• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Erowid Reports HIGHLY EXAGGERATED?

center

Ex-Bluelighter
Now, am I the only one who thinks the trip reports section of Erowid is WAYYYYY exaggerated?

For example, a pseudoreport for caffeine:

"As I felt my body being submerged underwater...I took a breath, it was pure energy. I realized that noone on this earth is here for a reason, and we are all blind to the greater power. My heart rate was elevated at this point, which really scared me shitless, but nonetheless, I felt a need to finish the cup. I down the rest at +T1:00, to have the center of my back slide with neon energy, as I viewed my body from above. These revelations have changed my life, and I will never forget that morning"

Of course, thats extreme...but you've all read them. You know what im saying.
Why do people feel the need to lie about having strong experiences on drugs? I have never been that fucked up, and ive sampled many a few chemicals.

Thoughts?

Maybe they really feel that their experiences are as strong as they say they are? Sort of like a placebo effect. All they hype of a drug can get into someone's head and they can truly believe that they are feeling as they describe....

-I am the walrus

well , the day i have one of these out of body experiences i will be sure to document it, but never exaggerate the experience.

Um.. maybe he was just taking the piss?

As far as I know, those reports are not heavily moderated.

That wasn't really the question. The question was if you thought the authors exaggerate based on your experiences and the experiences of your `friends`. Stay on topic please.

Exactly the reason I don't document my trips.. To most they'd probably seem boring and well, a waste of a drug....?

Like a night on E at a rave.. All I do is dance and smile really big... I cant make that into a huge long detailed report... I'd feel like i was making it up..

Last edited:
Not moderated... thats why we come to BL for all drug knowlage that we need. Erowid seems good for basics but past that the reports are um exaggerated?

Thats what im saying, like people saying they have life changing experiences, revelations, etc...from taking E. Please...I mean sure, it lets you see things in a new perspective, and you can relate back to that perspective off of E, but who really lives their life based on the thoughts they've had while faced?

I thought center was saying that most reports on erowid were exagerated. I did not notice he was talkink about things like caffeine so I removed my post.

Last edited:
Im not doubting its possible, with certain chemicals, but people are saying they get psychadelic effects from caffeine (my post was fake, but go look on the erowid reports for caffeine, its called like Psychadelic Java or something)

center said:
Im not doubting its possible, with certain chemicals, but people are saying they get psychadelic effects from caffeine (my post was fake, but go look on the erowid reports for caffeine, its called like Psychadelic Java or something)

I did not notice that you were talking about caffeine.(I am as high as a kite right now :) ) I thought you meant that all of the reports were exagerated. I guess I should have paid more attention to what you posted before I replied.

In the psychedelic caffeine report on erowid the person does say that they had used a lot of psychedelics so they could have got some visuals due to HPPD.

That is just a possibility, it may be an exageration though

There are plenty of other reports that I think are definately bullshit though.

After I abused 5-meo-amt for about six months, taking it 2-3 times a week I started to see visuals while sober. This persisted for about eight months after I quit and when I used opiates or other drugs it would increase the visuals. I do not think caffeine had an effect on them though.

Last edited:
Whatever the case, he may of _not used_ psychadelics. Judging by someone trying to get an acetylcholine rush...must not know much about substances...(caffeine in high amounts in not pleasurable)

Sorry, but I just flashed back to the futurama episode where Fry drinks 100 cups of coffee.

I think a lot of the report are total crap. like all the ones saying how great nuerotun is. please. you can't get high off that stuff. all it does is put you to sleep(i've discussed this matter with a lot of people and i've taken it a few times) i also love the ones where people claim to get high off valerian root and crap(and not thaT high a dose either)

yea thats funny too..."my life changed because of valerian root" etc

Everyone's body is different, is it not? Therefore, such experiences with even the most seemingly benign substances, such as Caffeine, are possibilities . the unique and unexpected nature of such trips may just be what spurred the author to write the report in the first place.

That being established, I have noticed several reports that I would label as obviously fabricated, but I do not believe that the problem is rampant and excessive.
Any further commentary would just be speculative and not worth reading, since I do not and never will know said authors.

Peace
vaya

shercakes said:
I think a lot of the report are total crap. like all the ones saying how great nuerotun is. please. you can't get high off that stuff. all it does is put you to sleep(i've discussed this matter with a lot of people and i've taken it a few times) i also love the ones where people claim to get high off valerian root and crap(and not thaT high a dose either)

I get high off of neurontin and find it quite pleasant. It may not be as good as opiates but I still like it. Maybe most people do not get the effects that I get from it due to difference in body chemistry. That does not mean I am lying when I say I get high from it.

^That's really strange that you get off on neurontin. I still have a whole body of the 300mg pills...i fucking hate that shit.

I know a 9 year old girl, whose mom was a using uppers hardcore while she was pregnant with her. Now even if she eats/drinks ANY product with sugar--even ONE GRAM of sugar, she gets SUPER twacked out crazy style. I made the mistake of giving her a piece of gum with 1g sugar in it, and holy shit, nonstop energy for 3 hours. I've never seen anything like it.