• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Stealing food

>>I'm with chrissie...I don't quite understand that mentality. Somewhere down the line you are hurting someone. That big corporation that's losing profits doesn't just eat it up...it raises the prices, or lays someone on the lower levels off, both of which hurt your peers in some way.>>

Not necessarily. These oligopolic corporations have already raised prices as much as is profitable (and have squelched major competition to do so) and will similarly hire workers whenever it is profitable. Theft would, presumably, cut largely into profits, profits skimmed off the backs of exploited workers. While I can't call this sort of theft moral, I can't in good conscience call it immoral either.

ebola

theft doesnt even things out, it just causes the prices to be raised even more.

R.M. Shackelford said:
Bullshit. Ever hear of Ghandi? Or World War 2? Maybe Allied soldiers shouldn't have shot those nice Germans running the concentration camps.

The only real crime is getting caught.

by your logic, the only crime the nazis did was getting caught. 8)

Technically, you were only "borrowing" the food. They could have it back later.8o

David said:
Both are illegal, and you have greater chance of getting caught begging, as in you are on the side of the street.

Thankfully, not everyone's moral compass is ruled simply by what is and is not illegal.