Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Any regrets?

I regret saying yes to a double shift

I worked this morning, now i'm going in for a night shift
:(
So wired. I need to take a nap my body is tired but my eyes won't close.
8(

Oh well, public holiday pay anyway

Originally posted by keystroke
I think one problem with any anti-depressent medication is that they only fix the short term effects, not the actual problem at hand.

that and they are addictive.

i think that that's a fair statement. i'm not on them and i'm not in the medical profession but a few of my very close friends are on them.

the main problem that i see (and why i think keystroke is right in saying that they can be addictive) is that you could very well live for the rest of your life on this medication and feel normal, and healthy, even happy but essentially its just an illusion. and to me that's a scary uncomfortable thought. i actually know someone who was on them for a very long time, so long that she began to believe that she was fine and stopped taking them. when she did though it was pretty bad, she ended up having a nervous breakdown had to go into hospital and had shock treatment.

so if i were to go on them i'd most definitely also be seeing a psychiatrist or psychologists or whatever, to try and get to the root of my problems and attempt to resolve them.

also i dont think that most people ever actually really *want* to go on the medication but agree to if it'll make them feel better, and they dont want to remain on it forever, which essentially i think may be saying something in itself. i.e. that its probably not be the best form of therapy but its all we have that seems to work atm.

Last edited:
^ I was looking for a way to word that properly, but basically that's what I was trying to write.... I've had friends go through years of shit on medication and in the end, all they needed was to talk to someone about it, the Medication was a big mistake as far as I know.... you can't use a chemical to make yourself feel good all the time, because as soon as you stop taking it, you're gonna crash hard....

but anyway, without turning this into Drug Discussion......

:)

I used it for a while intermittingly and am far better off without it. Now I'm absolutely fine without.

Not that my experience matches everyone elses.