• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Is my arm ever going to heal from IV'ing?

Kandy K

Ex-Bluelighter
My marks seem to be getting worse...puffier...whiter...

buttfuck3tj.jpg

The one on the bottom that's inflamed is the one I'm talking about.

Also, how do you tell if you've collapsed a vein? I IV'ed MDMA 3-4 days ago in my hands, and the area around there is swollen and I can't see my veins there anymore. If I rub my hand the veins appear, but very faintly.

put a heating pad on it for at least 30 min a day, more if possible. i have had a similar looking thing, dr told me not to sweat it, heat it and it went away after like a month.(i cant remember what its called-basically your body responding to foreign object minus infection) if its giving off heat tho, you need to go to the dr.

hands are really easy to fuck up, the veins are smaller and more delicate. try to use smaller needles(like 31g) and make sure you take off the tourney before you hit the plunger.

seriously tho man, from all your posts it seems REALLY clear that you should not be IVing. maybe you can find someone experienced to do it for you? drugs are fun but you only get one body. good luck.

If it seems to be getting worse, it's more than likely some kind of local infection. Try using heat packs on it, but if it doesn't go away or start to get obviously better within a couple of days, you should go see a doctor. Keep a close eye on it, because some local infections can leave nasty scarring if left untreated.

For info on vein collapse and local infections have a read of this -> Preventing unnecessary vein damage

You could also try hot water soaking. Soaking helps draw out the infection. It helps the abscess come to a head and drain.

How do I hot soak?
a. Soak the abscess in a tub of plain hot water. This works well if the abscess is on your hand or lower arm.

b. Better yet, soak it in hot water and Epsom Salts.

c. Make sure the water is hot, but not so hot that it burns your skin

d. Hold a hot, wet wash cloth over the abscess if the abscess is in a spot you can easily put under water.

e. Soak at least three or four times a day, ten to fifteen minutes each time.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Jesse!

the bottom mark looks to be granuloma ... it could be permanent .
if there's heat or pain i'd call it an abscess.

you can usually tell if a vein is collapsed by ... the inability to trace it's path due to the lack of it's subsequent bloodflow.

i hope the MDMA was pure and not tablet reconstituted. i see you are/were injecting high on the arm ... have you identified and used all the main veins? or have you just been injecting into what veins you see?

EsourceR said:
the bottom mark looks to be granuloma ... it could be permanent .

ah yes thats the word i was looking for.

the hells granuloma, and is an abscess something to worry about?

Cutaneous foreign body is a type of "granuloma"

granuloma

Granulomas are benign growths of scar tissue that are associated primarily with subcutaneous injecting or ‘missed hits,’ where the solution has by accident or design ended up in the surrounding tissue. In such cases a residue may stay for many years, eventually leading to granuloma formation.

Many of the common cutting agents for injectable drugs, such as quinine, mannitol, dextrose and lactose, are not thought to cause foreign body granulomas. However the injection of crushed tablets will increase the risk. The principle filler of the tablet is often hydrogenous magnesium silicate, frequently referred to as ‘chalk’ by users.

It should be noted that ‘successful’ intravenous injection of crushed tablets does not remove the risk of granuloma formation. It simply changes the place that they may be found, to the lungs.

source

abscesses characteristics read up on them:

and more great info

what happens if i "surgically" remove this granuloma myself? I'm pretty tweaked, I could do it 8(

it will go away if it's meant to be ... if it is an abscess you are at a great risk of severe infection including blood infection which can result in death. if it's red, hot and you think you have an abscess you need antibiotics. otherwise leave it only... resist the urge to pick or fix.

go play with something else and thank yourself later

youre not a "takes other peoples advice" kinda girl, are you?

how did you accomplish removing most of it?

Oh you know, a needle, the end of a blade, a samurai sword, all the gadgets one who has a "shanking" fetish has

There was a big bump with some liquid inside, I'm not sure if it was oil or what, but now most of it is gone.

i think if you stop doing drugs for a few weeks and get some quality nutrients in, you give your body a chance to start healing itself. wouldn't surprise me if it were to be permanent with the constant strain you're exposing your body to. and this may just be the beginning. aging does take place, you know.

Do you play with your pick holes a lot after you shoot and do you use the alco pad AFTER shooting? I am guessing you are filtering properly and what-not and actually hitting a vein most of the time?

tick said:

seriously tho man, from all your posts it seems REALLY clear that you should not be IVing.

agreed.

K, the mark in question here (which you have cut open?! WTF!) is from meth not from E right?
but you ARE alwso worried about your hand (injection site for the E) right??? jus tryin to clear that up...

you jus like needles too much, i been there... id see a doc though cause i doubt you used a micron filter and shootin an e tab is fucked up...

see the doc, it'll either be nothing or itll save a limb/life
doesnt seem to be a hard desicion to me

crackforkids said:
agreed.

K, the mark in question here (which you have cut open?! WTF!) is from meth not from E right?
but you ARE alwso worried about your hand (injection site for the E) right??? jus tryin to clear that up...

you jus like needles too much, i been there... id see a doc though cause i doubt you used a micron filter and shootin an e tab is fucked up...

see the doc, it'll either be nothing or itll save a limb/life
doesnt seem to be a hard desicion to me

Yea but uhmmm to be fair i was using the same injection site for a while hahahahaha

the stuff on my hand has cleared up, but its still hard to see the veins....more so than before.

yea i cut it open....its mostly gone now too. for an iv user u seem to be afraid of stabbing 8(

If it's a local infection, trying to cut it out yourself will spread the infection (possibly leading to septicaemia) and / or leave bad scarring. If it was just a foreign body granuloma, there's no reason to cut it out at all.

But you seem hell bent on ignoring any advice and carrying on regardless. Why is that?