Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 3 [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/pi/16.gif[/img]

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • 4 [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/pi/16.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Lingo

Ex-Bluelighter
MTV's favorite obtuse cartoon character is getting her own feature film. MONSTER star Charlize Theron will play the title role in the live action adaptation of Peter Chung's animated anti-hero tale.

As of now, there is no hint of plot or story, but Frances McDormand is slated to be "the handler"

If nothing else, it will be a chance to see Charlize in skin-tight Aeon Flux style panties

Adios,
Steve

Last edited:
So, who do you think will get the rolel of Trevor Goodchild? Johnny Lee Miller? Johnny Depp? Adrien Brody?

Adios,
Steve

Well...you can't go wrong casting Johnny Depp in anything.

this will be out soon

trailer

I REALLY like the casting choice for Trevor Goodchild. Marton Csokas can play nobility (Elf King in LOTR), an action bad guy (the bourne supremacy) or even a stuck up yuppy (garage days). I reckon he could really pull it off, the main question is can the script do justice.

I'm partly excited but moreso disappointed by the trailer. While it has some cool moments and ideas, it doesn't seem to have the greatest appeals of the cartoon series. The subtlties.
For starters, the exposition voiceover. Hopefully this will be completely absent from the movie because it humanises Aeon far too much and kills much of her mystery. In the cartoon, you generally come in halfway through the mission, not knowing what she's up to or even if she's doing good. The story is also told through gestures, quick exchanges and reactions cleverly animated rather than a plot line. The shot of Aeon receiving her mission is totally out of place, unless of course, that's part of the espionage.
I hope the action is very brief because Aeon isn't about how she kicks the arses of countless minions, but the way the action is told, like through the eyes of a dying soldier or Aeon's first person view scanning of the room (which speak volumes on her train of thought). It's a given that she generally prevails, but the odd accident that kills her.
What I miss most is the psychological banter aeon and/or trevor spew with every line. It's incredibly clever and poetic in the cartoon.
But i HIGHLY doubt the subtlties will be included in the movie. Especially since it stars a recent Oscar winner, making this a mass draw card, the producers will inevitably dumb it down A LOT for the general audience.

It's nice to see the pass a message in a french kiss moment, but where's the from inside the mouth POV??? Or the hidden compartment within a tooth? Or even more importantly, the superdexterous tongues that can open, plant and close said tooth compartment??? With cg these days, it could be pulled off! These things make aeon alot more than a mere action hero.

I really liked the old Liquid Television cartoon on MTV (back in the day when MTV still had the occasional cool program). The trailer, however, looks more like Tomb Raider rather than the dark moody cartoon. Still, I am waiting for some decent reviews and holding out hope that this will end up alright.

december 2nd.
http://www.aeonflux.com/

i can say: hot!

but i do have doubts how it will transfer over from cartoon to big screen movie. maybe be a good movie stand alone but it has standards to hold too in some ways and it may fail in that fact. the look, the feel, the movement of the cartoon could be hard to capture in real life and with real people.

film: aeon flux

poll

(check out the second row of film photos for a hot hot one)

actually, that website, trailer and making of..., all give me hope. :)

this looks pretty good!

LOL. everyone that's voted so far has voted "3"! :D
edit..ok, almost everyone.

disappointed its not animated... i think it will suck, more then likely loses everything that made it good w/o animation.

how can there be votes? The movie aint out yet.

the trailer looks hot, i will be interested to see if charlize theron pulls it off well or sub-par as i fear it will be :\

I would dload this tonight if i had a long wait. Just checked imdb and it's saying Jan 12 for aus. Not too shabby.

I just came back from the theatre. It was good. Don't expect to walk out with an adrenalin erection, it was just good in one of those hypnotic, mellow ways. It also helped that they didn't make it very corny at all. Overall, I would watch it again, it made me feel good, but it was nothing revolutionary. Not that it's a bad thing that a film not be "revolutionary" and "mind-blowing."

After repeated delays, i gave up on waiting for the theatre release here in aus. so fuck it. Watched it on the weekend.

i enjoyed it as a film, but i didn't see either Aeon or Trevor in the film at all. The characters going by these names were dumbed down, emotional shadows of their cartoon selves.

It sort of works as an origin story but the dynamics between trevor and aeon are completely lost in taking this option.

It's got a lot of potential to make fantastic sequels if they'd simply follow the brilliant minimism (if that's a word) of the animated series.