Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Is Marijuana Less Harmful than Alcohol?

Skyline_GTR

Bluelight Crew
Is Marijuana Less Harmful than Alcohol?

KTRE-TV
3 March 2006
by Ramonica R. Jones

"It's as dangerous, if not more," said Janet Taylor, executive director for the Chamber Coalition for a Better Community. "It's an illicit drug, it is habit forming, and more kids go into treatment for marijuana than any other illicit drug."

And the effects of marijuana last a lot longer than the effects of alcohol.

"It stays in your system so very long, for several months, so you're under the influence of it even though you may not think you are."

Much of today's marijuana is more powerful than ever and its effects are more intense. Many users believe the drug relaxes them and takes away stress, but they're wrong.

"It doesn't always make them mellow like they think," said Taylor. "It is associated with a lot of violent behavior and it's usually a gateway drug. Once you learn to smoke a cigarette then you can smoke a marijuana cigarette."

Taylor said alcohol is the most commonly used drug in Angelina County, followed by cigarettes, then marijuana.

For more information about the risks of marijuana use and its signs and symptoms, go to www.TheAntiDrug.com or call the National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information (NCADI) at 1-800-788-2800.

For informaiton about a drug treatment center close to you, go to www.findtreatment.samhsa.gov.

http://www.ktre.com/Global/story.asp?S=4576659&nav=2FH5

What a terrible article...

"It stays in your system so very long, for several months, so you're under the influence of it even though you may not think you are."

8( 8)

i can't believe that was printed, sounds like something from the 1930's.

the question: which is more harmful?
no mention of the lack of toxicity of MJ, or the abundance of toxicity with alcy

there was mention of the possibility that it's stronger, what does that have to do with whether it's worse than alc? completely off topic

there is mention of marijuana addiction treatment without mention that it's mandatory

Many users believe the drug relaxes them and takes away stress, but they're wrong.

"you THINK you're relaxed and passive, you LOOK it, but you're ACTUALLY aggressive and violent"

??? wierd

great article

now im not sayin we should do this... but maybe we should kill this taylor character

WAIT! maybe thats the weed talkin?

It's so harmful! It makes you get arrested and put into rehab!

And it makes you so damn violent! Just look at India and Jamaica..!!

Many users believe the drug relaxes them and takes away stress, but they're wrong.

Hahaha! So you light a bowl, smoke it up, but the relaxed and stress free high you feel is just a placebo?

How can these morons possibly beleive the shit they're spouting?

qwesda u got more good shots in than i could even see possible when i read it. another solid piece from the busybody community. Janet could u please go out of your way to ruin people's fun? thx jan. yeah. just like that.

Even my high school counsellor tries this stuff where they lie about the effects and pro's. They must look rediculous even to themselves upon inward reflection.

Wow what an enlightening article! What solid facts backed by thorough scientific investigation!

No comment can sum up the travesty and pure idiocy of this unfounded, bullshit article.

Maybe did you ever think that when given an option for rehab and jail, most people choose rehab. The term "rehabilitation" is not a good vocabulary choice in this case, the phrase "better of the two bad, enforced unecessary treatments" would sum it up a little better.

shoudlnt alcohol or ciggarettes be considered the gateway drugs, seeing as almost everyone does on of those before pot?

The Article said:
"It doesn't always make them mellow like they think," said Taylor. "It is associated with a lot of violent behavior and it's usually a gateway drug. Once you learn to smoke a cigarette then you can smoke a marijuana cigarette."

So...how the FUCK is marijuana a gateway there?? 8(

Skyline_GTR said:
I hate to defend such a horrendous, biased article, but this does ring true when applied to long-term regular smokers with anxiety problems.

i agree marijuana is less harmful... BUT, in America or any other country is it actually more harmful for the simple reason of it being illegal.... We live in a fucked up world...

My dream is one day the Libertarian party takes over this country....

That will never happen due to fucking corporate America though.... BASTARDS

LET US LIVE OUR LIFE HOW WE WANT AS LONG AS WE DONT HURT ANYONE OR ANYTHING ELSE.... DAMN

That's the way America was supposed to be, but it got all fucked up somewhere along the line

I actually wrote a 20 page paper and sent it to a congressman about how alcohol and tobacco are way more harmful than Marijuana... They just put it right in the shredder...

It's just a fucking tragedy how that kind of stuff works...

I spent hours working and researching on it and they just fucking ignore it... I hate this fucking country

human said:
So...how the FUCK is marijuana a gateway there?? 8(

You don't know?

See, there is a drug addiction gene in every person. Smoking marijuana activates this gene and causes your brain to instinctively seek out drugs like cocaine, heroin and methamphetamine.

There is some controversy over how the brain can instinctively seek out synthetic drugs like heroin and methamphetamine that have existed for less than 200 years.

But you have to remember, God designed people that way. And we cannot always understand His ways. But we can be sure He has a purpose for all of us.

davesoviet said:
You don't know?

See, there is a drug addiction gene in every person. Smoking marijuana activates this gene and causes your brain to instinctively seek out drugs like cocaine, heroin and methamphetamine.

There is some controversy over how the brain can instinctively seek out synthetic drugs like heroin and methamphetamine that have existed for less than 200 years.

But you have to remember, God designed people that way. And we cannot always understand His ways. But we can be sure He has a purpose for all of us.
Is that a joke?

^yeah
harryG said:
I actually wrote a 20 page paper and sent it to a congressman about how alcohol and tobacco are way more harmful than Marijuana... They just put it right in the shredder...

It's just a fucking tragedy how that kind of stuff works...

I spent hours working and researching on it and they just fucking ignore it... I hate this fucking country
lol... i hope this one is too

I had to write the paper for a class in college... I got a 99% on it, so i am assuming it was pretty damn good since I am in my masters program...

It's no joke dude... If the goverment doesn't beleive in something, they will ignore anything that has to do with it that doesn't go along with their beliefs. They don't even give it a fucking chance