Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Effects of Ritalin

mindsurfer

Bluelighter
On a JJJ piece on the ritalin overdose story, I just heard Paul Dillon claim that ritalin doesn't get you high, even if you take five or six tablets.

I've only taken ritalin once (about 25 years ago), and one tablet definitely got me high (although it didn't last long - couple of hours).

So am I deluded, and ritalin doesn't get you high, or is Dillon doing some sort of harm-minimisation double-speak?

Perhaps you misheard him, its amphetamine and will definately get you high,

maybe he meant for ADHD sufferers it doesnt get them high.

it's all about context and your own individual ablities to process said substances.

Some people respond particularly well to certain drugs. Perhaps you've got more of enzyme X.

But if you go to erowid.org or simply google, the vast majority of Human Beings react in a very similar fashion.

I would rather doubt you before i doubt someone like Paul Dillon

On a personal level I used to consume larges amount of speed only to find that it made me quiet and far more attentive. Yet my peers would take the same dose and would not stop talking for 12 hours.

basix said:
Perhaps you misheard him, its amphetamine
Ritalin is not Amphetamine, it is methylphenidate.

If you're expecting to get a meth like high from Ritalin, then turn the other way, it is nothing like methamphetamine.
Some people liken it to cocaine in effects if it has been injected.
I have tried snorting it crushed up before, and it just increased my heart rate and made me feel edgey, but didn't really get high.

I think somewhere along the line ritalin got mixed up with dexamphetamine, i know someone that used to abuse dexamphetamine then his presciption got changed to ritalin and he presumed, because it was used to treat the same condition it must do the same thing and would still get him high.

Actually he did play it down alot, I guess if you compare it to meth it won't get you high, but it will definetly give you a buzz.

I am a bit disappointed they didn't go into the stigmatisation of people with ADHD. Media attention to incidents like this don't help :(

Actually, I now realise that the experience with ritalin was 25 years ago - probably well before it was prescribed for ADD. Therefore the dosage I took might have been well stronger than a typical ADD pill.

i got add and it does get you high but not like other drugs. it makes me able to study by (at more than prescribed dose) wanting to finish the question/study fully and when you have done it it sort of gives u a rush.
but it deffinatly gets you high just not as much as people without add (im not sure what its ment to feel like)

in my experience, ritalin feels very similar to adderall, speed etc, but its not really a 'high' as are none of those low-grade amphetamines
u will, at a medicinal dose for ADHD, only feel more alert, motivated and awake.......any amount after that will just make u more and more 'awake',ie. at the most talkative and unable to sit still
meth, ice, perhaps even very pure speed will give u the rush of wonderful feelings that are more of a 'high', thats not the effects of ritalin

ritalin is bad.
head fuck you more than any other stimulant from my experience and others and i mean lots of others.
no body likes that shit.
its crap.
and i have adhd.
ritalin = shit house

^^^ i agree. The after effects of ritalin are far worse than on other stimulants8o
very savage if you go too overboard...
having said that, i found the high very longlasting.

DJTiesto: I'd say so, yes. Even small doses (10mg) leave me with a very noticable comedown. I've never pushed it with methylphenidate, as I mostly use stimulants to help me concentrate on work (I am of the opinion that I probably have ADHD). A friend, however, recently took 50mg over the course of several hours and looked in pretty bad shape towards the end of it.

Me and my friends used to do e maybe once every few weeks. We were in love with any kind of speed. My friend faked having add to get a prescription of ritalin. We would snort about 1 or 2 ritalin pills at a time of about 80mg each. I think ritalin can create a very real speedy feeling. One time i took it i had the most amazing buzz it was like a weak e. Now for some people it might not work but to say it doesn't give you a buzz in general is absolutely wrong and if you want proof crush up a pill or two and take a line. Also pils can be as low as 45mg from what ive seen so u might have done a lone of one 45mg pill when others are using higher mg pills

i was an ADHD suffer well my parents thought so any way, i can seriosly tell you ritalin will get u high, ADHD or not

^^ I sure hope you dont mean "ritalin" snowcones .... tho tbh traditional "snowcones" i.e. meth/speed ontop of a weed cone seems a complete waste to me anyhow. I've only tried it a couple times before but ive never recieved anything but slight threshold (possibly placebo) effects from it, with the weed definately being the predominant effect. I think it would be alot more effective to smoke the meth the way its meant to be done i.e. by vapourising it and not applying a flame directly to it. After that u can have as many cones as u want, tho they probably wont be that effective after a nice big toke of some meth.

In regards to those that say ritalin doesnt have recreational value, I strongly disagree. Having been prescribed it in the past, i've experienced the drug many times in varying dosage ranges (from 10mg to 100mg) and there is definately a noticable "buzz" from the substance. In high doses (80-100mg orally) its mainly a strong feeling of contention with everything as well as a deep level of concentration and thoughts seem to flow rapidly. These feelings lasted around 6 hours before the comedown, which was always terrible to say the least (and the main reason i chose to discontinue using ritalin in favour of dex). Still, it definately seemed like a substance that had potential for abuse. Snorting it also produced strong effects for me, but in lower doses (20-40mg) with the effects diminishing much more rapidly than when consumed orally.

i got ritalin off a mate in school(i dont have a.d.d.) and used them to do my hsc as i had to write really long essays in a small amount of time. they worked a treat and i ended up doing really well. We also used to take them at parties and was a very similar expierience to speed.

Last edited:
AS the starter of "davids Dex Rit thread), i have some comment on this. Ritalin taken orally WILL stimulate someone without an ADD?HD disorder, if taken at a high enough dose ok!!

-Crushing and snorting the powder WILL deliver the drug quicker, and /depending on the person, MOST will experience "a buzz"
-The real danderous practice of IVing Methyphenidate/Ritalin, is equal to Cocaine in effects-BUT VERY HEALTH HAZARDOUS!!

I know what what i speak of

peace