• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Most amazingly beautiful campuses - UPDATED!

Pepperdine is really nice....

I thought UNLV had a nice campous also

CalState Northridge isn't that spectacular looking of a school on the whole, but I've always been a fan of the library, which is fantastically picture-esque (too bad I can't find a decent picture of it). The quad in front of the library has been used in many television shows and a few movies (using the library as a backdrop -- Sky High School, for instance).

oviatt.jpg

I just noticed this spring really, but UW-Madison is actually quite pretty in several areas. Very beautiful flowering trees and old buildings and gardens and open grassy spaces nestled in among the city buildings. We have beautiful lakes (Madison is an isthmus) and hiking trails/picnic areas.

out of my firsthand experience, Florida Atlantic University was breathtaking. to this day I still wrestle with the fact as to why I did not go there.

in the Midwest, Indiana University looks particularly beautiful in the fall.

AxL BLaZe said:
out of my firsthand experience, Florida Atlantic University was breathtaking. to this day I still wrestle with the fact as to why I did not go there.

seriously?! I DID go there. :D It was just OK.

I commuted from about 45 min south until I discovered that there was a very nice large satellite campus 10 min away. I was much more impressed with my community college than I was with FAU - but at least we have a football team now! And it's farther from the beach than they advertise, but the beach in Boca is spotless, always - worth the drive, and you gotta know the good condos who aren't dicks about college kids on their private beach :)

Mehm said:
santa cruz is nice

no, Santa Cruz is DAMN nice. the forest offers many trails for mountain biking, hiking, forts are built relatively close to the dorms for sessions or whatever you can think of doing up there :p The beach is about 5 minutes away and the town is great. It's the most laid back place I have ever been and the attitude of people here is completely different than anywhere else I have been. And not to mention the mascot is savage, you can not beat a banana slug.

The College of William and Mary has a lovely campus in historic Williamsburg, Virginia...

One...more...bump....with PICS :D

University of Florida - born and raised

Approach to football stadium
976591847_74524de968.jpg

Inside stadium
News_Nov_football.jpg

Lake Alice (path walks around lake with benches, set across from married housing, with live roaming alligators - reach out and pet one ;) )
parkbench_lakealice-01.jpg

Modern art outside the Computer Sciences building (aka "The French Fries", building is 4 stories, fries are about 2 stories tall)
fries2.jpg

Rawwwrrrrrr
uf%20heavener.jpg

Okay, I'm biased....and it probably is *not* one of the most beautiful campuses :\ I would like to visit Mississippi...supposedly gorgeous with the Magnolia trees.

in the Midwest, Indiana University looks particularly beautiful in the fall.

Because it's ranked in the 4th tier by U.S. News? It's generally considered amongst the worst undergrad universities in the country. I guess some of their programs are ok but I would have chosen OSU too if I were you.

University of Arkansas has a very nice campus, Fayetteville is, in general, a beautiful town.

Not so much for the architecture but for the natural beauty of the area.

The girls are generally quite good looking as well.

That's the ejaculating penis fountain in front of the architecture building.

And, of course, Old Main, the first building constructed on campus back in 1876.

Last edited:
I'm extremely biased, but I love University of Western Ontario.

Students%20walking%20in%20winter3.jpg

Founder's Building from the Royal Holloway College outside of London.

RHULfounders.jpg

RoyalHollowayFoundersLondon-Seabhcan.jpg

^^^ wow, that's amazing. how many post codes in there?

University of Queensland isn't so bad.

bri_uq.jpg

^ The even better thing is that beautiful building (two posts up) is part of a women's only college ;)

UQ - my alma mater :) I agree, quite beautiful. If not for the endless contsruction sites!

Last edited:
These all seem to have pretty nice campus' all based in the UK...

Cambridge University in England
cambridge%20university.jpg

Oxford University in England
small_oxford.jpg

University of St Andrews in Scotland
university-print.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Post pictures of your campus!

Whether you're a current student or alumni, this is a thread to show off the beauty of your college campus. I recently took a few pics, and felt like sharing.

cv10.jpg

24848910.png

img00366h.jpg

img00259v.jpg