• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melbourne Food Society - MEXICAN IMMINENT - SIGN UP HERE MOFOS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anna!

Bluelight Crew
I am coercing Mary Poppins and ^Pipit^ into eating glorious dumplings with me next Saturday, the 29th. This is not an "event" as much as it is an "opportunity" - the company is great, the food is even better and as far as I'm concerned anyone is welcome.

I'm not putting this in the Events forum because I never visit it, and would forget.

So, throw your name down, Jill can verify that you're allowed to come, and I will book a table.

(If no one wants to, that's fine. This thread is mostly to remind MP without being a stalker.)

YUM CHA. YUM CHA!

Would love to attend, how expensive does it usually end up being, anyone a yum cha expert?

ahahaha anna! you crack me up.

i hadn't forgotten by any means, i have been drumming up support for dumplings virtually non-stop since our conversation!!!

zephyr is keen and pop popavich is a maybe, i need to do a conversion.

where is muzby? i know he wanted a hungover yum cha outing....

iamtha1 said:
Would love to attend, how expensive does it usually end up being, anyone a yum cha expert?

yum cha is super cheap. i've never paid more than $15pp and you get so much food. on trolleys! omg!

though anna! should perhaps confirm this as i haven't been to this particular place before :)

also anna!: what time are we booked?

:p:|

Yeah, I would allow $15-$20, but they will STUFF YOU full of food.

5 of us spent $150 there the other week, but that also included awesome teas and lots of "special" king prawn dumplings :p

Awesome.

MP - 12:30!

Second to Lobster, I am absolutely infatuated with Yum Cha, and wasnt sure if Melbourne could provide an excellent venue for such things as Sydneys Yum Cha's are many and wide. It was also a favorite passtime of mine and Dyl's to eat at many Yum Cha restraunts as possible. I may get a bit emotional, forgive me ;)

I am so there, you have no idea !

Me <3's Food (YUM CHA ESPECIALLY !)

And ohh $15 pp ?

Haha I usually end up spending at least $25. AT LEAST ! Maybe thats just me...

And ohh sorry for the triple posting, but I dont think I could make it if it were on before 1ish

Me too. That's one of the things that's going to suck about leaving my job, 2 of the partners are Chinese so anytime we have a work lunch it's for yum cha.

Goddam now I'm hungry thinking of dumpling goodness :(

count me in on the teleporter idea. Yum Cha rocks and rolls all night, sweet susie. :)

damn id so be up for it but ill be at work until 4.30pm.
id be up for the dinner yum cha :(

<3

Yum cha = the bomb. :) I've only just discovered it but it's now a firm favourite.

Which place were you thinking of booking? I've heard the Shark Finn Inn [both city and Burwood] is excellent, but I'm willing to try another!

In like Flynn. ;)

^ it's already booked and stuff i think c0tb...i want to go to this place as anna! has been there before and raved.

not that i know what it's called...

It's called the Oriental Tea House - basically opposite Jam Factory. Awesome food :D Awesome tea :D

Status
Not open for further replies.