removed from my confused state i was really happy. It felt like time was going by so slow. A 5 minute conversation felt like hours but when we looked at the clock it had only been a couple of minutes. We all were really open and even the kid whos literally and idiot was sounding intelligent. We had conversations about our status in school and now afterwards my friends are trying to clean up their hood ratness i call it and become better people. The experience was like waking up over and over into many different world. I knew what was happening but i just didnt have any control over it.
All in all id say dextro is a good trip. The feeling of sadness never really hit me and im pretty sure im gunna trip again soon.