Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: [Herald Sun] 26/03/05 - ' TV star caught in drug raid'

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
Hmm... I love the smell of scandal in the morning.

TV star caught in drug raid
Mark Buttler
chief police reporter
26 Mar 2005

ONE of the biggest names in Australian television has become entangled in a police drug swoop on a swank Melbourne apartment.

The actor - a favourite of thousands of Australians - is believed to have been trying to buy drugs when he arrived at the apartment where police seized amphetamines, steroids, $22,000 cash and a loaded pistol.

The Herald Sun believes the actor turned up at the Docklands apartment and buzzed the intercom on Thursday afternoon not knowing a police operation was in progress upstairs.

The police opened the downstairs door and told the Melbourne-based actor, a familiar face on television for two decades, to head up to the apartment.

A plainclothes officer answered the front door and let him in.

It is believed the actor, unaware the householder was under arrest, then indicated he was visiting to buy drugs.

The actor was embarrassed soon after to find those in the room, apart from the occupant of the apartment, were police.

The performer was allowed to leave and is not expected to be charged.

The actor told the Herald Sun yesterday he knew nothing about the matter. "I don't know anything about that, nothing at all," he said.

Police have charged a man who lives at the apartment with possessing and trafficking amphetamines and possession of steroids.

He also faces a firearms charge after a loaded .22 calibre pistol was uncovered, along with $22,000 cash.

Police found 56g of amphetamines and drug testing and weighing equipment during the raid.

The charged man, 29, has been remanded to appear before Melbourne Magistrates' Court on Tuesday.

Another man, 24, was also arrested after a struggle when he arrived at the apartment.

He is expected to be charged on summons with possessing the proceeds of crime, assaulting police and resisting arrest.

From Herald Sun, also posted on News.com.au.

Awesome! While the newspapers probably can't name him because of libel laws and the fact he hasn't been charged (lucky bastard), it doesn't stop us from speculating about who it is.

I get first guess too!!!

MOLLY!!!! =D

Why the fuck did they let him go??? Just because he's famous shouldn't mean he's above the law :x

I reckon Molly is a good guess... 20 years on the box, eh? What about Bert Newton? That would be awesome

Nah Molly and Bert have both been on for at least three decades now.

Eddie.........lol.........that would explain the getting off.

I vote for Bert.

Bert has admitted to taking drugs on his show before and he's the kind of guy the cops would let off.

Can't be Bert - he's in Brisbane at the moment with a show. Wouldn't call Molly an actor, but we all know he's drugfucked. I'll go Harold I think ;)

Seriously though, if they got off just becasue they're famous I'll be seriously pissed off!

I saw Wil Anderson a week ago for his kil wil stand-up show. I know he's not technically an actor but I'd bet my left arm he has a dyson "cyclone" nose. Not only was his show hilarious but so was his manner, talking so fast you wouldn't belive, fidgeting, forgetting what he was saying (not that often though), a few times he'd pick up his water bottle and put it up to his mouth only to start talking before he drank anything, he'd do that a few times then put the bottle back down without drinking anything.
It doesn't sound as funny in writing but, well, you had to be there.

I'll bet he was stocking up for his next show.

Can't believe the celeb said he was there for drugs and got away. The person arrested probably said the exact same thing then had cops jumping on him.

Originally posted by Psychadelic_Paisly
Why the fuck did they let him go??? Just because he's famous shouldn't mean he's above the law :x

The performer was allowed to leave and is not expected to be charged.

What a great world we live in, this is un-fucking-believable. No wait, maybe it is so believable which makes me so angry :X The system is fucked, tear it down!

I don't think its that unbelievable, he hadn't actually bought any drugs, so the intended purchase is really a very minor charge. The cops would have got what they wanted when he stated he was going to buy drugs off the guy with the gun.

My bet its one of those people who have those stupid renovation shows - they look like they are on speed, or maybe andrew gee...

I'm waiting for the day when the footage from street corner cameras becomes available to the public - AS IT SHOULD. That'll clean up the place, and surely even out the law between "Well to do" and "Do them Well" classes of society.

Status
Not open for further replies.