• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Mythbusters

frizzantik

Bluelight Crew
Man i love this show! every time Buster takes even the smallest dive i can't help but laugh. =D

I think one of the coolest myths was the elevator drop, but anytime they get to blow something up it's a good show

Hell yeah, one of my favorite shows on TV now. My DVR is full of them.

A couple of my favorite episodes are when they investigated whether someone could throw a playing card so fast it could be lethal. And the story of a girl who microwaved a giant jaw breaker and got burnt by hot fluid when she bit into it. (true)

I'm sure I'll think up more later, so I'll probably post again.

I absolutely love this show, and it's my current favorite. Think "Bill Nye the Science Guy" meets "Monster Garage." It's such a guy thing. :)

The favorite episode I've never seen is the one with the rocket strapped to the car. The coolest ones I've actually seen are the one with the rocket chair, and another with an exploding wooden cannon. I'm all about the pyrotechnics, y0!

Belisarius said:
I absolutely love this show, and it's my current favorite. Think "Bill Nye the Science Guy" meets "Monster Garage." It's such a guy thing. :)

The favorite episode I've never seen is the one with the rocket strapped to the car. The coolest ones I've actually seen are the one with the rocket chair, and another with an exploding wooden cannon. I'm all about the pyrotechnics, y0!

monster garage is pretty cool too =D if you're looking for old episodes theyre pretty easy to find if you use bittorrent. the digitaldistractions rips have been the highest quality imo, though they're released a few weeks behind schedule. :( digitaldistractions does monster garage too

i was just looking at the episode list at tvtome and the boom lift catapult was nuts.. that thing was going hella fast, and Buster ate pavement hardcore

when they got an angle grinder and hooked it upto a CD-ROM device and made it spin at 52,000x and parts of the disc (after a bit of microwaving) shot out and into the fake human they made!

one of my most favourite shows :)

I love the show too :)

I miss it though!! I haven't had cable in MONTHS. Hopefully I will be getting DirecTV soon so I won't have to miss it any more!

I like the show except even though they say "don't do this at home", some of the kids I work with are dumbasses who just have to try it. Like putting a fork in the microwave and then grabbing it after and burning himself like the dumbass on tv.

the one where they made a nail gun fire pennies, then he goes "okay, shoot me in the arse" and fired the penny at his arse at about 100mph

are these 2 gay? yeh awesome idea for a show! would be good to have there skills!!

they have apparantly been in the special effects business for 20 or 30 years, they have so much stuff and the "human like" bodies they make are amazing!

The poppy seed myth episode came in handy

After drug test at work, result coming back positive to opium
"I swear boss.. i ate a whole poppy seed cake last night, honest"

yeah the poppy seed one was interesting; i was suprised how quickly they turned up positive

Yeah great show gotta love those guys they really get into it.

Question for anyone who watches it in the USA down here in Australia there's a whiny Aussie who does a voiceover all the way through the show it totally pisses me off. I just want to know has he been added in by some Australian TV company or is he part of the original?

I want to write a bitchy complaint letter but need to be sure first.

Help me bust this Myth!

i think i love the redhead female. i believe her name is keri.

carry on.

yeah its a great show. one of the best things to come from the US of A resently. I just cant work out which one is the sidekick.

This is the greatest show on the discovery channel. My favorite thing is at the very beggining of eash ep they have Jamie and Adam saying "don't try this at home, we're proffesionals" and then cuts right into a very singed Adam checking to see if he still has eyebrows. Every time I hear them talk about being experts or something I'm reminded of the hovercraft episode where Adam got his lip sucked into a vacuum cleaner fan, you could still see the cut on his lip in the next episode

MaDMAn_Project said:
Question for anyone who watches it in the USA down here in Australia there's a whiny Aussie who does a voiceover all the way through the show it totally pisses me off. I just want to know has he been added in by some Australian TV company or is he part of the original?

I want to write a bitchy complaint letter but need to be sure first.

Help me bust this Myth!

haha apparently there is an American version and an international version of the show; the Australian announces for everywhere but the US and Canada i believe. i've heard him on a few eps i've downloaded and I prefer the american announcer myself.

I love this show, and yeah the announcer in Australia is fucking annoying. The wooden cannon episode, the exploding toilet, the exploding cookie dough and the magic bullet episodes are my favourites. Haven't seen a new episode for ages.

Did anyone see the test whether a person gets wetter walking through the rain using an umbrella or running? =D

yeah, but it was on whether or not running through the rain, made you more or less wet than walking, had nothing to do with an umbrella. It turned out you get wetter running. Also I just saw the episode where they recreate the ecape from alcatraz and the succed, it was wicked.