• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Anti Nausea medication

Splatt

Ex-Bluelighter
Is there any anti nausea medication that works?
Dramamine works to a degree but it also sedates you in the doses it works.
Is there anything else OTC or prescription?

I've got stomach and colon issues so I can get sick pretty easily. Sometimes it's just from having a dry mouth, and nothing seems to want to stop it, like water or something to nibble on. Quik Eze does nothing at all.

I would really like a working medication because when I take MDMA all I can do for an hour and a half is sit down and try not to spew, and basically cannot talk.

Pepto Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate). I swear by it. I've got mild IBS and I'm lactose intolerant, so I eat that shit like candy! lol

And yeah, don't waste your money on Quick-Eze, all it is is calcium carbonate, an antacid (same thing as Tums/Rolaids/Alcalak/Rennie/etc.). It's not really intended to help nausea or any other gastric issues beyond heartburn, no matter what it says on the box. Any mention of nausea is strictly in relation to heartburn (as it causes nausea in some people).

Dipenhydramine, scoploamine (hyoscine), metoclopramide, ginger, nutmeg (small amount) cannabis, chammamile, deep brathing.

The bold is the most effective for me, but carries some side effects. A good toke on pot should settle your stomach- alternatively, just force yourself to spew. Its not that bad.

I've found Quickease (calcium carbonate) to actually cause nausea, esp. if taken when drinking.

Thanks for replies. Metoclopramide is easy for me to get, in form of Maxolon tablets, i shall ask my doctor, but I will be taking these with MDMA. Hopefully it won't interact.

I bought ginger tablets and they don't really seem to help at all, no matter how much I take. Cannabis will change the effects of the drug so I leave that till later.

^^^Yeah the metoclpramide (maxolon) is OTC, ask for migraine/nausea tablets, they contain maxolon and paracetemol. I too find ginger ineffective, though a small bit of weed )few drags) is very good, if u have tolerance so you don't get too stoned.

I'd do the force vomiting, or i would not take pills.

Even that dopesnt seem to help. I am sick half of the peak.. From 5 minutes after having pills, upto an hour and a half.. but as soon as that period is over ii never get sick again during the night. I can double drop after the first, then take even more after i come dowen and still never need to puke.. it's something about the beginning of the experience.. happens from a half of a weak pill even, so its not cos im having high doses.

for some reason GBL seems to fix this.

^^^I suspect its anxiety then, or excitement- ever heard of people throwing up with 'pre-show' nerves, or being sick with excitement.... could be whats happening. One of the last time i took MDMA (3yrs or more ago) i was rushing and puking for the first hour- never before had a MDxx pill given me such fear and physical discomfort as that one. When i have natural panic attacks, i experience a lot of vomitting....

GBL is probably relaxing and it is known to inhibiting dopamine- dopamine can cause vomiting. Maxolon is a dopamine antagonist, like GBL in that respect, thats why its used as an anti-emetic. Though i am concerned that maxolon and psychoactives could interact negatively, so research is needed on that.

I agree some of it is anxiety, but also serotonin receptors being over stimulated, and also cos i have a bad gut and i get nauseous easily.

Motilium - domperidone maleat. Someone mentioned in another thread its bad for the liver but its not like you're taking a whole pack - and they really work beautifully

Also, just thinking about this, if you're nauseous 5 mins after taking the pill, that's gotta be psychological. For the real gut nausea, motilium is an anti-emetic, so works on telling your brain that you really don't feel like puking. I take it for anti-sea sickness as well.

I used to have nausea from about the time I started thinking about the pill, till after the first peak was over, and pretty much puked every single time.

Now I do the following: take the motilium about 20 mins before I take the pill, crush up the pill in a glass of water, hold nose, drink half through straw. Force myself to forget about taking the pill and do stuff. If I'm at home i'll do some work, water the plants, anything to get my mind off it. As soon as I really start to feel the effects, I lie down and just immerse myself in the music, have asked friends not to come hassle me during this time. As the peak hits, I sometimes feel a very mild nausea (but can feel the motilium fighting it). If still feel vaguely nauseuos (nauseated for the grammar freaks), I'll go off to the loo and try to make myself puke. Absolutely nothing every happens and I feel perfect after that. A bit later i'll take the other half and another motilium. I may feel a moment or two of nausea, usually a quick gag or attempt to puke sorts that right out.

I don't get the 5-minutes-after-taking-pill nausea at all anymore, probably cos now my brain knows - dont worry, you've had your motilium, you'll be just fine :)

I really hope one of the suggestions in above thread can help you out, I spent about 1 year with this godawful nausea and nearly stopped taking pills. Best of luck in your search.

Thanks for the help people. Will be trying these methods and meds out

Zofran.
It's a pill that disolves under your tongue and nausea goes away I swear.=D

I use to have bad chronic nausea..drank a bottle of cola syrup (phosphoric acid) or Emetrol (also phosphoric acid) a day. Dramamine never helped, except when using it to get rid of nausea on drugs, not the chronic problem.

GINGER root

listen to me- i use opiates and they can make u extremely nautious and mess up your digestion and ginger root works perfectly. IT takes away nausea, stomach pain, cramps everything digestion related.

And it is so cheap for like 1$ from your grocery store you can get a huge chunk that is many doses.

Trust me man it works like a charm. Cheap and all natural u how can u go wrong. It helps me alot because after taking opiates like morphine before eating i used to feel sick and vomit. with the ginger it never happens so it has saved me letting me maintain a nutritious diet.