• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I want to try smack

Self-Aware

Bluelighter
I think about it all the time. I really want to taste it.

I've used just about every other popular drug out there including some less popular research chems, the big two I've stayed away from are coke and smack.

I'm 23 and I've been a regular pot smoker for over ten years, plus I used to be addicted to meth. I spent a few years in the rave scene doing hard drugs every weekend until it destroyed me. Now I've plans to hit up uni next year.

The thing is I went through a phase during my final year in the rave scene where I was unemployed and living off the government, my life consisted of watching sitcoms religiously, smoking pot and taking very high doses of codeine (500mg+).

I really want to try smack. I've got documents on how to make it if I can't locate any dealers, but I don't see that as being a problem. I crave it and that IS a problem. For the last six months or so I've been struggling to ditch the weed and booze leading up to uni plus I still knock myself out with opiates from time to time.

I feel like I have this idea or attitude in my head telling me to just get it over with, like I've used everything else so I might as well get the 'smack phase' out of the way so it won't be a problem in the future. Otherwise I may get hooked on it while at school and that'd just f*ck everything up. At least if I try it now I can get it over with and focus on reality again.

This is a really twisted idea that doesn't make any logical sense I know, but I'm not sure what to do. I'd like to ditch the weed for now, reduce my drinking to social events only and forget I ever thought of becoming a H banger.

I've considered rehab on several occasions but soon ditched the idea because the waiting list in my area for institutional rehab is no less than six months and you have to call them twice a week at like 8 in the morning otherwise you get kicked off the waiting list. I kept this up for three or four months after being told the waiting list was only two months or something and I can't remember what happened. I think I may have just become distressed and angry that every time I'd call up they'd tell me, 'Oh it's only a few weeks to go now', but they said that every f*cking time I called up for like two months straight or some sh*t.

Please help :(

well, H is not all it's cracked out to be. It's really just another oiate like codeine, except it's cheaper, dirtier and probably a bit more addictive.....

the high itself aint THAT amazing though...don't get your hopes up that high....

I would say stuff like Oxy is actually more powerful.

anyways, you seem to already know it's a bad idea, so .....listen to your intuition.

I'm 23 and I've been a regular pot smoker for over ten years, plus I used to be addicted to meth. I spent a few years in the rave scene doing hard drugs every weekend until it destroyed me. Now I've plans to hit up uni next year.

The thing is I went through a phase during my final year in the rave scene where I was unemployed and living off the government, my life consisted of watching sitcoms religiously, smoking pot and taking very high doses of codeine (500mg+).

This makes it sound like you have a pretty addictive personality. Do you really think throwing heroin into the mix is a good idea?

I know it's a bad idea coca, but my 'junkie mind' keeps telling me it's a great idea. Addictive personality much lol - I got hooked on granny smith apples when I was a kid.

I'm going to listen to the sensible voice inside, it's already told me to make another appointment with the rehab centre. Done. So I'm back on the waiting list.

The problem now is my junkie thinks it's time to party non-stop until I get into rehab. I'll just have to keep him under control as much as possible for the duration.

Thanks for your posts guys.

^if youre partying as much as possible nonstop before rehab, your heart's not in it.

It is SS (my heart) I promise you.

What I meant was because I now have plans to spend time in rehab the 'inner junkie', as I like to call it sometimes, will freak out because he knows that pretty soon he won't have anything to satisfy his evil urges, so he'll try and deceive me by saying it's ok to party non-stop leading up to rehab, often with the intention of deterring me from actually going through with it.

Which is totally wrong and stupid, but the junkie within us is very good at what he does. He's devious and manipulative.

Doesn't anyone else view their inner demons in this way?

To me the inner junkie is like a life force that exists only because we feed it while at the same time if we deprive him of nutrients (drugs) he'll wither away and die.

if you require a challenge to overcome, go climb a mountain.

If a person wants to self destruct there's nothing anyone can do to stop them.

Hey guys it's all good. Yes, part of me wants it, but that's only my 'inner junkie'.

I'm focused on rehab now, before I end up ruining my life again.

I've already been through meth addiction and alcoholism, I don't need H.

I do crave it. It's a psychological thing which needs attention or else it'll spin out of control.

After posting this morning, then talking with a drug counsellor I realised I'm not ready for uni if I'm still using opiates every two weeks. There's the added daily cannabis and alcohol use which is only going to lead to harder sh*t like it did when I was a teenager.

It was easy to ignore for a while, but now it's nearing the new year and while getting things prepared for the big move, enrolling etc. these demons have resurfaced again. I take that giant crystal clear sign that I need institutional rehab + therapy if I'm going to conquer this beast once and for all.

Again I appreciate your replies :)

Last edited:
This is a really twisted idea that doesn't make any logical sense I know, but I'm not sure what to do. I'd like to ditch the weed for now, reduce my drinking to social events only and forget I ever thought of becoming a H banger.

Well, once you head down that road, you won't even be able to afford weed or drink and seeing as how heroin satisfies every need you have including food, sex, and hygiene you probably won't even notice that you haven't had a drink, a toke, a shower, sex or something to eat in quite some time. Hell once you use dope, you don't even care if you have a place to live.

Remember the post above, that shit is going to"own" you like no other.....

Don't do it....

It's really just another oiate like codeine

QFT...especially if you have no opiate tolerance. Plus, both codeine and heroin work by turning into morphine. So, unless you were planning on going for the "rush" of the needle, you'll find that H is nothing new.

H is the stupidest fuckin drug alive it eats people away.. Mom and Dad where addicted to H they lost me? Now i live in a adoptive family don't fuck with that shit... Seriously?

I think doing a drug 'just to try it', or to plan on doing it once just to know what it's like doesn't make much sense. Either you'll really like it and find it harder not to have a problem with it, or you wont like it and might as well not have wasted your time/money - it really seems like a lose/lose situation.

Heroin was one of the last drugs I tried, and like you I glorified it for awhile, really wanted to try it - and when I did, it was a huge let down. I have an addictive personality but never feel any pull to do heroin. I find codeine a better high than heroin.

The fact that this is actually a serious thread astounds me. You think you crave it now? That's fucking ridiculous. If you ever try it, by the sound of your personality as it is, I can guarantee you will become an addict. Please just get that idea out of your head; I would never want anyone to have to go through heroin addiction, and if you were already addicted to substances in the past, this will be no different. I really doubt that you will try it and then when you want to go to uni just be like, "Okay, that was fun but I can stop now, no problem". I am almost 100% sure that will not happen. Be safe man and just don't do it in the first place; that first high you get will be like nothing you've ever experienced, and you will never get the same high out of any other opiate the same way again. If you like your codeine now, stick with that and never go to more potent opioids, as after time you will never feel codeine again if you start the heroin.

Sorry if this post kinda came off as harsh, however I'm a recovering heroin addict and know what its like first hand, and just don't want to see anyone knowingly ruin their lives. Just don't do it period and you will save yourself years of disappointment and regret.

yea, so you're already an addict. doesn't matter that you haven't tried it. it's no big deal, go out and do it. here's the thing-- don't find a dealer. if you can possibly have a friend score it for you, do it that way. you want a 20 bag, enough for a day or 2. indulge. just leave no place to score again. the notion that you have to go through a smack phase just to try smack is childish.

i've been able to "try" smack a few times in my life, without getting addicted, even though i'm a huge pill popper. after not using opiates for a month, i "tried" smoking smack last weekend. two days of use gave me minor physical WD, intense cravings, and some of the gnarliest drug dreams i've ever had. these effects lasted a full week.

that's what makes smack special-- it's super addictive. what other pill form opiate will make you strung out after 2 days of use and turn you into dick sucking slave? the person that compares smack to codeine is being silly.

I've very shocked at the posts comparing codeine to heroin. But yeah like everyones said, dont try it, you yourself already know how addicted your going to become, and thats not fun at all.

Don't try heroin because "you don't want to become addicted during the school year". You'll just end up being a hypocrite.

If you're interested in trying heroin, you should adress the "why".

If I were you personally, I would give up drinking and stick to smoking weed. If you can get there in your life, and not crave alcohol or meth or heroin, you "may" be able to responsibly try heroin. However, it's unlikely - most people fall hard for it, like someone first developing their first feelings on someone the second they lay their eyes on someone, and then you start stalking them until they file a restraining order on you. I've seen people use heroin for recreation and they didn't get addicted to it, but they are rare.

If you know you have the will power to say NO after trying it once and to get out of it after that, then go ahead and try it. But discovering you don't have that will power is something you don't want to risk. So, you should really do some long and hard thinking before trying it.

For some harm reduction though, heroin is a good high all the way around, meaning: don't go into it thinking you "have to shoot it". Try snorting or smoking heroin BEFORE injecting it. Also, before injecting anything (including but not limited to heroin) please practice with sterile saline solution until you have experience and know what you're doing. There's a lot of information on this board to look into before trying IV anything including shooting heroin.

If you get powder heroin, try snorting it first. If you get tar heroin, try smoking it first. You shouldn't be disappointed - smoking heroin gives you a rush before you exhale, and snorting can last a good 8 hours and have at least a 3 to 4 hour peak.

Last edited:
Don't try heroin because "you don't want to become addicted during the school year". You'll just end up being a hypocrite.

If you're interested in trying heroin, you should adress the "why".

If I were you personally, I would give up drinking and stick to smoking weed. If you can get there in your life, and not crave alcohol or meth or heroin, you "may" be able to responsibly try heroin. However, it's unlikely - most people fall hard for it, like someone first developing their first feelings on someone the second they lay their eyes on someone, and then you start stalking them until they file a restraining order on you. I've seen people use heroin for recreation and they didn't get addicted to it, but they are rare.

If you know you have the will power to say NO after trying it once and to get out of it after that, then go ahead and try it. But discovering you don't have that will power is something you don't want to risk. So, you should really do some long and hard thinking before trying it.

For some harm reduction though, heroin is a good high all the way around, meaning: don't go into it thinking you "have to shoot it". Try snorting or smoking heroin BEFORE injecting it. Also, before injecting anything (including but not limited to heroin) please practice with sterile saline solution until you have experience and know what you're doing. There's a lot of information on this board to look into before trying IV anything including shooting heroin.

If you get powder heroin, try snorting it first. If you get tar heroin, try smoking it first. You shouldn't be disappointed - smoking heroin gives you a rush before you exhale, and snorting can last a good 8 hours and have at least a 3 to 4 hour peak.
Yeah, seriously don't jump into IV'ing it, if you're GOING to try it anyway, avoid the needle.