Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Which is the worst?

Jaff

Bluelighter
I had a conversation with a really good friend of mine the other day and we were arguing about which drug is physically worse for the body.
  • Speed
  • Ecstasy
  • LSD
  • Ketamine
  • Cocaine
We disagreed. Can anyone explain to me which one is worse than the other and why?
Thanks
smile.gif
Jaff
------------------
Can somebody Please slap/tickle me balls?
[This message has been edited by Jaff (edited 30 November 2000).]

I am only guessing but I think speed would be the worst because you body starts to depend on it and it can be quite addictive. Too much of anything can be bad for you though. Me personally, I only have MDMA because I don't feel the effects for long after it. They all do different things though. LSD fries the brain, don't think it does much to the body. MDMA, works with your seratonin. Speed works on you mussles (I think).
Why am I even posting, don't rely on this info, I am just guessing.
[This message has been edited by MOTOMAN (edited 29 November 2000).]

LSD for sure. i believe theres been research done on this, and LSD is the proven most damaging drug, even compared to Ketamine. i'll try and dig out that article but its been ages ago...
imu2.gif

K does brain damage every time. The more you do the worse the damage.
Or so from what I read of 'Eroiwd'.
I am still gonna geta big bag and try it though
smile.gif

hahahahah jaff...3 different posts..3 different answers..hope that helped ya out..
wink.gif
wink.gif

------------------
StOp ThE WorlD...i WaNNa gEt oFF

haha...poor guy is probably just more confused now, I know I am!

LSD is not physically bad for the body at all. Some results were published in a journal about LSD causing chromosonal damage to white blood cells in a test tube but the study was discredited a couple of years later.
------------------
Jon: Garfield, let's just sit here and think deep thoughts. <Pause> Do monkeys marry?
Garfield: Come back! You're too deep!

based solely on how crap u feel on comedown, i would say speed is the worst for you... but then again, i havent tried K yet...
as mentioned above, speed is also rated higher on my "nasty drug" list due to its addictive nature... one line is enuf to get u wanting lots more...
plus the way it screws with my stomach is very nasty
frown.gif

Psi: just a question (and this may not apply to pure LSD) but don't trips often (always??) contain strychnine, ie rat poison? Every time I've tripped I've ended up with horrible muscle cramping in my back (thank god for cone therapy). I don't know if this does permanent damage but surely it can't be good for you.
just wondering..

all drugs are bad for your health !
which one does more damage is just pure speculation .. there has been way too little research done to be able to know.
and im not only talking about damage done that you can notice.
but the point made about addiction is valid - im sure those that are addictive will cause more damage once you start to depend on them.
i guess its more a case of how often you take drugs and how much you take.
more drugs = more damage.
(but yeah, thats pretty obvious)
*shrug* who knows?!

Trouble -> FARK I hope not (about the strychnine!!) that's my fave drug, LSD that is, NOT strychnine. he he!!
LSD affects the body as do all drugs, but I think I know what you mean about the muscle cramps. Friends and I usually only get slight tummy cramps but we expect this. I think it's just a part of the 'trip' but I guess I'll do some more reading up (to satisfy my curiosity).
I too think speed is the the worse of the illicits mentioned but I've never had K (consciously anyway, who knows what's in some pills aye?) so I can't really comment.
------------------
LSD doesn't fry your brain...It e x p a n d s the mind!!
[This message has been edited by GreenAlien (edited 30 November 2000).]

Strychnine in LSD is a very similar rumor to cocaine and herion in ecstasy pills. Have a read of any 'Bullshit Myths of LSD' FAQ and you will see the good old strychnine on LSD blotters there. The muscle cramps is fairly common - its just the body load you are put under through LSD usage.

Nickstar: I stand (happily) corrected and apologise for freaking anyone out (please note I was only asking.. and I'm having problems with searching at the mo.. well, that's my excuse)
smile.gif

Wikings, would mind please quoting Erowid? I mean can you show me where they said that K does brain damage every time?
As far as my knowledge goes, Ketamine used to be used as an anaesthetic for babies and old people because of how LITTLE strain it put on them. The reason why they stopped using it was because of the "psychadelic experiences" some of them were complaining (COMPLAINING??) of having..
Anyway, yeah, I'd be intested in reading what you've semi quoted..

Thanks so far guys.
Lets not forget that the one that makes u feel worst on a comedown isn't necessarily the most physically damaging one
wink.gif

So K does damage by blocking certain receptors in the brain or something. Thats physical damage. Any info on the other drugs and how the work? How does LSD Fry your brain. I "hear" that it was the least damaging of them all and its more a mental thing!
Funny that nobody mentioned MDMA. Nerotoxity anyone? Or its not as bad as speed or the others?
Oh and i forgot to mention Cocaine. I'll add that to the list now.
Thanks
smile.gif
Jaff
------------------
Can somebody Please slap/tickle me balls?

I guess you guys have probably seen these analyses of LSD ("smile" and "supermario"), on the Eve & Rave site.
"LSD - Smile: Diverse Verunreinigungen mit Spuren von Strychnin aber KEIN LSD."
(LSD - Smile: Various impurities with traces of strychnine and NO LSD.)
"LSD - Supermario: 154 ug LSD, Diverse Verunreinigungen und Spuren von Strychnin."
"LSD - Surfer2: 130ug LSD, Diverse Verunreinigungen und Spuren von Strychnin."
(LSD - *********: *** ug LSD, various impurities with traces of strychnine.)
Do you think they are contaminated/hoax?
The question of back pain on LSD has been answered many times in Other Drugs.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
I don't want to sound paranoid, but just consider how much of what you're writing could help send you to Jail.

I think the key word here is "traces". If you're getting your acid on blotter, there's pretty much no way you can get an active dose of strychnine on that little piece of cardboard.
------------------
Jon: Garfield, let's just sit here and think deep thoughts. <Pause> Do monkeys marry?

ummm.. LSD doesnt affect the body? is the brain a part of the body then?
*scratch head*
the reason i say LSD is worse than Ketamine is bcos i once talked to a lady whose husband was doing a research paper on the very same topic. unfortunately ive no proof of that conversation nor her contact details...
o well. anything overdone is equally bad mmkay? chain-smoking everyday is probably more damaging than a once-in-awhile MDMA experience! or a twice-a-year LSD trip!
smile.gif

imu2.gif

Quote: "LSD is not physically bad for the body."
This doesn't mean it doesn't screw with your neurochemistry - how else would it work - but there is no evidence of LSD being neurotoxic or causing physical damage to the body at the tiny amount required for an active dose.
So, as far as being compared to other drugs as to which is "physically worse" LSD doesn't even rate a mention.
------------------

i hate comparison arguements like this. all drugs are dangerous, but how do you quantify such a thing? you can't pull out a ruler and measure the dagerous bit of a drug...
ok well shall we look at how many people die from each drug?
check this chart from dancesafe:
http://www.dancesafe.org/risk.html
so you see how safe drug use appears to be when compared to, say, falling out of bed. but does this mean we should all snort a kilo of k for breakfast everyday? of course not. it's just common sense.
if you are worried that k or lsd or whatever will give you brain damage then dont do it. otherwise accept that you are taking a risk. it's all about personal choice, and responsibilty.
personally i think that most of us reading this thread will end up dead from things far out of our control, or at least from things that seem benign, like the air we breathe or the food we eat.
i'm ot even going to mention tobacco or alcohol...