Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Any regrets?

- l - u - c - e -

Bluelighter
Is there anything in ur life that u really regret?

At the moment I am really regretting not finishing my VCE. I'd have one more f*cking year to go. And I'd at least have some direction in my life. Oh well.

I'm sure theres more than that that I regret, but thats my number 1 at the moment.

What about u guys? What would u do to change it given the oppurtunity?

I would have less "NC's" on my transcript ... courses that I did, but didn't complete, just for the sake of making sure I still got paid by the government.

With the new year coming up I've reflected on 2004 and really regret how lazy I've been this year. When I tried to think of what I've achieved this year, I couldn't think of a single thing. 8)

I'm the type of person who always says "wait and see what happens" which a lot of the time is a good thing. But I've let this year slip by, doing the same things with the same people, stayed in an unfulfilling job and made only token effort to change things. I'm young, single and have really no responsibilities - this time is a perfect opportunity to travel, advance my career, do different things. But I haven't :\

Don't get me wrong, I'm not totally unhappy with my life... its just that I've let a whole year slip by, complaining that I'm bored and need a change, but done very little about it. I guess I'm disappointed in myself for that, and I regret wasting a year of my life!

But there isn't much I can do about it now! So I've promised myself that 2005 is going to be exciting and entirely different :)

Regrets?

I possibly wouldn't have befriended a con-man who took me (at 20 years old) and my first boyfriend for a complete ride, scamming us into believing he was an american CIA agent and that he had good jobs lined up for us in the US if we would be his "operatives", convincing me to leave in my last year of uni, sell up all our meagre possessions and leave us stranded in Bateman's Bay (awaiting helicopter pickup) leaving me with nothing but a red face when the police turned up to handcuff us believing we were his accomplices. (he turned out to be a seasoned criminal on the run from QLD, and we were but one of many of his Victorian dumb fucks he did over - I got my face on Today Tonight! wow)....

I would never have wasted 4 years of my life with a cheating, lying fucking scum who stole $3000 from me and cheated on me for 3 years then killed himself requiring me to go through 6 months of therapy...

I really kind of wish I'd been smart enough not to jump straight into another relationship after aforementioned lying cheating scum, even though I love my current boyfriend to death, I at times feel I'm using him as a prop to prevent me from dealing with the horrible enormity of life alone...

*deep breath*

But... actually.. I don't know. Maybe those experiences, and all my other fuck ups in my life (and I'm sure there's more to come!) have made me who I am today.

Certainly (and incredibly) they haven't made me a cynic. And for that, I'm grateful.

/envelops SLM in a massive hug. I say it again....can't wait to meet you. We're a going to have one long, wicked chat :):):)

RE: the topic. I used to keep myself awake at night wondering "what if?", to the point that i became an insomniac. I now realise that guilt/frustration over the past and worry about the future only freezes us in the present. It's been a long and bumpy ride, but, like SLM, I know that everything i've done/haven't done has made me who i am today. Even the really really shitty stuff that i've felt regret over.

There are also certain things that people can change. Feeling sadness or frustration over not completing education is okay, but you can change that..ie, going back to school/university. The one thing i regret is not spending more time with my grandmother when i was younger. She died 12 years ago when i was 15, and i still miss her terribly. I guess what i'm saying is that for me, true regret is feeling sorrow or loss for something that can't be changed. I don't mean to offend anyone with the above statement, i think it's great that you have the opportunity to change something that you did/didn't do in the past. :)

Last edited:
I like - l - u - c - e -, regret not staying at school and finishing my V.C.E. But, I'll be doing distance ed in 2005 so hopefully I'll be able to get my ass into gear and do my V.C.E

codez_raver said:
I like - l - u - c - e -, regret not staying at school and finishing my V.C.E. But, I'll be doing distance ed in 2005 so hopefully I'll be able to get my ass into gear and do my V.C.E

That's absolutely awesome codez_raver. :):)

diegoblunt said:
i dont regret anything.

What he said.

I've done a lot of very stupid and self-destructive things, but I regret none of it. I wouldn't be who I am today and have the life I live if I hadn't taken the path that led me here. :)

There are alot of things I wish that I hadn't done....but they don't bother me that much to be considered regrets.. the only thing I do regret is sort of catch 22

I regret getting married at my early age and the events that followed - the thing is, without it I would never have my son :)

I only regret things while I'm going through a rough patch due to poor choices I've made. BEcause I feel so bad I wish it had never happened, that I hadn't done this or that. But after I get over it I always feel like I've become a little stronger and a little more experienced and realize that since it's over now there's no point regretting it.

i didnt finish year eleven but i dont really regret that because i landed a job with money i never thought i could ever make. i got a loan for a $75000 vehicle a few months ago, now i hate my job but i cant quit because i wouldnt make the repayments (hire purchase) and i cant sell it because i wouldnt get the 75K back. so i'm chained to this job like a slave until i put some more cash into the vehicle for maybe another 6 to 8 months then hopefully i can be a free man!!!! FREEDOM!!!!!
oh in case i didnt make clear my point: my regret is purchasing the vehicle

Wiping up a spilt drink with what appeared to be a white cloth.

** It was actually my sisters new top (oopsiedoodle)

i regret... giving up on someone out of pride... she asked for a third and final chance... and i know, the right choice was to say no, but i think it could have been something... i ended before it could began... and now, the relationship will always be perfect, cause it never existed and never had that chance of being completely flawed...

i also, regret sending out any kinda of mail while being angry... i regret always blasting my friend jc every time im upset, the girl has enough on her shoulders...

i regret my own leading girls on, knowing full well i didn't want a relationship... i regret the people dated, knowing full well the type of people there were... i regret setting myself up for defeat... i regret the drama i have to make my life to be... i regret not being brave enough to show people my work, i regret this fucked idea i have about being a great writer, which makes me too scared to write... i hate myself half the time, i regret having such a mindset... i regret the words im writing...

fuck! i hate the holidays! :p

what i wanna change... baby steps...
+my intimacy issues have got to go, somethings gotta change and it's has to be me, and it has to be now...
+my mindset, my self loathing writer complex...

i regret not moving to the east coast of the USA so i can watch brand new O.C episodes as soon as they come out

its my guilty pleasure

I regret not spending more time with relative who have passed away.

I regret letting a guy get inbetween me and one of my best mates.

I regret starting smoking

I regret not living every day to the fullest