Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Official "Quitting the Scene" Thread

N

Bluelighter
I would love for this thread to be a testimonial to those who are stepping back and saying "thanks for the memories".
I have had a great time through the years but have grown bored with the Perth club scene.
Goodnight, thanks to all those who have shared a smile with me... and goodbye!
N.

I have had a great time through the years but have grown bored with the Perth club scene.
then come on over to sydney!
[ 05 March 2002: Message edited by: lazer licker ]

...actually, I think this thread could serve some real purpose. There's probably a lot of kids out there (myself kind of included) looking to make a quick and dignified 'exit' from the whole scene, but for a number of factors - either force of habit, friends who are still in there, boredom, etc - can't make the transition to respectful, law-abiding member of society.
I've heard the same kind of comments many, many times from many, many people - "man, I'm over it, I'm not enjoying it" - only to see them out next weekend (and the weekend after that, ad nauseum) chomping down 5 pills, only to say on Monday that "I didn't have that good a time".
Whats the trap? Why is it a bitch to leave? Why do we make so many excuses? (One last big night out, I promise... All my friends are there...)
Ideas?

I've left many times. My problem is I keep coming back.
The lay off periods are getting longer though. One day I won't go back, but it won't be for a long while. When it happens for good you will know. YOU WILL KNOW.
:)

Why do you have to leave?
If drugs are the problem, and you're leaving because of them, then why were you here in the first place?
If the places you go out to no longer excite you, try something new...

ive decided to take it easy on the drugs for a while (though i was never a 5 pills a night feller) but nothing could stop me listening to dance music

Unfortunately my girlfriend is totally against any kind of drugs and people who take them. Even though I always space a month between drops she still doesn't like me doing it. As it isn't fair for her to force me to stop or fair for me to continue we have made a deal.
She is not going to mind me dropping but at the end of this year I have to stop all my illicit activites. So I guess at the end of the year I will be taking that walk outside the Bluelight door.

So many times I have wanted to walk away from 'the scene' mainly because it effects my work life and I spend way too much $$$ because of it, when really I should be trying to pay off my debts, but I can't. All my friends are Bluelighters and they are the people that I love, and well I love 'the scene' too much.

Im gradually pulling away its time for me to straighten up my act and get a life ie do something more with myself..maybe study, go travel (in the direction of parties else where no doubt). and no its not cos of the drugs i did the whole scene for the first couple of years without them, unfortunatly i find it hard to go back to those years :(
so boredom it is...I try not to become a jaded rather..subbies moving to home club, tweakin & zukini @ club 77 shutting down for starters..though i try to do something differant each time i go out to keep it interesting. Im so sick of the clubs, i gave the whole rave scene up for a year and hit the oxford st clubs (probably why i hate subbies now its starting to remind me of those places.
so i go to things like harbour cruise dance parties (eckythump) the odd illegal warehouse party, a few large scale events (utopia, gatecrasher) medium sized parties (if theres such a thing)- once upon a time,

I recently moved from San Francisco to San Diego, CA. I've been clean and relatively sober for months, and have yet to be seduced by the scene here, as it is far from the type that i would lust over. Yet that has given me the chance to spend quality time with myself, spend money in a more sane fashion, clear my head out, and sort out my life without a dizzying whirring pace to make me lose distraction just when it seems i'm getting it all together.
But damn i miss my scene in SF. It's almost 700 or so clicks away, so it's not really all that convenient. But the whole city is going through a major reshuffling after the dot.bomb implosion, and it's not all that pretty. Not the kind of thing you want to stick around for. Kinda like being at a party with the stragglers who don't have rides right when the keg runs out.
But hey, the parties are always there, there never seemed to be a shortage of beautiful humanity no matter where i go. And it feels like i'm in control again. It's not that i'm giving up my wonderfully wicked ways. I'm just bunkering down during my metaphoric winter to save energy, resources, and to charge up for another run. Never any regrets, but this is a time for rest. Yet i find myself sometimes howling at the moon and lamenting my self-imposed exile from the scene i love so much..........

*sticks his head in to see all the jaded and/or coming down ravers*
*laughs*
You'll be back..
Chem

Don't know if I'll be 'quitting the scene', but leaving Oz soon so I guess it's 'quits' till I get back :(
*sniff sniff*

oh well i dunno what's happenign with myself...i used to be in the scene semi hardcore....then i sort of backed off..didn;t even listen to the music anymore..i just listen to whatever is on the radio and stuff...and all of a sudden around october last year...whhaaaaaaammm!!!!!!
i am soo back to the scene and be everywhere ....and i realized how much i missed it ...
me jaded??...i think that might be somwhat far away....
but the memories that i had from this scene is incredible....what i called "incredible enjoyable experience" ....
til then...
ravy1

I reckon the main reason anyone wants to leave is so that they can come back later and be oldskool, cynical, wise and nostalgic. (At least that's what I plan on doin! ;) )

I'm leaving the scene pretty much....
Due to future job prospects as a pilot for a major airline (can you guess) next year i figured to quit sooner rather than later... Two Tribes was my last big bash but i figure something may come up between now and Sept or so (which is when i have to quit) where i'll revisit "the scene" but only that once cause they will be testing me before i even apply for the job....
It is however sort of a co-incidence/good timing because i was already starting to not enjoy the club seen and feeling like crap the next week and the lack of cash etc etc etc plus my girlfriend wanted to clean up.... so its all a bonus :)
Don't get me wrong thou....I've had my fun and would not trade it for the world....
[ 21 March 2002: Message edited by: The_Fuel ]

yep.. okay.. ive quit the scene again guys..lol.. no im SERIOUS this time ;)

i qwit the scene every weekend
yeah its starting to get boring but im chaning my nites so its diff enough to keep me happy doing it
maybe i might settle down and not do 2 niters every weekend though

stepping back from the scene or stepping back from a way of life u dont like anymore? have u got yourself so far into "the scene" that your life is run by it?
being bored with the clubs shouldnt be the end of it...
u can never be bored with life...
damn, i'm getting philosophical again.. must be the acid...

Laz, I pity your situation and GG, you'll be back...
-----------------------
If you ever want to find east look directly at the sun.