• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sprint or Distance for sexy legs

TheAdjustment

Bluelighter
Hi,

Been a long time lurker not much of a poster. I have been running a lot lately, a mix between distance and short sprints.

What do you judge as having sexy legs on a man? Is it the defined look, or the larger bulky legs look? I want to know if I should stick to hardcore sprinting maybe even with weighted shoes which I got, or going the distance, I simply want some sexy legs!

^I'd guess most women would rather have a sprinter.

Distance runners look like drug addicts.

but if I did do distance and I just increased food/protein intake would that make a difference in looks for distance? Would sprinting give a lot more defined muscle?

I say a defined look with a little bit of bulk to make it obvious that you work out. Not enough to be a bodybuilder, of course, but just to give a hint of "I take care of myself."

To increase leg muscle mass: Sprint, 40-200 meters.

To maintain current muscle mass, run ~1 to 5 miles.

To get distance runner stick legs, run 5+ miles.

Definition depends on body fat, which depends on diet.

Distance runners look like drug addicts.

this.

but if I did do distance and I just increased food/protein intake would that make a difference in looks for distance? Would sprinting give a lot more defined muscle?

depends on what kind of distance you're talking about, but the short answer is no. there's really no way to build any kind of mass as a distance runner.

and if you're looking to build attractive legs, you'll have better luck doing leg lifts than running. you can throw some sprints in there, but they won't really change your appearance that much.

I do leg extensions, leg curls, hack squats, and then workon the calf with calf raises. I do that three times a week, cycle on stationary bike very day and on the weekends I ride a road bike about 100 miles in 2 days. That has really made my legs look good and feel good. My balance has gotten much better as well. Been doing this for years. You have to occasionally take a week of rest to let your body repair.
-Bodie

Squats/Deadlifts for legs- helps shape the glutes too! Eat lots and don't do any running till your legs are as big as you want them. Then do some running till there as defined as you want them (you can see muscle seperation, etc)

I'm going to also say sprinters legs. Distance legs are always too spindly.

distance burns fat.sprint for gaining muscle with the muscle exerscises as said above.

Mix it up with both. Try to incorporate as much variation as possible. SHOCK 'EM!

Yeah, you've probably gotten the basic idea already, but sprinting will bulk your legs more, distance running will give them a leaner look. Just depends what you are going for. In my opinion, all the guys on my old high school cross-country team were very toned and hott, but a bit on the thin side (just in my personal taste). But I don't like the bulky spinters legs either. Soccer boys got the best legs ;)

Cyclists have pretty awesome legs. When I started biking to work, my leg strength probably doubled, and to this day they're still the most relatively strong part of my body.

3132409483_6b11dde4ef.jpg

Sprint = big, muscly legs and shoulders
Distance = skinny toned legs, and skinny everything else
Cycling = muscly toned legs, but puny upper body

yeah - swimming is definitely the best aerobic exercise for not looking like a corpse.

i don't like looking like a corpse, but i do like running really fast. there's not a lot of middle ground.

nah, i dont think distance runners look like "corpses"... I mean, you have to have some meat on your bones to make it through 10 mile runs and what not. I'll never forget my first high school crush, a senior on the track team... specialized in the 3200 meter, sexiest body ever.