• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Do comedowns really exist? (not a pill report)

Mr. Horse

Bluelight Crew
What do people think? Do you believe that it is a state of mind or it is a phisical thing which cannot be stopped?
I think there are certainly situations where I have felt better being around friends that having to go home to folks or to work which really suck or school which sucks more.
I seem to bomb really badly and I am just THE worst person to be around when Im yucky. I get the good ol' what the fuck am I doin with my life, where am I headed, why do I take drugs, then a day later Im fine. A healthy diet and vitamins helps but I just cant help but bomb REALLY badly unless I somke dope, where I just trip and fall asleep. What do people do to remedy this. Just interested I guess
------------------
I'm an idealist...
I dont know where im going but im on my way

I think part of it is psychological i.e. you miss the E feeling rather than any damage to your brain.
5-HTP might help, I'm getting some soon...

A wise person once told me that when you are going like that... the comedown i mean ( i iusually cry and be all depressed)
just repeat to yourself... "it is just the drugs" and force yourself to be in a better frame of mind.

I reckon different pills give differnt "day after" results.
I must say that lately each weekend after Im done Im thinking "thats it, enough, Im done with this stuff". Maybe some time soon I will, and you wont see me on here for a while. Its a combination of comedowns, cost, physical exhaustion and the lack of "normal" things in life. Somedays I think a girlfriend would be nice, but Idont want one in the scene coz then I would turn into a complete monster. I need my riends who are "sober" to keep me in check
smile.gif

Somedays it seems like all I ever do is fly around in my car picking things up. Where that used to get the old adrenalin rushing, now it just seems like a drain on my time. Maybe I should insist they deliver to me personally
smile.gif

cK's comedowns are the worst and I wont touch them again. I just sit there in a vague cloud. And get rather depressed. Expensive when I get paid by the hour
frown.gif

Yet the fish were excellent. Apart from being exhausted (pysical thing not drug thing), I was pretty good. Quite horny in fact, just wanted to go and f...
The supermen this week were also excellent. Dropepd the last one Sunday, Monday abit ordinary, but tuesday was fine again.
I put it down to this. Good MDMA pills give me healthy afterglows which carry me on - very little comedowns at all. MDEA pills give me shocking depressed comedowns.
As I like to be buzzing my entire life, I never go back to a "down" pill again.
I have done the 5htp thing. I think perhaps it helps, but I dont want to overdo it oause it also makes you a bit vague. Thats ok on the weekends, but not during the weeks.
But yeah comedowns are there
"what goes up, must comedown"

I believe comedowns are also a state of mind. But dancing all night can also leave me wrecked.
After some parties, I feel like I can do homework on the Sunday if I have to (usually don't, but sometimes I do)
But other times, when i've danced for more then say 5 hours, i'm completely drained and sleep is the only thing which will help me.
However, I always feel normal by Monday if I dropped on Saturday. Although my Average is about 2 a party.
Smurf, 2 questions...
Are you in Melbourne?
Would those be purple Supermen?
Crazy
------------------
Keep On Rockin in the Free World!
[This message has been edited by CrazyAustralian (edited 09 March 2000).]

Hey Crazy
Im in Sydney, and they were beige Supermen - very thick, tested black in 2 seconds, and were definately MDMA all the way
~~~*WAHEY*~~~

just a quick question to all, and especially to SmurfyBaby
Whats Everybodies average pill intake during an average party?
i dont always feel THAT bad, but feel woosy and alittle "lost" on monday (but i think thats a combination of school) and feel flu like but i managed that well and by wednesday feel GREAT!.... i took 1 and a HALF pill for the first time in my e taking expierence (started in october War of the Worlds 2 last year) but still felt great...my GWWAAAD. Now i figuered that wasnt a bad effort for myself, but im curious about others intaking. do tell....
[This message has been edited by JimmiG (edited 09 March 2000).]

I had a rather depressing comedown off a Horseshoe a month or so ago.. Club was pretty average, but went back to a friend's apartment , lay on the floor in ttoottaall ecstacy.. mmm yummy!
wink.gif

Life after that seemed rather dull.. extremely dull actually. I think there is a huge psychological part in the comedown, rather than just the depletion of serotonin or whatever. After being at such an unbelievable high, everything was put into a different perspective, nothing could compare with those feelings I experienced. Gaaawwdd,, that was such an unbelievable morning, I can't even try and remember exactly how it felt, it was so unbelievable..
I dunno if i'm making sense, rather big night last night...
wink.gif

cya

I haven't really had bad comedowns untill recently, about the last month or so.
Last week after mardi gras i was such a scattered snappy person. I was hanging out with some ppl that i knew quite well. They were giving me some stick for reading a road map for about half an hour and i just snapped. I was convinced that they were making personal attacks on me. the 5-htp managed to help it out. Didn't really have an afterglow after last weekend :p I think I came off worse because of the amount of chemicals i had ingested, a white fish and a blue pioneer. About twice my previous maximum effort.

JimmiG - my average is 3 per night.
Most was 6 (one off and rather irresponsible), and least was 1 for an entire night. Where I was going out 3 times per week, now its down to once a fortnight.
I'd be happy with just 1-2 a night. Hopefully that will be soon.
But yeah, probably the more you have, the bigger the comedowns.

hmmm i tend to find that if i've had more than 1 pill , i'm usually more susceptible to a bad comedown...maybe because i've been so immersed in the *sweeet* feeling that i have been thinking too many nice thoughts
wink.gif
thus when the pill wears off , i get depressed cos i want them back..
Also , having to go to work at 9am when i've just come out of a club at 5am is not the most pleasing thing... especially if you know you have to use your brain
wink.gif
... Or knowing that you've got nothing to do except go home when your parents will be just waking up as your wide eyed head comes charging through the door , wanting to put on your favourite tunes as loud as possible
smile.gif

i'd agree with smurf that the more you have the bigger the comedown.
------------------
fly high , but watch your head

It probably differs from each individual, just as how each person would react to the pill. Personally, i've never had really bad comedowns ( e-pression, pissy moods, stoned out, etc). Only extreme fatigue ( from dancing the whole night, wouldn't you?) and insomnia occasionally. Very bad combo.
My first drop, red nikes, gave me a real happy vibe buzz the next morning though.
------------------
Like a flood,Thru my blood;
In my vein,To my brain;
Feel it coursing right thru me;
Oh my GOD its ECSTASY!

Having a partner does help, and you do look after one another when you're out. It's just that when you go home you know you won't be alone.
Best comedowns are together, under the doona in the loungeroom ( no one else home of course) with a really shitty video you wouldn't otherwise tolerate.
In terms of health I'd say eat somsething, anything to get fuel back into your body, pop some vit B, and try to sleep even if it's just for a few hrs.
For the blues I'd suggest 5 htp and just rationalise that you're feeling like shit because you've pretty much put your body to the limit, and that your moods aren't invincible.
It also helps to find one 'safe' thing that distracts you from bad thoughts. Patting the cat/dog, watching a funny movie, looking at old photos, going for a walk, talking to a friend or doing something creative are all ways I get away from feeling depressed (whether it's from E or just from life in general).
The worst thing you can do is lock yourself in your room and dwell on it.
Hope this helps...

well, im coming down right now. Very scattered, tired, but it was a great pill (apricot rolex) and so I have a nice warm buzz going through me. It sucks cos I have school tomorrow and I have work to do but ya know, such is life. We must trudge on.
I think the BEST place to have a comedown is at a friends place when it is just your friends and its cold outside and wrapped up in blankets, talking about life, smoking some joints or bongs and just chillin. No responsibility is the best I think. When you know you have nothing on for the next 3 days. Its the best. Im rambling. Oh, this is so hard!! eh - mR.hORSE
------------------
I'm an idealist...
I dont know where im going but im on my way

there is no doubt there is a huge body of evidence to suggest there is a "comedown" if you like, induced by the short term damage to your stocks of seratonin. combine this with the lethargy caused by dancing too much, and the stress placed on your system generally by our lifestyle, and it certainly contributes to the "fuck i feel like shit" post-e days.
THere are many psychological factors as well. Post pill glow often gives way to personal questioning/guilt/rationalisation.
There are many studies to suggest that 5-htp post pill will enable you to recover your seratonin levels quicker after a pill.
Prozac will of course help and has been shown to help prevent neurotoxicity. But probably not recommended for most. Sam-E is an alternative, ST Johns Wort perhaps the most popular natural alternative.
Vit C prior and immediately after pilling has been shown to reduce free radicals and pollutants and can help lessen damage. Likewise vit B (watch the dose!)
There are many other antioxidants such as Alpha Lipoic Acid which are starting to build a body of evidence to support their use in post-loading.
So chemically we have a bit of assistance.
Eating a good meal (like steamed Asian vegies) is a good start physically as well.
Psychologically, well that's another matter. If you're not at a good place in your life, then the pills won't help, they'll prolly make it worse. Pills, for better or for worse, always make me examine those little niggles in my life when i'm coming down. This can be beneficial, most of the time it's shits me.
So, yes, I think comedowns exist.
And if all else fails, there is always more chemicals. ie nitrous, pot and GHB are a favourite of ours to comedown. THe best thing is to surround yourself with your good friends in a comfy place, whack on some chilled tunes and hang out. Safety in messiness!
cheers
pinger

Just like the up, I find that if I am content with my frame of mind and my life to me the comedown is just a different angle to look at life. I enjoy comedowns, because just like the up, it is not a normal everyday state of mind.
If you have something to look forward to then the comedown makes you yearn for the future,comedowns motivate me to read heaps aswell!
smile.gif

I hear from a chemist friend that MDMA - 250mg - Had no comedown - Green Mitsi's really nice - No comedown(as the word DOWN suggests). Maybe MDMA has no comedown? Any other opinions?

Just like the up, I find that if I am content with my frame of mind and my life to me the comedown is just a different angle to look at life. I enjoy comedowns, because just like the up, it is not a normal everyday state of mind.
If you have something to look forward to then the comedown makes you yearn for the future,comedowns motivate me to read heaps aswell!
smile.gif

I hear from a chemist friend that MDMA - 250mg - Had no comedown - Green Mitsi's really nice - No comedown(as the word DOWN suggests). Maybe MDMA has no comedown? Any other opinions?

Howdy ho peeps,just posted this on ravenet,done the good ol cut and paist.Hope it makes some sence.I comeing off a 5 ck w/end at the moment.The reply was for somebody else.So maybe this could help.Coming from the person also known as the comedown kid
smile.gif

Im useing my "wearing off fun time" now,posting to this thread
smile.gif

Reading your post remindes me off me and my fellow peakErs.We pist off the word "comedown" and replaced it with,just"chilling out"
smile.gif
Although yes im sorry to say that yes we do comedown.But like you all seam to know,its what you do with your time.
Plan your comedown,OOPS
smile.gif
wearing off time,just like you planed your night!
We try to have a spa the next day,man they rock!We ride or bikes doing jumps and just being silly.Hug a tree and climb it.Climbing a tall tree to the top its just ace.Fealing it sway.Make shore you take some tent pegs to climb up the hard bits.Oh and remember to ask its permition.Im lucky i guess cause im close to the beach.Yeah we end up in the back yard,or in the lounge,or even on the roof,sucking cones,laughing at each others stupid no sence stories,and silly gaze
smile.gif
Though sometimes you are so cained from peak'n and running around like a freak,you just want to be a sloth on the couch.So be it!We call that being in a stupA,or not human! But if you are fealing really seedy the next day,and it repeats it self each time you have a night out on E,its your body letting you know that maybe you need a break.Always try to eat healty food before,and the best thing ive found is make fresh juice when you are wearing off.Watermelon,orange,pineapple,and for extra sweetness,strawberries.Thats my special yummie enerdrink!
Oh yeah and we just came up with a new one.When your on an E,you have your e suit on,and the next morning it starts to wear off.You know its wearing off,cause you cant do half the things you did while you where peak'n.And that ciggy that got butted out on you while you where out,is now hurting
smile.gif
he hee.We came up with this after we noticed,cause we ride or bikes heaps when we are peak'n,yes you do tend stack heaps trying to do big stupid jumps.You feal the pain of some of the stacks when your e-suit wears off!
He hee,now im just rammbling on...ra ra ra
smile.gif
hee hee
smile.gif

Any who back to wearing off the 5 ck's i ate on the weekend
smile.gif
Yes i'll probably have the exctasy blues on tuesday,but ill just think about the wicked time i had on the weekend,and make shore i have a healthy meal after work!
pEacE LovE HappinEss
Chaos
smile.gif

When I First started downing Eckies I would have really bad comedowns where I would just sit there like a zombie, cuz I wouldnt be able 2 think. No thoughts were in my head at all. Adn I just sat their emotionless, It was horrible I felt like the dumbest shit on earth.
But for the last year or so my comedowns have been pretty good. I dont know how I managed 2 turn this around but I know it helps 2 have an "Im extremely mulch and my brain is having trouble processing cuz of the drugs HA HA HA" attitude. So just like, dont worry about it and be with friends and just laugh @ how messy and sckattered u are. I know its easier said than done.
the most common 3 words of someone coming down is "I dont know" LOL how are you, I dont know. what do you want 2 do, I dont know. Sorry this message is pointless and scrambelled btw =)
Pop a pipe in ur mouth for a less anxious comedown.