Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

School sends mixed message with anti-drug bracelets

erosion

Bluelight Crew
School sends mixed message with anti-drug bracelets
USA Today
October 29, 2007

Try to spot the subliminal message on the bracelets that were handed out to children in Iowa as part of an anti-drug program: "I've Got BETTER Things to DO Than DRUGS."

Congratulations to those who keyed in on "BETTER...DO...DRUGS."

GN1436E_L.jpg

The Hawk Eye reports that the silicone bracelets were manufactured by Positive Promotions in New York and distributed to students in Henry County, Iowa. (Positive Promotions tried to delete the image from its website, but you can still see the bracelet here.)

Shawn Twyman, the father of two high school students, says the bracelets are very popular. "The kids are jumping on it. They think it's just cute," he tells the paper, adding that the attention being paid toward those three words "kind of defeats the purpose."

The company tells the Associated Press that it received two complaints, and plan to replace the bracelet with one that features the same message in all capital letters.

Link

hahaha I remember in my school days we would alter our bracelets or ribbons or w/e they gave us to spell out things like that, they did it for the kids this time hahahaha

They think it's just cute he says.

What a dummy. His kids like them because they noticed it first and kids like drugs or at least think talking about drugs is funny to some extent.

Peace,
PL

It's kinda like those "dare" license plates. All the coolcats get them cause they think it's ironic that they have that and smoke pot.

im wearing a bracelet like that right now that a cop gave to me. i get a mixed message cuz it says "Too cool to do drugs" but it glows in the dark... so i always end up wanting to roll instead of stay sober :(

tricky police, always sending subliminal messages to get kids hooked 8)

::sigh:: Good ole Amerika.

Helicopter gunships and 40-year prison sentences won't stop drugs, but bracelets and bumper stickers will...

This is making me wax nostalgic for those nifty urinal splash-mats.

i'd always alter my red ribbon to be pro drug, even before i did drugs.
i guess it was always destined to be.

notice which words on the braclet are capitalized. (for those dumbasses)

It's funny...I like to play sports, read, listen to music, and exercise while on drugs.

Maybe these fucking bracelets would read better if they said:

I've GOT Better Things to Do On DRUGS

like eat my ritalin and study those times tables.

Kids that do drugs is big business probation offices, drug programs, therapists, court fines ect.
That’s like those anti-smoking posters that tobacco companies put out that have the uncool parent saying “Don’t Smoke”, they know it give the kids a subliminal signals to want to smoke.

I definitely lol'd. Who says you can't play sports, exercise, read and also take drugs? Possibly even at the same time.