• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Michael Douglas' son arrested for meth [updated 4.21.10]

Acid Eiffel

Bluelight Crew
http://www.nypost.com/seven/08032009/entertainment/michael_douglas_son_arrested_for_meth_182809.htm

MICHAEL DOUGLAS' SON ARRESTED FOR METH

The son of actor Michael Douglas was arrested in New York for possessing a massive amount of crystal meth with intent to distribute it, law enforcement sources said this evening.

Cameron Douglas, 30, was busted on July 28 at the Gansevoort Hotel by a DEA task force, the sources said.

The bust stemmed from an undercover operation that determined Douglas had allegedly had a half-a-pound of the drug.

The drug sells for approximately $80 a gram, meaning Douglas had dealt a little more than $18,000 worth of the substance.

edit: mod, if you could edit the title so it isn't in all caps i would appreciate it. i copy and pasted the title but forgot to reformat it.

Good read. I wonder what the MMS is in NY for that much, bummer bro.

Shit, wonder why he is dealing crystal instead of just living off his dads millions?

It will be interesting to see what kind of sentence he gets.

via TMZ (pinch of salt)

It's not the first time Cameron has been busted for drugs. Back in 2007 he was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance after cops found a syringe with liquid cocaine in a car he was in.

Very interesting. Seems like he is pretty into drugs then, crystal meth and IV cocaine, somebody likes their stims. This kid probably made Michael Douglas' job a lot easier/natural when he was filming 'Traffic'. lol

Originally Posted by drug mentor
Shit, wonder why he is dealing crystal instead of just living off his dads millions?
He probably blew all of his chances with his dad being dishonest and pissing away tons of money.

now his girlfriend gets busted for trying to sneak him 7gs of heroin-- in court! 8o even worse is that she is also being charged for the meth deal as per the complaint pdf link which is active below(and an interesting read). picts via the link.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/entertai...-for-Smuggling-Heroin-Into-Jail-52975187.html

Romancing the Stoner: Cameron's Gal Busted in Smuggle

Douglas' girlfriend busted for smuggling heroin, in a toothbrush, to a court hearing, sources say

By JONATHAN DIENST

Updated 5:47 PM PDT, Tue, Aug 11, 2009

The girlfriend of Cameron Douglas, the son of actor Michael Douglas, was arrested Monday for allegedly trying to smuggle him drugs in federal court.

Law enforcement sources said Kelly Sott was caught passing an electric toothbrush to Douglas in a conference room inside the 500 Pearl Street courthouse after a court hearing on his federal drug charges. Hidden inside the handle of the toothbrush were dime bags of heroin, a criminal complaint said.

Read the complaint[pdf]

Douglas, 30, was arrested last month after an undercover cop allegedly found half-a-pound of meth on Douglas at the swanky Hotel Gansevoort, law enforcement officials said.

Cameron is accused of running a well-oiled drug operation, selling hefty amounts of methamphetamine between New York and Los Angeles, delivering the addictive substance in person, or via Fed Ex from a California hotel, according to the criminal complaint.

One source at the courthouse said that Sott herself looked tired and worn. A criminal complaint against Sott said that inside the battery compartment of the toothbrush she brought her boyfriend, guards found "about 19 glassines" with a brownish substance "that appeared to be heroin."

Field test indicated it was, in fact, about seven grams of heroin.

Law enforcement sources said Sott was at a relative's Manhattan apartment when Cameron Douglas called and asked her to bring down items to the court. Investigators later found Sott at the Gansevoort Hotel, where she had a room, and there they discovered drug paraphenalia, sources said.

When DEA agents arrested Sott, she said "that she was not aware of the contents of the toothbrush that she delivered," the complaint said.

Cameron Douglas has acted in movies including 2003's "It Runs in the Family," starring his Oscar-award winning father and his grandfather Kirk Douglas.

Since they never mentioned heroin in the original bust it seems unlikely he is an addict. Maybe she just is hooking him up with something to get through and also maybe as a bargaining tool in prison as I am sure that when his identity becomes known he will be a target to some thugs.

Damn, I really don't see how this can get any worse...

Didn't know it went Federal, that sucks for Cameron.

Cameron Douglas is a badass. lol, just bring me my toothbrush hoe - yeah! Jail is going to be a blast and then I'll be free as a bird before everyone else!

I wonder how much she was promised for doing that? I'm sure the price just went up... :|

19 glassines is equal to 7 grams??? I thought each stamp bag was a .1 so that should only be around 1.9-2 grams. How the hell did they come up with 7 g's?

19 glassines is equal to 7 grams??? I thought each stamp bag was a .1 so that should only be around 1.9-2 grams. How the hell did they come up with 7 g's?

i actually quoted that number from people magazine who incidentally has an updated article w/ reaction from Douglas senior coupled with the revocation of junior's bail and possible life sentence he faces! 8o

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20297542,00.html
Michael Douglas's Family Devastated & Disappointed in Son

With Cameron Douglas now behind bars facing drug trafficking charges, his parents Michael Douglas and Diandra Douglas addressed their son's arrest for the first time.

"The family is devastated and very disappointed in Cameron's recent behavior. Any family who has dealt with substance abuse knows how devastating it can be," says the statement released Wednesday by the actor's spokesperson.

Cameron is being held at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York City after he violated the terms of his home detention by allegedly asking his girlfriend to bring him an electric toothbrush with heroin stashed in it, a corrections center spokesperson tells PEOPLE.

Douglas, 30, had been released on bail and confined to a Manhattan apartment after his arrest on charges of distributing methamphetamine, also known as crystal meth.

Possible Life in Prison
Douglas, who faces a mandatory minimum of 10 years in prison if convicted and could face life in prison, was under the watch of a private security company when his girlfriend, Kelly Sott, allegedly brought him a black bag that contained an electric toothbrush with about seven grams of heroin hidden in the battery compartment. A security guard discovered the drugs, and alerted authorities.

Sott, 32, who told authorities she was not aware of what was stashed in the toothbrush, is also in custody on drug-related charges at the Metropolitan Correction Center. A preliminary hearing is set for Sept. 10 in her case. A lawyer for Sott could not be reached for comment and lawyers for Douglas have declined to comment.

Contrary to earlier reports, Douglas was not staying at the apartment owned by Michael Douglas or his wife, Catherine Zeta-Jones, according to a source. The New York Post reported that he was staying at the home of his mother, Diandra Douglas.

Another life - no, another family - devastated by the war on freedom to alter consciousness.

Yeah, the same math that brings you headlines like "Over $100,000 in Ecstasy found in college student's apartment" with the by-line "Police report that over 3500 pills were found in student's backpack."

dude, he had a fucking HALF POUND of meth. how the hell could that benefit anyones consciousness?

it doesn't matter what drug he had, people should be able to take whatever drug they desire, as long as they are not harming others by driving.

and the reason he probably had a large amount is because his dad is rich, which pretty much makes him rich as well.