• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Demerol Pills IV'd

Druidus

Bluelighter
I've got a friend determined to IV some demerol pills he has. I know injecting pills is dangerous, and I've explained the various regular dangers. But is there anything in particular about meperidine that makes it more unsuitable for injection than, say, hydromorphone or oxycodone?

He's used to 8mg IV of hydromorph, what's an equivalent dose in demerol?

Has anyone here injected demerol pills IV? And is there actually a "rush" as I've read?

I think the binders were designed specifically to harm you because they were popular in the late 80s, yes theres a rush, but I really think these are significantly more dangerous to shoot than say dilaudid, even ms contin.

Is it just demerol in the pill? I had 50 mg demerols but they had another active ingredient.

If the binders themselves were designed to harm you, couldn't a user sue because there was no warning?

He's coming over soon, I'm going to check the pills out to see if it's just demerol, dem + prometh could be bad.

tell your friend to look at the thread (and pictures) "im losing my hand to demerol"
this guy did the same thing your friend wants to do, his fingers turned black and died, and they had to cut off his entire hand :\

That dude hit an artery though,Demerol wont just make you lose limbs.
I heard there is a risk of seizures when demerol is given via IV.I think they do really slow drips if they have to give demerol IV in the hospital,but they only use it if morphine isn't suitable.

I've read quite a few bad experiences here on BL from people injecting Demerol...

It seems like a really bad idea... just read some of the experiences on here!

I got him to sublingual them instead, thanks to your information.

Could've really hurt himself... I mean, I'm his friend, but he can be a downright idiot sometimes.

I think the binders were designed specifically to harm you because they were popular in the late 80s

Is it just demerol in the pill? I had 50 mg demerols but they had another active ingredient.

Were you thinking of Diconal? (dipipanone+cyclizine)

I got him to sublingual them instead, thanks to your information.

Could've really hurt himself... I mean, I'm his friend, but he can be a downright idiot sometimes.

Dude, you just said in another thread that you literally have one friend...your girlfriend.

Just say its you that is going to shoot these, no one cares.

And search for the thread about the guy that lost fingers due to injecting demerol. Maybe someone will link it.

Dude, you just said in another thread that you literally have one friend...your girlfriend.

Just say its you that is going to shoot these, no one cares.

And search for the thread about the guy that lost fingers due to injecting demerol. Maybe someone will link it.

Dude, I don't have friends, not really. This is just someone who gets me my own D8s. He's an acquaintance, a guy who helps me out. I never do anything with him that isn't about drugs, and I don't really like him, only tolerate him because he's my connection.

Don't jump to conclusions because of simple wordage. I didn't want to say "This guy I get drugs from wants to bang pethidine", it's wordy and also makes me look a little selfish (help me save my drug source type thing).

Whatever though./

if you shot demerol PILLS for an extended amount of time it will, GURANTEED

You can't guarantee people will lose limbs after shooting any kind of pill for an extended amount of time.

Not everyone is going to hit an artery just because they're shooting pills. You can hit arteries with street drugs too, you know.

Yeah,shooting anything is dangerous...But since that guy lost his hand,everyone around here seems to think it was from the demerol itself.Im sure the same thing could have happened if he hit an artery while trying to shoot Oxycontin or Dilaudid.

Hmm, I seem to remember some specific preparation of demerol (probably with promethazine) being unsafe to inject... I'm gonna look around more for whatever it was I read...

You can't guarantee people will lose limbs after shooting any kind of pill for an extended amount of time.

Not everyone is going to hit an artery just because they're shooting pills. You can hit arteries with street drugs too, you know.

Well, you sort of can actually.. any IV user knows that a missed shot eventually is a certainty, and an artery shot will probably happen at some stage... so if its pills being shot an abcess or lost limb is definitely on the cards. It only takes one artery shot to lose a limb...
Keep in mind no one ever hits an artery on purpose... but it certainly happens. And thinking you know better really doesn't mean much either, b/c a lot of seemingly experienced users fuck up and miss

He's coming over soon, I'm going to check the pills out to see if it's just demerol, dem + prometh could be bad.

How could dem +prom be bad? Theres enough misinformation in this thread to kill a horse. I used to shoot the 50mg demerol/25 prom all the time. Usuallty 3 or 4 at once.
These:
http://www.pharmer.org/images/contr...nedemerol-and-25mg-promethazine-imprint-v4206

You start doing more then that it burns a little bit. That guy in the demerol thread hit an artery. You shoot anything in an artery its bad, theres nothing inherently more dangerous about demerol. I feel sorry for the guy, but thats a rare case.

I also used to mix promethazine with my morphine shots because the same girl got both and would throw the prom in. Wont hurt you, actually keeps you from getting nauseous, and slightly potentiates it.

And is there actually a "rush" as I've read?

Thats the funny thing about demerol, theres virtually no rush. Iving it is like iving fentanyl, you get a warm feeling, and a VERY heavy nod. But if your looking for a dilaudid or oc like rush, you will be very disapointed. We only got demerol when we were desperate and it really was a waste of money.

wow get a heavy nod off demerol mine come in capsules 50mg from spain i empty the contents of the capsule powder in sum water and drink it im totally speedy like a cocaine rush for hours never felt drowsy on demerol

Theres enough misinformation in this thread to kill a horse. I used to shoot the 50mg demerol/25 prom all the time. Usuallty 3 or 4 at once....

You start doing more then that it burns a little bit.

Yeah, the burning is what I'm referring to. I read about it when I had a friend wanting to inject some, and I believe the poster of the original message was 'paradoxcycle', but I'm not sure...