Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

???Driving "under the influence"???

Hamlet

Bluelighter
ok. i know this topic has popped up b4. but i figure with all the new BL (notice i don't use the word newbies anymore - politics) it is time for the question to be posed again.
I am not only talking about driving on E, comedown from E etc. I'd also like info on T-driving and dope driving. I know we all do it, but should we? (desicion to do this post came to me while being stuck in traffic on chappel st, melbourne, tripping on a sunflower...hmmm)
The things I want to know:
1. Has anyone ever had any accidents while driving on drugs or even on the comedown (the morning after)?
smile.gif

2. What do you do to prepare yourself for the horrible task?
smile.gif

3. When do you say: "no i am in no state to drive"?
4. What do you find it the hardest to drive on?
5. Any other advice?
replies much appreciated.
"sick-of-wrecking-my-car-and-worrying-too-much-from-driving-everyone-around-when-i'm-in-no-state-to"
smile.gif
princehamlet
smile.gif

------------------
No, I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be. Am an attendant Lord, the one that will do, to swell a progress, start a scene or two. Advise the Prince.

I met this girl @ home in December, and gave her a lift home...since then I have given her a lift home whenever we are out together.
One day we were organised and I gave her a lift IN to the venue...she said...
"This is the first time I have driven with you sober...and its fucking scary"
Most agreed my driving was much calmer and safer whilst under the influence.
Although at easter we did a mad dash in the middle of a superman peak...and that was VERY SCARY
smile.gif

driving whilst rolling is a big no no for myself, but driving during monday or tuesday seems to be an effect. it's in this zombie state that i find myself staring at brake lights and sometimes it takes a while to register what it means. i have found myself looking at the wheels of the car beside me spinning before realising what i am doing and shake my head out of it!!
i think the zombie state is worse than whilst high as u seem to concentrate better then.
------------------
rollin' and strollin', its kinda like bowlin'. my head's kinda big and it feels kinda swollin'!!

When i was leaving Colossus @ Eastern Creek (3pills, speed + olympic trip)i waved to some people + hit a pole in the middle of the road. Didn't do much damage but it was really freaky. Oh no mum.........someone must have hit my car while i was @ the party.....bastards!!!!!
2 weeks b4 was coming home trashed from a party + was breathtested....i'd had my p's for 2 weeks and i swear the cop knew how wrecked i was!!!!!!
Apart from that no other run in and don't usually have a prob driving (acid is the exception sometimes!!!!)

i love driving full stop, and driving while on e i find is soooooo FUNKY! love it! especially in the cold, heater on full, the wool seat covers hugging your back and the smooth tunes playing OH YEAH!
i hate driving stoned though, its WAY to much strain on my brain! A friend and i were soooo bored and sooo stoned that we decided to CarLovers the car at 2:30am LOL hmmmmm bubbles any way, as we were finishing up at the vacuum side of things, i was backing out and slammed into one of the pillers (dont ask how i did it).
I reckon the whole neighbourhood heard my scream of swearwords :p But that guilt plus being stoned just did my head in...should have seen how slow and carefully we were driving back
smile.gif

next morning:
*ring ring*
Jimmy: *wakingup* HMMPhhh...
Mother: jimmy, are you aware that the back of your care has been hit?
Jimmy: WHAT?! are you serious?!?! NO WAY your kidding me
Mother: i kid you not, go check...
Jimmy: *makes noise as though his walking out to the garage*......

Driving while stoned is the easiest for me, as long as people in the car aren't making too much comotion. I can just get into this 'zone' where my driving gets incredible (gear changes are super smooth and the radio control is fantastic).
Driving while E'ing is terrible. Only done it once and hated every second of it. I had the person next to me say things like 'stop sign' 'red light' and all that, and whenever they'd say something, my foot would go right to the brake even if it was 100 m away. I just can't concentrate.
Driving on a comedown is OK, but I wish I had an auto in situations like these. Again, as long as my friends are chilled, its not a problem.
Would never drive while tripping, wouldn't even consider it, not even after the trip is over (cause its never over till you sleep).
Advice? If you've been at a rave all night and doing the usual (e's, speed, etc) STAY AWAY FROM THE BONGS! They scatter ya like there is no tomorrow, and its sooooo easy to loose concentration...
Rysy and I had a close call the other night, and it was purely because the people in the back weren't under control... I couldn't concentrate and got about 1 inch from another car while doing this whacky reverse manouever...
This being said, i prolly won't drive under the infulence again. Too risky...

When I drive after sampling some mary jane (usually of a friday), I drive home and if I'm very stoned, distances seem all out of wack. I remember driving home from a friends house along this straight road, and looking at the traffic lights, and thinking that the lights weren't actually getting any closer, it felt like I was driving on this road for about 15 minutes (in reality it's only about a 2 minute drive), and I can never concentrate on the speed I am doing (but I NEVER go over the speed limit). These are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.

Nope never had an accident.... on drugs of off
smile.gif

I draw the line by seeing if I can think clearly if I try real hard, and if I'm capable to pull myself out of a mind trip at any point I choose.
I've driven pretty fucked up before
I've driven thru a red light, only noticing it was red at the last second when a friend blabbered something
I've thought the little puddles on the side of the freeway bridge wear actually holes and that the bridge was crumbling.
I've driven for a full 30 without looking at the road other than out the corner of my eye.
I guess I've been a bit lucky, but I must say that in all of these situations except the red light one, I was at least 80% safe...
but now I drive only when I'm 97% safe.
I think acid is the hardest to drive on, but I've only done that once or twice when I didn't have much driving experience so probably lack of experience is a factor there.
Of the drugs I currently use I think large amounts of pot by themselves are the hardest, for me. I lose concentration too easy, and look at other stuff heaps
"I'm sitting in my car listening to tunes"
"Oh fucking I'm driving too"
"I'm just sat in my car listening to tunes"
"Oh fuck, I'm driving too"
and so on.....
Ironically responsible amounts of pot plus a little chemage are the best fun to drive on.
I tend to get a bit excited and aggressive.....well easily pissed off and then animated in my response (beep horn eratically at the old man in the $80000 car for the next 2 minutes, laff and diverge)
I think so long as you are an experienced driver and able to comprehend basic events around you, and act on reflex... your safe enough to get home/where you're going.
------------------
ultimately, we just want to be happy

hmm i am now a little concerned.
no offence guys as i have driven whilst up , and have driven whilst drunk , but i hope i would never conciously do it again. It is fucked up. If you are coming down you are probably not to bad , but when scattered with the tunes going and friends screaming ,it just seems like there is too much that could go wrong too easily.......
not only with yourselves fucking up , but the boy racer coming out of the side street......
now that i have been made to look like constable care i will leave you in peace.
smile.gif

I can alwayz drive home no matter how spangled I am, tripping is the only time I need a co-driver to have there wits about them, pot, e's an goey no problems.
I popped a full rolex, drunk a black label beam and coke 1 hour later I get in my car to drive home, the rolex is yet to take effect, as I take off from the first set of lights through first gear, I feel like every part of my body starts to rush and I start to go into hyperdrive, this happend at every accelloration, that was the hardest it ever was to drive whilst eing, the first rush I nearly lost hold of the steering wheel, but after the first rush I was able to handle it, needless to say it was a fun trip home!
peace

Driving stoned for me is not a problem, as long as I know where I am going! If it is a new place I am going to then look out! I will be driving along and then all of a sudden I turn to my friend and say, "Where the hell are we?" heheh
Driving when coming off E's is the best. I drive very safely and carefully much more than when sober.
When I'm on speed, I become even more aggressive with my driving than when I'm sober, not a good thing! Take too many risks.
One time I went to this party and had some speed and some gold macdonalds (2cb?) plus some very potent dope. I had tickets for this rave that I wanted to go to after the party. I get in the car, look at the map to see where I was going and I couldnt even focus on the map! But driving seemed to be ok so I started following road signs and it turned out fine, only problem was I was getting very paranoid, everytime a car pulled up next to me I thought it was the cops!
Looking back now, I think I would happily hand over the money for a cab than end up dead, or even worse injure someone else!

I hate driving on E...both peaking and coming down...but i have a friend who is always the designated driver.
I find that she is always really cautious...TOO cautious!
One time we drove to a mates house who lives 15 minutes away...she was driving so slow that it took nearly an hour! Not that we noticed...we were all so f*&ked!!!
hehehe
Have had some scary "drivng on e" experiences with boys though....they get over confident not over cautious! Typical!
------------------
...blondes have more fun...

I only came close to crashing once while scattered on my way home from SLEAZE BALL ...
I used to drive a shitty 85 telstar which had never been washed inside or out during the 3 years that I drove it.. It had more empty satchels and speckles of speed & mull than NSW Police Station Lunch room , smelt like an ashtray and I had a mouse which lived in the car .
I would say it survived on dropped French Fries and bits of meat from many a late night Doner Kebab. I put ratsak in the car and thought the mouse jumped ship or died as I did not see it for a while ...
Anyhow it's 11am cruising home from sleaze ball and the fucking mouse ran across my leg just above my foot . Now alot of speed was snorted in my car through the course of the night .
The mouse probably had a cocktail of speed and ratsak and even licked E dust of an empty satchel I reckon which tripped the poor bugger out . Tripping the mouse thought he would have a go at my leg/foot thinking it was a big piece of Swiss cheese .
It freaked me out and I swerved a bit and was nearly in danger of loosing control of the car , I looked down to see the rodent run off my leg under the centre console . I never saw the mouse again the ratsak must done it's job . His brain was probably as scattered as mine that l morning I'd say !!!!!!!
OH and as for the car I swapped it two months later for a Mobile Phone
Chill
[This message has been edited by Chill (edited 01 June 2000).]

yeah, and I know you're talking about driving me around Hamlet!! heh heh. Check it out: speed limit :110, Hamlet: between 30 and 40kph
bahahahaha. Its not that I don't appreciate it dude, I just thought the others would get a laugh!!
ps: lets all give a hip hip hooray for the designated driver!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."
- William James, American philosopher
[This message has been edited by Mr. Horse (edited 01 June 2000).]

damn....30-40 kph can seem soooo fast sometimes....
when u r stoned/tripping u drive sooooo sloooowwlllyyy and not even notice it...hehehe
damn..u all got me worried now...uhhh..oh well...got to take risks sometimes right? right?
smile.gif
princehamlet
smile.gif

Driving when on a pill is cool... driving on speed is cool... driving when stoned is cool... but driving on acid is a very serious issue. I have no idea how you drove on a sunflower. How did the road not do freaky shit in front of you?!
I guess the thing about drugs/driving is your own capacity to self evaluate your driving ability at the time.
I once had an accident after Teryaki (8am on a Friday morning, middle of the CBD!), with a parking meter! But that was one which could quite possibly have happened if I was straight anyway.
If you have to hesitate when deciding on your rightness to drive, you obviously aren't.
There has only been once that I really didn't feel up to it- Hamlet, Lep and Mr. Horse, you know what I'm talking about- a krazee drive to Gatecrasher at Easter... ahhhh what a trip!!!
Funny un-rightness to drive story-
After Summadayze (New Year's Day), at about midnight, a friend and I were sitting on the grass outside the music bowl, smoking a j and quietly waiting for friends to get their shit together so we could get a lift home. I see a friend wandering along one of the streets so I call out and run up to say hi. He is almost in tears and when I ask whats wrong he says "I've lost my car!" The only thing I could think of to say was "Well you're too fucked to drive then! Catch a cab and come back tomorrow!"
People, if you are in a situation like that one, wake up and realise that you are putting not only yourself at risk by being irresponsible, but other people too.

Be careful...
Ma brother told me of cops following them from some party in Melbourne a while back.
He had been on various stuff, and was pretty ft, felt as though the steering wheel was veering of to the left all the time.
They were pulled over, nothing happened, they just had to hide there shit pretty well thats all
wink.gif

Be careful when ya driven home or where ever
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by DuckMan (edited 01 June 2000).]

im scared shitless of driving whilst on something! even the thought of it sends paranoid shivers down my back. many thanx must go to a certain someone for driving me around many a morning after a big party!
smile.gif

yep, douff, i've lost my car b4 too! was at st kilda festival the day after a big night out and was feeling very scattered....u can imagine what parking was like. i eventually got this park in some side street that was eons away from the beach...but kinda forgot to remember which street....wound up getting really paranoid and freaked out and rang the person i travelled there with bawling "someone stole my car!"
felt kinda silly in the end. t'was not a nice experience
frown.gif

done it heaps of times, although i dont recommend others to do it as anything can can happen while smashed.
had 2 drive home years ago after munching a stupid amount pills, couldnt see past maybe 20metres, everything just vanished after that! this is the deinition of smashed 'hard'.
nowadays i drive home all the time, no mater what i have, except alcohol.
u get used 2 it aswell. practice makes perfect. i remember the 1st time i drove home smashed, we were all ripped hard and all of us were saying, 'i'm too smashed to drive, u drive', then after everyone saying this to eachother at least a couple of times ibrought it upon my duty to take the wheel.
i took nearly every gutter for the first 5 turns at traffic lights.
ahhhh, they were the days.
------------------
My life is simply
Defined by every
Magnificent experience
Acquired by E.