Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Popular Myth Dispelling thread

XSI11V

Bluelighter
O.K. we all hate the media spreading misinformation right??? So the point of this thread is weed out all those popular myths so hopefully we'll encounter them in other threads as little as possible... it's bad enough reading them in the shitey newspapers let alone seeing bluelighters preach them!
I'm just goin to get the ball rolling.... you guys add whatever you can and/or discuss and make corrections to what others have come up with.
~Firstly the all-time fav:
There is almost never Herion in pills. It is not orally active in such amounts, and is not economically viable for the chemist.
~And secondly in defence of my beloved special friend:
Ketamine is not just a horse tranquilizer....it's used as a dissociative anaesthetic for humans.
------------------
~sleep is for the week~

Does MDMA reduce spinal fluid levels?
No, nothing can drain your spinal fluid except a needle inserted into your back. It is possible this rumour eventuated from MDMA research during the 1980’s where researchers were withdrawing samples of spinal fluid looking for abnormalities. It is the MDMA spinal tap research, not the MDMA that drains spinal fluid.
Does MDMA cause Parkinson's disease?
No, MDMA does not cause Parkinson's disease. This rumour is attributed due to confusion between MDMA and MPTP. MPTP is a contaminant that can result from the incorrect manufacture of a synthetic opiate and does cause Parkinsonism.
I there heroin and cocaine in pills?
The purpose of using adulterants rather than MDMA is to reduce costs. Heroin and cocaine are much more expensive than MDMA in chemical form, so cheaper alternatives are used such as PMA, DXM, DOM, 4-MTA (flatliner), PCP, ketamine, 2CB, methamphetamine (speed), ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, caffeine, and others. Both heroin and cocaine are not orally active in the amounts that could fit into a pill, which is why these drugs are administered in other ways, but never taken orally. MDEA, an analogue of MDMA is often responsible for reportedly ‘smacky’ feelings that some users attribute to heroin. Users may also be overcome by the feelings of real MDMA and may relate this to a ‘smacky’ experience.
The larger the pill the stronger it is.
The amount of MDMA contained within pills is very small compared to the actual size of the pill. A large pill will have more binding agent in it, which is used to hold the MDMA together in a pill form, and is no reflection on how much MDMA (thus strength) is in the pill. It is possible a small pill could contain much more MDMA than in a large pill, the size of the pill is simply a marketing tool.
ill add other things when i can be bothered writing them up
wink.gif

------------------
www.enlighten-hr.org - Enlighten Harm Reduction.

ooohh all the acid ones:
Anything to do with acid staying in your body, especially your spinal cord.
And all that about reliving your trips if you break your back.
x number of trips will send you insane
staring at the sun on acid will make you blind.

Umm... staring at the sun WILL make you go blind whether you're on acid or not.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

Funny funny even funnier...
Here we go lets make some more enemies lol...
xsi11v...no body yes EVEN U knows what people put in pills.Yes when there smacky its mdma smacky but unless the ez tester can indicate heroin you can not speak on behalf of every presser/cook/ratio maker.Heroin in bulk is probably the cheapest drug to get a hold of there for could be very viable for any prik to bulk up pills .As for taking herion orally have you ever done this and what amount did you consume?I myself would never intentionally consume harry there for i wont argue the point that harry wouldnt hit you when taken orally.(me thinks it would!)
As for cowboy mac ....ummmm there has been a lot of reading material on the spinal fluid issue and if it came down to scientists reports on the researching of this and your word for it sorry bud id take the scientists/doctors side anyday bud...ever taken an mdxa pill not danced yet you back is sore the next day...i know me and lots of friends have...ever thought mmm maybe there right?And when you make a bozo comment like that dude how about backing it up with some real facts?e.g your medical background for starters?Maybe your an undercover einstein then im sorry.As for coke in pills if i was rich (and there are rich people out there) and had access to any drug to make a pill i would definately try throwing a bit of coke in and see what its like...so im sure others have too...maybe not so often but its bound to have been done..Dont forget in columbia coke is dirt cheap (about $10US) a gram...so dude when you think about it...its not that expensive to throw coke in to bulk up any mdxa substance now is it?Especially as mdxa in sth america would be so much more expensive!
Hey Trancer Wanking will make you go blind...
by the way i will try and locate the reading material i acessed on the net about the spinal fluid and people can make up there own minds
wink.gif

dont take it personal guys i am just a bitch and these are my opinions...shoot me down at will...

I understand everyone is entitled to an opinion, but bitch1 do you always have to be the devil's advocate?
Your theorys are absolutely bollocks.
Firstly, your argument for having heroin in pills is valid, i'll give you that, but think of the logistics.
Cheap smack into pills, sell for what $16 a pop in bulk?
Smack sold as smack on the street... about four to five times more money to be made.
Also, correct me if i'm wrong, but the orally active dose of heroin needed to be "smacked out" is several times larger than a pill (in the vicinity of 5-10 times larger). Therefore to be "smacked out" (ugh i hate that saying), you would have to eat at least 6 pills of all heroin assuming none is binder, which is economically and logistically absolutely fucking stupid.
As for your medical reports, etc you remember reading... well, lets have them, i'm sure you could find several reports posted on BL discounting the back/spinal injury claims.
The sore back could be related to effects of the MDxx on your muscles, as it tightens them, and your body operates differently. I'm sure even just standing around in a club (with no dancing), and being awake until lunchtime the next day would go some way to giving you a sore back.
"And when you make a bozo comment like that dude how about backing it up with some real facts?e.g your medical background for starters?Maybe your an undercover einstein then im sorry."
Do as i say, but not as i do hey? hypocracy is a bad character flaw.
Coke in pills in columbia? Maybe in some wacked out reality this could happen. But you know what, columbia isn't a manufacturer of ecstacy pills, and you know what else? coke sold as coke would reward them 10x more. Maybe once as a trial, but dont expect every fifth pill to have coke in it, because some "rich columbian" wanted to try that combo.
But who knows, i heard those HQs were full of heroin and coke.
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

word.
L

acid will burn a hole in your brain.
acid has arsenic in it.
acid isnt really acid.
acid makes your spine bleed.
acid is bad for u.

*loads his pistol*
You guys know about the FAQ forum right?
...here's the link just incase: Frequently Asked Questions
here's some more for you bitch1...
Check out this FAQ: FAQ: The Bullshit Myth About Heroin and Coke in E and check out some of the links listed there...
Here's a snippet from an article written by Nicholas Saunders:
Every day the police confiscate suspect drugs which are sent to a
forensic laboratory at Aldermaston specially equipped to detect drugs,
and they have never come across drugs sold as Ecstasy containing heroin.
People taken to hospital with possible drug problems have samples of
their blood sent to the National Poisons Unit which has special equipment
to detect drugs: heroin has not been found in the blood of patients
reported to have taken only Ecstasy
No heroin found in quite a few tests... And that said by Nicholas Saunders, someone who's testimony not many people could refute...
And why didn't any heroin come up in the tests? ...because as has been pointed out many times, its just not worth it...
On the point of coke in pills, forget about cost for a minute since it can be so easily and cheaply bought in columbia, if you've ever had coke you know what it does to your mouth... Even a small amount in a pill would make your mouth numb and quite a lot of people chew their pills so they would notice straight away if there was coke in it... Secondly the effects of coke aren't all that long lived so even if it were orally active, people would start getting suspicious when the peak (which is nothing like a mdma peak) wore off after 1 hr or so...
Now before people get off the track and continue this useless arguement about whether or not herion or coke is put in pills or not, remember where the stupid rumour started...
Media hype about the dangers of pills... Very recently Les Twentyman, a well known youth worker, told Gary Ablett that the pills his now deceased female friend took were laced with heroin... This is without any evidence of tests of the pills and after it had been said that it was unknown what kind of pills they were, other than that they were green... Its bullshit media hype like this that lead to the rumour of heroin in pills, and the subsequent use of the term 'smacky' by many people taking pills...
And on that point, anyone using the term 'smacky' is aiding the media in their brainwashing... I havn't personally had heroin, but I've spoken to people who have had both heroin and mdma and the feelings are quite different...
Ok, now for some other myths:
You can judge the contents of a pill by its colour/size/shape/texture/logo/etc
Nothing short of a lab test can tell you whats inside a pill. Not even the ez-testers are a complete indication... If the ez-test shows a strong reaction to an mdma-like substance, it still doesn't mean some small quantity of some kind of adulterant isn't present. However if there is a strong reaction to an mdma-like substance it is extremely unlikely that the presser would have bothered to add any adulterants because they have access to the desired ingredient...
[This message has been edited by Tarsarlan (edited 03 April 2001).]

bitch1: That post comes close to the most ignorant of the year. Fuck you amaze me.
Mac got that info out of a pamphlet the WE (Enlighten) give out at parties, compiled using medical research found all over the web and in books.
Why is your back sore in the morning? Maybe cos u fucking danced all bloody night?? Because your body is not used to the abuse you chuck at it on ecstasy???
Go to www.enlighten.hr.org and find out about it you idiot.
And one more thing that REALLY shits me and makes your case about 110% LESS valid.
There are 3 "theres"
grade 3 English. You ready?
"There" eg: Look over there.
"Their" eg: That is their house.
"They're" eg: Look, they're sharing that icy-pole.
Basic English for fucks sake. Next lesson kids... the "yours".
GRRRRRRRR

bitch1: i am an undercover einstein. and your calling me a bozo? making bozo comments? this will make you look like a fucking fool. there is absolutley no way to drain your spinal fluid except for sticking a needle in your back. the reason you have a sore back in the morning is because you exercise all night without warming up and warming down, including stretches. that information is from the enlighten pamphlet i wrote. the information there took me days of researching and rewriting so dont start telling me im wrong. do your own research and learn yourself.
here is erowid backing me up.
Rumor #1: MDMA drains your spinal fluid, ruins your back, etc.
Untrue. This urban legend apparently started because some pharmacological studies are done by giving subjects MDMA, then withdrawing cerebrospinal fluid samples for analysis via spinal tap. It is "MDMA research", not "MDMA" that may drain your spinal fluid!
here is Dr. Holland a top research scientist on mdma backing me up, on MAPS site.
Ecstasy drains your spinal fluid. This one always kind of tickles me. Nothing can drain your spinal fluid but a needle inserted into your back. Unfortunately, this is exactly what happened to MDMA users in the 1980's, because MDMA researchers were examining samples of spinal fluid looking for abnormalities. I think this is how the rumor got generated. The drug itself will not drain your spinal fluid, nor will it cause Parkinson's Disease, and I am asked this all the time. There is a drug called MPTP, which causes Parkinsonism. In 1985, this phenomenon was hitting the media, with scary pictures of heroin users who had mistakenly injected MPTP and were frozen stiff or shaking, and it made a big impact on television shows, and it was the exact same time as the first big media wave about MDMA, and people got confused.
really you should know this kinda crap by now.
------------------
www.enlighten-hr.org - Enlighten Harm Reduction.
[This message has been edited by Cowboy Mac (edited 03 April 2001).]

whooooa Mr speed..
Theorys are just that... theorys dont knock em... Im not saying that what i said was right?I was saying (in case you missed the key points!)
a)heroin can easily be thrown in pills
b)so can coke
c)spinal fluids "could" be drained from mdma.
Mr tarslan i believe too it would be stupid and a useless idea to throw in either...but if i had a press and some coke and som harry and pressed 1 tablet then you couldnt say NOBODY does...and im sure some have...that was my point.Better to say its rare.And supaspeed stop being a dick...i didnt make a bozo comment... Mr Mac said NO MDMA DOSNT drain spinal fluid...all i said was maybe it could...i didnt say YES or NO so therefor i dont need to provide any proof..if i make a bold statment i will have evidence to back it up..so SuperSpeed STUPIDITY is also a character flaw...next time read b4 you jump down sombodys throat.and last of all Tarslan you are absolutely right nobody knows what in pills only fully blown lab tests that too was a point...
sorry for rubbing you guys up the wrong way...but they where only opinions...stay open minded as i do...

how stupid can one person possibly be??
have you ever read anything on this site?
did you bother to read everyone elsesposts?
everyone else endured your shite, so why dont you have the decency to return the favour?
idiots like you keep this shit alive

Bitch1 - congratulations, you are THE most solid proof that I have ever encountered, drugs are dangerous.

something that really shits me:
"those e's were fuckin choice man. i danced for like 10 hours straight.. couldn't stop chewing all night" or
"really dancey, chargey pills are the real shit man"
arrrgghh E doesnt make you dance all night, and especially chew all night. have some whizz for fucks sake. cant these people stop creating demand for shit pills?

"Also, correct me if i'm wrong, but the orally active dose of heroin needed to be "smacked out" is several
times larger than a pill (in the vicinity of 5-10 times larger)"
The active oral dose for someone without an opiate tolerance is around 80mg. If i had the search function I'd pull up that heroin thread i posted a while back. The basic gist of it was not as impossible as most people will make you think, but still very unlikely. Coke was found in a pill aswell, that little scorpion pill tested by dancesafe with 22mg of coke in it.
I've read documentation in a harm minimisation booklet about a some pills they tested that had all sorts of crap in it. Valium, speed, mdma, ketamine, meth.

I really haven't got the time to reply to this but I have to.
Bitch1, you really show little respect to Bluelight as a whole when you come here and flame some of the most highly regarded contibuters.
You said:
Heroin in bulk is probably the cheapest drug to get a hold of
What the fuck are you basing this on? I recently read an article where an anonymous Triad member from Asia was interviewed (I haven't any time to find the link) and he said that they have just recently reduced the price of manufacturing pills to $1 per pill. Are you saying that pills containing Heroin would be cheaper than this?
As for coke in pills if i was rich (and there are rich people out there) and had access to any drug to make a pill i would definately try throwing a bit of coke in and see what its like..
Have you even taken coke orally? It does jack shit! I'm sure these 'rich people' would try swallowing a little first instead of making an entire batch.
You also seem to have such an excellent grasp of the english language. Do you even know what 'opinion' means? Your first post is just full of outlandish, unsubstantiated drivel. But, as they say, The empty can rattles the most
------------------
Is Don, Is Good
[This message has been edited by Don Corleone (edited 03 April 2001).]

Ermmm ok guyz...i think Bitch1 gets the general idea and whoever eles is reading this thread.
But perhaps we cld set this thread onto its original thread and not turn this into a flame war or bitch (no pun intended) thread?
we wldn't want ppl to think that BLighters are all a bunch of bitchy anal uptight narrow minded arseholes right?
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

So to set this back on track
YES, usage/abuse/however u wanna call it of Ketamine did orginate from the gay community as well as a whole other shitload of stuff.

Bitch1: How the hell do you think rumours get started? How do you think they continue to spread?
If you replace the word 'theory' in your last post with 'rumour' you may see more clearly what you are doing.
And people do choose to stay open minded. But these 'rumours' have been proven incorrect and it is better for them to end here than continue on. Stay open minded on issues that have two sides to it, such as the injecting room debate, not open minded on facts that have only one side to them.

When are we going to accept it. There is very rarely (if ever) smack or coke in pills!
The simple reason as previously explained, is it makes for bad economics.
A plethora of other compounds there may be, but not these two.
As for spinal hoo ha and back pain. Ever stopped to consider the action of MDMA on your body temp. and the resultant effect on your kidneys and surrounding muscles. Add to that the possible effects of other additives on the kidneys. Nasty metabolites -poisons that could easily leave your back feeling like you've just lugged 12 boxes of vinyl.
Popular myths tend to be dispelled quickly, but these are true urban legends!
Stir em up Bitch!

supaspeed: I think discussion like this is good. It gets people thinking and people searching for info.
Now, dispell THIS myth... (my mums view on the scene)
That it is a egotistical, hedonistic, backwards thinking scene, that is destroying the lives of too many youths....
right mum. cheers
smile.gif