• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

???Driving "under the influence"???

guys, driving under the influence is pretty damn irresponsible. especially if you know you are peaking.
driving the morning after a party is a judgement call, and of course is affected by how much you've had the night before (and how long ago), the personality of driver you are, and familiarity with location/destination.
intentionally driving whilst under the influence is screwed up.
and i was talking to a copper friend of mine the other night. she informed me that police in australia DO have the right to administer Field Sobriety Tests (walk the line, stand on one foot, follow my finger) even if you pass a breathaliser. They only need to suspect you of "being under the influence of intoxicating drugs".
but the cop said she'd only ever seen it done once in 6 years on the beat, and that was becasue after the accident the guy ran down the street tearing his clothes off and screaming
pinger

BLah,
Done it quite a few times in the past. But I have to agree with what was said, you can't have people in the back distracting you. Once after leaving GO! in the tight parking lot underneath, had two people in the back who were tthhaattt fucken annoying (you know who you are!
wink.gif
) .. they just could not shut up! I was reversing out of this real tight spot, and a few other clubbers in cars behind were waiting for me coz i was taking my time. So when i reversed, turned the wheel, acclerated and heard this big crunch as i clipped a big cement post with my front bumper. I pulled over and had a look and it only scratched it up a bit. I had all this pressure, it was a real tight spot, shouldn't have parked their in the first place, then i had pressure of people waiting for me, then i had these two people in the back who weren't doing much for my brain being able to function normally.. Yap Yap YAP! It's as if they had just discovered how to open their mouths and talk... Even when asked to shut up coz i gotta concentrate, it's hard for them to comprehend, so they go on blabbering..
wink.gif

As for all the other times, i've driven around a lot up in Surfers Paradise after a big night out, and it's great driving there, coz u got the huge goldcoast highway to cruise along, not traffic. Was in my bro's car with the stereo UP pumping nearly as hard as the club, and we were there boppin away.
I hate driving around sydney though after a big night, it is ssuucchh a hassle - expensive to park, and traffic is not good to be in at all after a big night. Another thing about Surfers is that it's all so close, so u're not stuck in the city, which i hhaaatteee.
(speaking of blabbering)......
;p
cyaaa..

Driving and tripping has to be one of the things I have trouble doing...especially when there are severe visuals....But try driving fast-ish on the Pick-Up/Drop-Off Ramp
@ Melbourne Airport. The lights on the side of the ramp are farkin' awesome...
We did this once at around 4.00am and kept driving on the ramp...he he he
I find driving stoned is great! No road rage at all....Who could be farked getting angry? he he he...Hmmmm might have to have a j in the morning before heading out...

My 2 cents: Some people I have no problem driving with/getting lifts off while they're off their face but some poeple shouldn't be on the road straight let alone high!
My problem is I have little self control and have too much fun on my motorbike straight, let alone when I'm tripping/e'ing etc. Dangerous combination!

I used to deliver pizzas- very boring job. But a friend made it fun for me this summer by coming along sometimes and smoking j's with me while we were dropping off pizza deliverys...
Late afternoon sunshine, big fat reefers and good, loud music made work almost seem fun.

pinger, they actually had to do a sobriety test on that guy?
wink.gif

To the topic:
Stoned, I'm usually "right" to drive, insofar as I take it easy & am much more cautious than normal. I don't smoke anymore, so that's not a problem anyway. I don't normally drive on alcohol, but one emotioned charged night last year had my stupid arse behind the wheel & I ran my car into a gutter. Luckily that was all I hit. Learnt some VERY big lessons that night. That's my only accident, BTW.
I've driven whilst peaking too, which was a challenge, because as CrazyAustralian said, it's impossible to concentrate. Never again.
Overall it isn't _that_ difficult to operate a car when you're on something (although I will never attempt to drive on acid), it's just that it is more difficult to deal with the "what if" situations that can happen on the road. Think about the amount of people in this thread alone who have admitted to it, then think about the potential number of other people driving around in a similar state at any time. Scary, huh?
Anyway, if you choose to do so, please be careful about it.
Ben.
[This message has been edited by Ben (edited 02 June 2000).]