Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MDMA lab busted on the Gold Coast

rm1x

Ex-Bluelighter
Welp, this seems to blow the whole import thing out of the water.
They found a large container of 'pure ecstasy oil' and a shitload of pills.

The GC police said it's the first lab of this type to be found in the country, and it changes their view of MDMA being an imported substance.

Only saw this just then on channel TEN news, will add more info when I find it.

Qld police seize drugs, cash

Queensland police say they have smashed a major drug ring after raids at several Gold Coast properties this afternoon.
Police seized a large quantity of ecstasy powder and speed, as well as tens of thousands of dollars in cash.
Eight people, including some from interstate and overseas, are assisting police with their inquires.
Acting Superintendent Gordon Thompson says the drugs would have fetched hundreds of thousands of dollars on the street.
"It is still in powder form, but it is somewhere in the region of one and a half kilos of ecstasy powder at this stage," he said.
"The chemists are still processing the laboratory and production method and we think it's going to be substantially more than 1.5 kilos."

taken from here

Interestingly News.com.au report it as the states biggest ever ecstasy seizure with 20 litres of liquid ecstasy:

Polce grab huge ecstasy haul
March 30, 2005

QUEENSLAND Police have made what appears to be the state's biggest ever ecstasy haul after raids on properties across the Gold Coast.

Ppolice had uncovering 1.5kg of pure ecstasy, 20 litres of liquid ecstasy, cannabis, speed, drug utensils, and more than $35,000 in cash after searching properties at Advancetown, Southport and Ashmore, Detective Inspector Gordon Thomson said.
The raids were the result of Operation Delta Enigma and would have a significant impact on ecstasy distribution on the Gold Coast, he said.

Liquid Ecstasy? As in GHB?

hehehe

Obviously meaning a pure form OF MDMA

I wouldn't give it long till its circulating around the GC or even NSW

Just what is liquid e? Do they mean it was mdma in a suspension of impurities (maybe from some stage throughout the synthesis?) Or maybe it was safrole oil and the media decided to put a spin on what they heard? I'd be interested to know the facts and not the usual newspaper bullshit...

i've had friends use "liquid e" adding a drop to a drink of juice etc, i'm yet to know what it actually is, the problem from what i've seen is, its really unstable! some people can have a drop and get fucked over like vomiting, floored, just not having a good time, others could take three drops and feel a mellow high - like i said i'm not sure it just seems to be far more unstable so i'd steer clear. you don't know how much of everything is in the quantity or the quality when the form looks identical and it doesnt come in batches like pills so yeah, less safe and pills are far more consistent from what i've seen.

my 2c

Dazza I suspect what your friends are taking and referring to as liquid E is GHB. I have heard this slang used before.

What the media is probably talking about in this case is a chemical at some point in the MDMA production process.

But who knows....

oh - thanks for that i'll go read some info on 'GHB' and see if what i've seen correlate ta :)

I doubt that it was MDMA at all.... MOre likely to be a amphetamine mixture of some sort.... could be wrong, but I would say that very few of us have ever had pure MDMA.

and I would think that any "liquid e" going around is more likely GBH, Phantasy, etc., etc...

my 2c's

:\

Just to clarify:

I always thought that the majority of pills going around were either cokey or smacky, and were just mixes of these drugs with meth of some sort...

I could be wrong, but the only pill I even had that reminded me even a little of what is described in Europe were the white doves (flying) that were around in '97/98....

ah its a good thing u have coem to bluelight, u will b set straight. dont go around referring to pills as cokey or smacky coz ur sure to get flamed.

no pills contain cocaine or heroin (smack) because these cost alot more that ecstacy (MDMA). all pills in theory are supposed to contain MDMA and if u look around this site for 2 mintues ull find heaps of info about it, so read up. there is a chance of getting dxm, ketamine, or methamphetamine n ur pills which is why you should buy a tester from http://www.enlighten-hr.org/testingkits.php

Umm.... I still think I could be right. As I said, they are mixed with an amphetamine of some kind, that being the main ingredient in fact. The K, coke, smack, acid, etc., etc., that is mixed with it is in fairly minor amounts, so cost would def. not be an issue....

This may have changed in the past few years (had some pills at x-mas, but haven't been gobbling regular for a long time..), but when we made capsules or pills in the mid to late 90's, they were mixtures of a heap of crap, and the effect was about the same as the pills I have had recently...

Anyway, getting flamed can't be that bad,, now, can it????

;) ;) ;)

nomad sorry but your going to get a large amount of people disagreeing with you.

No pills have cocaine or heroin added for production costs - yes if they 'did' use it it would be in minor amounts but this is also another setback to the myth as minor amounts of these substances are unsubstantial to giving the user an effect. think how large your average pill is and imagine a line of cocaine. (get the picture) or not that i have ever gone near heroin imagine how much ml is in a standard syringe of the stuff - thats alot of substance for a kick.

as said before pills do contain a variety of substances but they will not contain cocaine or heroin, you can be almost 100% certain of that fact.

If the pills contain ecstasy-like chemicals (MDMA/MDA etc) there's less likelihood there will be other drugs contained. If there's no MDMA in the pill (we used to call them 'speedbombs' just to differentiate from 'ecstasy' as the name of MDMA), there could be ANYTHING in it, but mostly in Australia it would be fair to say the main adulterants would be methamphetamine, ketamine, and caffeine. The chance of finding a speedbomb containing an active amount of heroin or cocaine is negligibly small. A reagent test will usually show up non-ecstasy like chemicals (adulterants) quite clearly apart from MDMA, so you can be assured that if you put a bit of effort into testing your pills effectively you can dramatically reduce the likelihood that the pills you eat will contain anything but the desired drug.

BigTrancer :)

Further reading on this topic here.
Pill testers from Enlighten here.

The liquid E referred to was in all likelihood freebase MDMA which had yet to be gassed/ acidified to produce the powder (HCl salt)

Unless it was said GBL or 1,4B or another G chemical was found, I'd bet the liquid was as I described above

Like ld50 vs SSRI said, another drop in the ocean. Who says these blokes aren't selling to a shit pill presser...say with around 50mg MDMA ?? Who really knows...

The goldcoast does get some really shit pills with low MDMA content.

Imports will always outweigh the local made pills/mdma.

Nomad1976, you have been listening to too much street talk...like my brother really, he was a pill popper back in the 90s and he thinks nowadays pills only have like 5-10mg of MDMA...haha. I say that wouldn't even tickle my cat.

btw...

Heroin comes up Pink --> Purple on Marquis so don't use that as an argument regarding testing kits & adulterants.

That reaction can easily be masked by a Purple --> Black reaction from MDxA.

One would need the Mecke reagent to clarify.

Or even a GCMS

Maybe when some more details come to light about what the substance actually was it will be worth discussing in depth...

BigTrancer :)

It would be MDMA oil (freebase) which is then gassed to form MDMA hydrochloride

Ahh well. Silly to get caught!