Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

which is your favourite: Quentin Tarantino film!

Which is your favourite Tarantino film?

• My Best Friend's Birthday (1987)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Reservior Dogs (1992)

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • Pulp Fiction (1994)

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • Jackie Brown (1997)

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Kill Bill Vol 1 (2003)

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Kill Bill Vol 2 (2004)

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • DeathProof (2007)

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

L2R

Bluelight Crew
Of all the films QT has directed, which is your favourite and why?

for me, no film has ever made me feel so high as the first screening of pulp fiction in a packed theatre, BUT that movie i have seen to death, and i am numb to it now.

reservior dogs has a special place for me since i loved the movie back in high school and even saw a live stage version which was sweet.

the kill bill films are gorgeous plays on many of my favourite films and genres as a teen also.

but i really think that Tarantino came into his finest form in his adaptation of Elmore Leonard's "Jackie Brown". The plot, the pace, the mix of dark and light are all as matured as all of the main characters. The ensemble cast strike an incredible accord in this beautiful film.

The only Tarantino film I really like is Pulp Fiction.

it's a shame sony's gone - he loved tarantino :)

i voted for pulp fiction. like you, rob, i can remember vividly when i saw it in the theatre. which theatre, how i felt, etc.

so many wonderful script, acting and direction moments in that movie.

alasdair

Oh, I voted for Kill Bill: Vol. 1... tough choice between that and Pulp Fiction

Pulp Fiction easily. Resevoir Dogs was the first Tarantino movie I saw and loved, but he will never be able to top Pulp Fiction.

I saw it for the first time with my older brother at the dollar cinema and was blown away! The acting, the dialogue, the non-linear plot. Everything was perfect to me. And to have this be a movie in which I had almost no expectations whatsoever? Wow!

The internet has almost completely ruined today's movie experience.

I think I was most impressed with Pulp Fiction, but I feel that his best (so far) was Jackie Brown. I'm a HUGE Elmore Leonard fan, and the Tarantino/Leonard combo is almost unbeatable in my book.

and btw - I think you mean "My Best Friend's Birthday"... which doesn't even really count since it was never officially completed/distributed.

In all truth it is very hard to go past Kill Bill 1 or Pulp Fiction. PF is probably the best if you look at it from a pure film and scripting point of view but at this moment I am still buzzing about DeathProof.

IDK what it was about that film but I just loved everything about it and the ending just cracked me up

HisNameIsFrank said:
The internet has almost completely ruined today's movie experience.
How so?

Although, i'm afraid if you tell me, i'll agree.

But I don't yet. Personally, the internet has been a great tool in opening the world of cinema for me.

Impacto Profundo said:
my two poll brainfarts are now corrected
O RLY? What about Planet Terror or are we just lumping that in with Death Proof? If that is the case I think it was Grind House wasn't it?

I don't know that I am really qualified to vote on this since I am not really a fan but I did see Death proof with a few beers in me last night and it was alright. The ending was satisfying.

Grindhouse was a combination of two films, one by Quentin Tarantino and another by Robert Rodriguez.

^ Thank you for the clarification. I love being schooled. lol

I have to go with the majority and say pulp fiction. Reservior Dogs in a close second.

1160405087-uma.gif