• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: Meet the Barkers

mzlove

Bluelighter
So anyone been watching this episode on MTV? I just saw all of them last night, pretty funny.

Whats up with Travis though, is he high all the time? He has way too much energy or is it that his wife is really lazy?
I really thought she was gonna be stuck up but shes actually really sweet.They're a really cute couple, hope they'll be more seasons to come...

it is alright, for reality tv. there isnt too much to it, though. no big conflict or base to the show
(kind of like newlyweds or something) that i saw... just watch these damn freaks everyone... oh a mohawk! and a little kid with a mohawk! outragous!
and surprisingly my mom doesnt like it, hrm

Blink 182 was my favorite band for years (hell, I still like them but I just don't admit it as much ;) ) and Travis was ALWAYS the quietest band member, so really it was impossible to know anything about his personality or anything. So I like this show because I get to see that side :)

travis needs to stop with the tattoo's.

he definately needs to stop getting them on his neck.

he comes off as being kinda dumb.

his wife is hot.

Originally posted by starlightgemini
Blink 182 was my favorite band for years (hell, I still like them but I just don't admit it as much ;) ) and Travis was ALWAYS the quietest band member, so really it was impossible to know anything about his personality or anything. So I like this show because I get to see that side :)

He's not even the original drummer.

Soooooooo boring... Shoot me, please. I wouldn't watch this if you were paying me $9/hour.

I cant stand this show at all.

and I'm an MTV Reality Show Junky

stinkfoot said:
travis needs to stop with the tattoo's.

he definately needs to stop getting them on his neck.

he comes off as being kinda dumb.

his wife is hot.

no one should ever stop getting tatoo's :p

I can't watch that show for very long. Hearing Travis baby-talk with his wife, calling her "mama," just gets plain revolting. We get it, you are in love. Normal people are not that affectionate 24-7.

This show is about as useless as that one with Dave Navarro and Carmen Elektra.

I'm not sure who is a bigger asshole, Navarro or Barker. Definitely a toss-up.

So the daughter that Shanna has, is she Oscar DeLa Hoyas daughter? I read they were together for a while not sure if he has any kids.

And in the next episode she thinks she might be pregnant....again!

I caught a few minutes the other day and it was almost physically painful. Reality tv at its worst IMO.

mzlove said:
So the daughter that Shanna has, is she Oscar DeLa Hoyas daughter? I read they were together for a while not sure if he has any kids.

And in the next episode she thinks she might be pregnant....again!

From Oscar de la Hoya to Travis Barker? That's some eclectic taste. Whichever kid is a pussy, that's not de la Hoya's kid. That's how you can tell. :)

fruitfly said:
I caught a few minutes the other day and it was almost physically painful. Reality tv at its worst IMO.

It just makes you think that they are running out of ideas. I mean, the drummer from Blink 182? Couldn't they find ANYONE else that was willing to do this kind of show? Hopefully it means the reign of shitty reality based television is coming to an end. But I fear that is just wishful thinking on my part.

^One can hope. Although I've been hoping for years now. There are apparently enough people who like this trash to cause the networks to keep pumping out this sort of thing. I imagine low production costs and large profits aren't helping the situation at all.

Benefit said:
It just makes you think that they are running out of ideas. I mean, the drummer from Blink 182? Couldn't they find ANYONE else that was willing to do this kind of show? Hopefully it means the reign of shitty reality based television is coming to an end. But I fear that is just wishful thinking on my part.

They have a reality show about FLAVOR FLAV AND HIS WIFE! Travis Barker is a goddamn A-list celebrity compared to that! =D

I love this show, mainly because I am in love with Shanna. Shes where its at. Travis is cool too. They have the life I dream about...a big nice house, beautiful children, money, love.

*sigh*

fruitfly said:

Hmm..just differs from person to person.

People either love this kind of program or hate it, it seems.

I definately enjoy reality tv.

Finder said:
^One can hope. Although I've been hoping for years now. There are apparently enough people who like this trash to cause the networks to keep pumping out this sort of thing. I imagine low production costs and large profits aren't helping the situation at all.

Theres definately enough people. Lucky us huh? ;)
Why hope it goes away? I mean just dont watch it and
leave it for the people who like it to enjoy.