Votes: 9 15.8%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters
just got round to watching this and i dont really know what i was expecting but it wasnt what i got!!

gave it 1 star in the poll- thought that the basic premise of the movie was sound but the way it played out was cheesy, predictable and too easy.

will he go back to save the girl when he hears her screaming? oh fuck off.

also i dont see it as a horror film- its too human- yes i guess i might be missing the point there but to me horror is something that i watch and can think "that could/might happen to me" something that makes me not want to go to the bathroom alone in case theres something waiting in there for me :)

I liked this movie. I like horror type movies where you know it could really happen. This is something that could and very well does happen in some places. People paying to torture and kill other humans is the ultimate taboo I suppose. The naked girls throughout the movie served as nice eyecandy as the plot was set up.:)

the gore and the general idea of the movie were awesome, unfortunately.. the movie really failed to truly entertain me.

The characters sucked. They were way to whiney and stupid IMO. And the movie spent far too much time exploring these boring vapid characters rather than the focus of the movie. There's so much they could've done with the Hostel and they just simply failed to.

And that guy saving the asian girl. A girl he barely knew. What the shit was the point of that? It just seemed so typical,yet forced, they had to have some douchebag be a hero to save some helpless female. That whole cliche is just really tired.. and it just irritated me that just rammed it into the film so harshly.

I was really dissapointed with the film. THe idea was awesome, the gore made me cringe, but the story and character development sucked.

psychetool said:
SAW is nothing compared to this,

I disagree, I found Saw to be worse (read: better) in terms of gore and violence etc and I kept trying to compare Hostel to Saw and I couldn't because the horror and violence didn't even come close, it wasn't nearly dark enough and for that reason I would only give the film 3 stars, I enjoyed it but felt it was trying to be much worse than it actually was and from the hype I was expecting it to be worse (better) than Saw but it wasn't. The Saw films are still on top for me, this just wasn't dark and depraived enough although saying that, it was still quite bad (read:good).

Haha %)

DigitalDuality said:
th And the movie spent far too much time exploring these boring vapid characters rather than the focus of the movie. There's so much they could've done with the Hostel and they just simply failed to.

I deffinately agree with that, I think something like the first 30-40 minutes are spent doing pointless character developments where instead they could have gone straight into the film in about 10 minutes and packed much much more into it. The start was good to watch, lots of tits, but pointless and really has no place in a horror film of this kind unless you're going to make it alot longer.

Also, did anyone else notice that the clock at the start of the film ( I think it was shown in the train station or something) was showing 4:40pm and the clock at the end (at the train station) was also showing 4:40pm.

i was really looking forward to this film, but was grossly disappointed by it. the gore was nothing compared to what i was expecting. many other movies are far more gory. i think other movies like 'saw' are more scary because of the psychological affect. i think the idea for this film could have been developed better to make it more effective.

anyway... hostel 2 is in the works. i think i'll catch it on cable.

^^^ i concur with the exception of the saw comments...just as non-scary. disappointed. there is just no atmosphere in these types of modern horror. should have been relentless.

alasdairm said:
for me, perhaps, the most disturbing scene in the movie isn't any of the gore but the american guy in the locker room pumping himself up to go do what he's about to do.

alasdair

i agree, that was my fav scene. the takashi miike cameo was cool also.

nothings disturbs me more than someone who gets disturbed by a story, and is apathetic to reality. this movie had a great little plot, and a few truly memorable scenes... but not much else. i can walk outside and be more disturbed, watching someone throw away a half eaten apple.

alasdairm said:
for me, perhaps, the most disturbing scene in the movie isn't any of the gore but the american guy in the locker room pumping himself up to go do what he's about to do.

alasdair

Hell yeah, that freaked me out. Then to see him blowtorching that girl, obviously he decided how he was gonna make it slow- the thought of him making that decision tripped me out.

Shit movie though really.

I can't believe anyone could have watched it on spychedelics (sic)

You know what would have been wicked? More background on the "Hunters". I think a movie focusing on them should be made

just to let yall know DVD quality workprint release of Hostel 2 is available for your viewing pleasure. =D

^I just watched it. What a fucking let down. It really rather sucks.

Saw this last night on HBO and I liked it ...it kept my interest! Although going back to save that Japanese girl was the dumbest thing ever lol....

This is the WORST film I've EVER seen.

There is no plot.

The characters are flat and static in their best.

The script is written by a 3-year old.

And fuck, did Tarantino run out of drugs or something? The direction plain sucks!

The camera work is annoying. The soundtrack even more.

And its not thrilling or scary the least, which I think was supposed to be the whole point!

What a waste of time. Just goes so far to prove that boobs WILL sell anything.

1/5, and thats only because 0/5 is not an option. I want my wasted time back!