Votes: 11 19.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

o0psy Daisy

Bluelighter
They're having such a barrage of ads for this movie.... but it does look explicitly bloody, and it is Quentin Tarantino.

I might see it, but it's one of those movies where I'll wait to read the reviews and will be bringing a friend who will let me dig my fingernails into his arm!!

Anyone else interested?

Daisy

I'm morbidly curious about it. I'll want to see it as soon as it comes out, but I'm not sure if I'll like it. I really don't like seeing people getting tortured, but yet, like I said, I'm drawn to it none the less.

to be honest, though, I'm not a tarantino fan.

I don't think it'll be explicitly bloody, since its rated R, not nc-17. I read a lot of the violence is offscreen. Which, done right, can add to the suspense factor.

I myself am a gorefest and a tarantino fan, so this sparked my interest.

I think it's only partially written and produced by tarantino though. Its directed by the guy who did cabin fever, hopfully hostel will be more serious.

this movie caught my interest when i saw the preview for it during another movie... maybe saw 2?

anyway, it's definitely sparked my interest. i definitely like those fucked up movies... and this one sure has that potential. and it's quentin, so that's always promising. i'll wait for some reviews before i go to the theaters myself.

it is by eli roth. the guy who did cabin feaver and that movie made me giggle it was a decent movie. and its backed my tarantino and hes good in my book. seems worth a watch. i coulda swore eli roth did saw but i guess i was mistaken.

I think it will be good. I too am not big on seeing people get tortured but I do like tarentino. So i will be giving it a shot when it comes out.

Looks good but I doubt its as bad as they are making it out to be. Maybe. Ill probably see it.

I normally like movies like this, but for some reason, ick. I won't be watching it.

:X

If this movie doesn't rock, I'll be forced to tear the head off the theater patron in front of me and fuck the corpse's neck-hole really, really hard.

Tarantino is just the executive producer. His involvment in the film was most likely limited to signing a few checks and giving sage-like advice to Roth. I really don't want to see a talented young writer/director like Roth being overlooked just because it's a "Quentin Tarantino Production".

Lingo said:
I really don't want to see a talented young writer/director like Roth being overlooked just because it's a "Quentin Tarantino Production".

Definitely agree.

The movie was whack....it had no plot...tits tits more tits and severed fingers.

Tarantino presents does NOT mean he has anything to do with the making of this film. If you care to know, it said "tarantino presents" on the titles of the american release of Hero with Jet Li as well. Its like featuring some big name dude on your rap cd or something - race 4mo cash

skjalff

Saw this last night.

I could tell it was Eli Roth. It reminded me a lot of cabin fever.
There is something about his movies that makes them kinda hard to take seriously. Maybe its that the gore is just SO far that it leaves little to the imagination. I cant really explain it but it was just the same in cabin fever..I didnt feel AFFECTED by anything in this movie at all. I never once felt emotionally involved or even really cringed at any of the parts. It wasnt as gory as I thought it might be. There WAS gore...but..nothing god awful in my opinion. I am incredibly desensitized and very little gets to me though, so squeamish people might wanna avoid this one.
I was expecting more, but then again I always seem to expect too much. I thought this movie was better than cabin fever, but still not really that good in terms of depth, emotion, and really being drawn into the story. Worth a watch, for horror and gore fans, but nothing spectacular or "shocking" really.

^hmm. sounds worth a go. i wasnt really expectin much emotion wise. not from roth that is. just a tribute to uber creepy japan style horror is all i want to see.

I liked it. I thought the movie had a pretty good plot, the acting was decent, and there were tits tits and gore; that's always a plus in my book.

The doctor guy who kept breathing hard in his mask freaked me out.