• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Stealing food

Bad_Boy_Blue

Bluelighter
If for some reason beyond your control, you had no money for a period of two weeks (e.g. if your work didn't pay you when they were supposed to), would it be immoral to steal food?

Whenever I was that broke, I just hit-up my friends. We've all been there, especially about 2 1/2 years ago when just about everyone I knew was unemployed for 6-9 months. It was that or go beg your parents. :\

Exactly. My real friends had no probelm sparing $20 bucks, and if they couldn't they'd say so. I can survive on that, if need be.

Unfortunately, I have no one here in London that I can borrow money off. My parents are too far away (I'm not really in contact with them ATM). What am I going to do?! I have to friggin study and have no way of getting any money.

What other options do I have?

Aren't the english good with longbows or something? Or go fox hunting. Eat fox for a few weeks.

Or didn't they just ban that? :(

Huh. :D

Ramen noodles are like .10 a pack. At least in the US, anyway.

When I was jobless and broke for awhile a couple years back, my mom would buy me gift cards to the grocery store so that I wouldn't starve to death or something. She wouldn't give me cash cause she figured I'd spend it on something else, but she knew I had to eat so, she helped me out. She also let me raid her pantry. I guess my mom isnt' a total heartless bitch afterall. I should let her know that.

:p

It would be easier to just steal the food. I really am desperate!

I could pay the supermarket back. Would that still be immoral if I paid them back?

Yes. Why don't you beg on a street corner or something?

spork said:
Yes. Why don't you beg on a street corner or something?

I suppose this would be the best thing to do (in a part of London that's far away from where I live).

BBB, if you're hungry and you've exhuasted all the other avenues its not immoral to steal food. Its hardly fucking immoral to live now is it? :)

Head down to the nearest homeless shelter mate and I'm sure you'll get a feed down there. They may try to sell you Jesus though !

Why not sell the computer you're using?

read abbie hoffmans "STEAL THIS BOOK", its a freeloadin' bum's bible...in fact, i think you can find an online text somewhere.

Last edited: