• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Stopping the roll... [how to?]

Valium

Bluelighter
I am wondering, if an MDMA trip goes bad, and one feels very uncomfortable and 'wants out', is there anything that would end the trip? For instance an antipsychotic like zyprexa or seroquel? Would that class of medications end the trip?

PS. On the sidenote - is there any sort of interaction between Neurontin and MDMA?

If you really feel you have to, SSRIs can often do the job, SNRIs work good to. Antipsychotics may help to a degree, but more because of their antihistamine-sedative effects.

Interaction between neurontin and MDMA? Not like a negative, might kill you one, but a, this would probably make you feel very weird kinda one.

I just have a couple drinks if I want it to stop. Although I'm not sure, from a harm reduction perspective, how good an idea that is. Mods?

A low dose of a SSRs will certainly do it. I've done it once or twice. You can feel yourself sobering up verrry quickly.

Benzos might be a good choice. Relaxing, and sedating, though they don't actually antagonise the effect of the pill directly...

huntmich said:
I just have a couple drinks if I want it to stop. Although I'm not sure, from a harm reduction perspective, how good an idea that is. Mods?

This is just off the top of my head, but I thought alcohol inhibits the enzymes that break up MDMA from working, so in effect you are 'up' for longer?

This is just off the top of my head, but I thought alcohol inhibits the enzymes that break up MDMA from working, so in effect you are 'up' for longer?
There may be an element of truth in this (alcohol+MDMA leads to higher blood levels of MDMA than MDMA alone), however I don't think it will have much of an effect if you have the alcohol after the MDMA.

Wow, I guess I really am alone on this one. If I have from 4-6 drinks, I find myself more drunk than rolling, and I can sleep/ignore the roll if I want to.

As for alchohol and E it makes higher if I drink a beer or two before I roll. As for cutting off your roll, I say go with the SSRI's instead of antipsychotics.

If you're trying to "kill" your roll, a phone call from your mother will usually work wonders. It's amazing how quickly you can become straight... Or at least believe you are.

But if you're trying to "kill" a "bad" roll, then I'd recommend getting out into some fresh air, breathe through your nose, and try to calm down & relax. It may not "kill" your roll completely, but may let you get back to reality... I try to avoid the "fixing drugs with drugs" methods.

Meditation and counting backwards from ten while visualizing the numbers and blocking out all other thought works wonders for any troubling experience.

-I am the walrus

Don't know how safe it really is, but doing a few lines of coke always kills whatever i'm on. Althouyhgh doing this isnt going to get you to ed any earlier. Just make you stop rolling.