Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

important life decisions made on e

XSI11V

Bluelighter
With the fast paced life I lead, it's a rarity that i can find time to stop
and reflect on important issues; such as relationships with friends
and family and the general direction I'm taking in life.
The only time i find myself doing this is whilst I'm on e.
Usually I'm recovering with friends and it's becoming a bit much,
so I slip out for a walk either by myself or one other to take in nature
and have a good ol' think.
Why I don't think of these things when i'm straight - I don't know -
perhaps it's a 'male' thing and I only open up (to others and myself) on e.
I value these experiences greatly as I usually motivate myself
by making myself promises which 90% of the time I keep.
Usually I pour the guilt treatment on myself - "Well if you're going to
keep indulging in that bad expensive habit you're just going to have
to do such and such to compensate".
But in reality it's not like i'm blackmailing myself - I tackle things
like applying for another job or doing something to the car
with the sort of keeness I didn't know I had in me.
In the end thanks to e
smile.gif
- shit get's done which usually wouldn't,
and I'm much happier throughout each week with my newfound direction,
and work harder to deserve my weekly reward.
Does anone else find themselves doing this or something similar,
or is it my inability to open up when i'm straight ?

That's pretty kewl, but for me coming down is a time for relaxing and not thinking much at all. The times I have been able to sit down and have a good conversion have been good tho. One time me and two friends got home at around 11am and sat around talking till about 5pm (it was after War of the Worlds... mmm good times, can't remember what we talked about tho
smile.gif
)
There have been a few times when I've decided to get my ass into gear and do something, but most of the time I'm doing them anyway, or already have something planned so I don't need the extra motivation.
One of my friends would always get it into his head to do something, and then would be upset at himself for not going through with them later, so he was like you XS, except you actually followed through.
Keep it up!
smile.gif

------------------
Common Sense isn't all that common

i actually don't like to think about the issues in my life while i'm on drugs. i generally block out all the important 'life desicions' b4 i go out and until i get my head clear...that is if i can of course. i prefer to do this because it lets me have a good guilt/trouble-free nite. if there are issues to be resolved i will alocate a time after my partying (usually a day or two later) for just thinkig about what i gotta do.
...one time i had a really bad comedown (too much speed the nite b4) and started thinking about my life and important stuff. by the end of the day i reached the conclusion that i should join the army in order to get some discipline in my life and create a sense of direction!!! and i hate the army a lot for many reasons...yep...that's right...join the damn army!!!
smile.gif

hamlet
------------------
"oh dude i'm sooo wrecked"
"yeah me too. maybe a little too wrecked"
"is there such a thing?" :p

Sometimes, I decide to dance.
Others.. I decide to stay imobile.
------------------
Winners don't do drugs ...They just sell them.

*lol* Ham! thats the funniest thing l've heard all week. MAn, l could just image u after a trip waking up in some recruitment camp in whoop whoop with a bunch of braindead skinheads with ya raver outfit, glow sticks and a lollypop in yer mouth.

I had an e and stopped dead on the dance floor and decided that i should break up with my girlfriend of 7 months and that i should cut down on weed (i was just getting into the once a day stage). Eventually i did both these things I've never felt better
smile.gif

I wouldn't do anything life affecting while on e though,,,thats dodgy
smile.gif

I decided to drop out of uni and move back to sydney whilst having the most painful comedown of my life.
it was the best decision i ever made.

well...don't know bout u guys...but i sure am glad i didn't join the army...hehehe
wink.gif

go study k2...and go and research info for the post "Keep E Illegal"...hehehe...cos i am and i am coming up with some good shit...haahah
biggrin.gif

I was having some trouble last year with a few big issues in my life - was very stressed out and down and out and all that.
I took e for the first time, and over night i dropped all this deadweight that i was just dragging along behind me - stuff that was keeping me down and depressed - it was all gone, all insignificant, all in the past.
Solved my main problem - in order that i went on to solve the rest of my other minor problems and become a better, healthier minded and positive person.
it was great. and i sometimes wonder whether i would have ever left all that shit behind if i hadnt taken e.
ah well. lucky i did.
smile.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"If you're not confused.. you don't understand everything. Silence is deafening." S.A. :) ;) :D

Well taking drugs can make small problems go away...like who gives a rats ass about that shit (maybe its a good thing, or maybe it just indicates you just dont care about anything anymore).
I personally dont make any major decision whilst under the influence...I leave that for when Im straight. I think better with a clear head
smile.gif

ps - You'll notice my previous 700 posts were made under the influence and thus can be taken with a grain of mdma powder
wink.gif

Well I made a major decision on E last Saturday (MAJOR!!!). I know its the right thing to do, but don't know whether I can still go through with it. I know its the best thing to do for this person but the hardest. Can't go back on my word as somebody is now relying on me.
Don't you just love how E gets rid of your inhibitions
wink.gif
Jaff

the first couple of times that i took E i made lots of life changing decisions. be better to my friends, stop my violent outbreaks, be a calmer happier person...
but what ends up happening after a while is that you end up relying on e high's to make your decisions. that happened to me so i had a nice big break and got all my *life decisions* worked out while straight, and made the one rule:
"don't talk about your problems when you're off your trolley, wait until you are straight to sort them out!"
i think this has become the attitude of every experienced e taker... just get on it and enjoy the ride :-]
for some that reason that reminds me of KLF.. "come on come on do you wanna ride..."
ciao!

Hmmm, cool topic.
I'm a big fan of the personal insights you can gain while e-ing, dancing, listening to music in a warehouse or soaking up the vibe at a rave...
For me it's like viewing another (different) perspective on life. So if I come up with any interesting ideas I like to write them down the next day (along with people's names... damn it's useful to be able to remember people's names that way).
Then on a Tuesday or Wednesday I like to review them... helps me to see the subject from 2 points of view. Quite often I reject the ideas (as being silly/too hard/the kind of thing only a drug-fukt person could think of)... but sometimes those ideas can be golden.
I also like to hold my promises I make in those circumstances. This can sometimes be hard, but it teaches you to only make promises you _can_ keep... teaches you to use the drug, rather than let it use you.
In anycase, writing down what you think is a very useful tool. Helps to remind you why you're doing this. Helps you to keep things real. Helps to keep you on track (hard to lose your way if you've got a record of where you've been and are going). Like most people I suspect I am much more capable at reading and comprehending than I'll ever be at writing -- so this process has helped me to understand the voice in my head.
And it'll be my 9-year anniversary in October... and I'm yet to regret anything (so it's either working, or I'm totally lost!)
DSF

when it comes to pills and big decisions i take the advice of an ex-girlfriend who got me into clubbing about 2 years ago which is never try to make a life changing decision within a week of taking anything.
i guess this is because if the effects of the drugs are present at all(even small residual effects) then combined with having lost a nite's sleep less than seven days ago (i heard that it takes upwards of 2 months(?) to get fully over a nite of not sleeping) it can really affect your judgement whether u can notice it or not.
but as a result of this i haven't been able to make a good decision for the last 2 years. oh well i had lotsa fun still.
[This message has been edited by delroy (edited 21 June 2000).]

Disco SuperFly I know where you're coming from in regards to 'golden ideas'.
It's not just the important life decisions prompted by 'e' bringing out the goodness in you.... I've had many relatively unimportant ideas burst into my head related to ongoing artworks or doing up my car.
Most ideas get the flick when they're processed by my straight mind a few days later - but occassionly there's a great viable idea which i'm sure I would never have reached straight.

I find that e opens your mind...have you ever taken it and just sat aroud with a group of close friends??? You say some amazing things and come up with some great ideas...
e also gives you a certain self-confidence that you never new existed. Hell, i've done some things on (or coming down from) e that i have always wanted to do...just never plucked up the courage. You lose all inhibitions and feel on top of the world...isn't that why we take it?
Decisions like breaking up with your girlfriend or buying that car or moving away...these are all things you have been thinking about but just needed that extra bit of confidence to get you started...
...and it provides for excellent conversation when sitting around talking meaningless drabble...
------------------
The most basic rule of survival in any situation is: never look like food.

I have always been someone who lacks a bit of self-confidence. When I am pilling I find that I lose all my inhibitions and feel a lot more at peace with myself in general. I am more confident and can say things to people that I would be far too nervous to say if I was straight.
A good friend of mine had recently gotten a new girlfriend. Right from the start I had it in my head that she hated me. When we went clubbing together I finally had the courage to talk about it. It turned out that I was totally wrong, and we have been the best of friends for months now!!!
I have also noticed a big change in my fiance. He is now more confident with himself and who he his. It doesn't just last the duration of the pill, it stays with you forever.

I just came to a realization as I'm sitting here enjoying the roll of about half a cap of pure mdma (Teriyaki goes off!)
I'm restless... I really need a change of scenery, I have to get out of my house, my room that I've lived in for the last 21 years and get into the world... I've been thinking I've been content for a while, that I didn't really need to do anything much with my life, but I'm pretty sure I know what I want now...
But considering this is just the ramblings of someone rolling nicely, I'll havta see if I feel the same way in the next few days...
There'll be an update if anyone shows any interest in here, otherwise I'll keep it to myself and you can all bugger off!
wink.gif
(j/k)
------------------
Common Sense isn't all that common

no. we don't wanna here about it tarsan (hehehe i did that on purpose)...
...go find muncke and jump with him around the damn jungle
wink.gif