Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pillreports elitism.

satricion

Bluelighter
So,

I have been noticing recently that there is a strain of elitism in the regular pillreports contributors in the Australian and NZ section. By this I mean that people who are obviously new to the site and perhaps haven't read the guidelines are having their reports met with very unhelpful and often aggressive comments.

Things like these comments on a pill posted by Dancin_Teddy:

HEYSKIP
*#$! posted 05-May-2004 by HEYSKIP
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAMN it. I can't believe I just read all these b/s reports, and then wasted more time writing this.

Mate you owe me 5 mins of my life back 8-(
the_fuzz
*#$! posted 06-May-2004 by the_fuzz
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They're pretty funny reports.
Hey teddy, do you have an asian accent?
Fuck PMA
*#$! posted 08-May-2004 by Fuck PMA
Say exactly what he said in his report using an asian accent funny as fuck!

Or another pill by the same poster:

icantgetnosleep
*#$! posted 06-May-2004 by icantgetnosleep
mmmm can som1 plze just delete these bullshit reports they waste every1's time!!!

Lately there's been to many i reckon i could post this on around ten different reports, ur lucky to even have me grace a comment on ur report!!!

YES BRING BAK 3'S

Another poster that springs to mind recently was MissJessE who posted reports on a few pills at once and was met with comments like 'You sound like a junky', as well as a comment saying 'I wish I could filter out all of MissJessE's reports from now on' followed up by 'Wow I wish eh?'

None of these are helpful and I don't see any chance of this person ever contributing to pillreports again after this sort of feedback. A lot of these comments are made by pillreports regulars who regularly post helpful and detailed reports (erba springs to mind in the above example on MissJessE's pills) but who don't seem keen to encourage others to do the same.

It seems to be an attitude of "I am the most educated drug user in the world, I post the greatest reports ever and I only like clean MDMA. If your reports don't meet my expectations then you are a stupid junkie and I am going to abuse you." This sort of attitude is not one that is going to encourage people to post better reports and instead is just going to scare people off the site. It does say in the guildelines that these sort of comments are to be avoided, maybe the people who are posting them need to go and have a look at the guidelines again themselves before rubbishing other people?

It is possible to ask for more detail about a pill without abusing someone, maybe people should think about that before scaring new posters off with abuse.

My 2c.

satricion said:
It is possible to ask for more detail about a pill without abusing someone, maybe people should think about that before scaring new posters off with abuse.

I think you are not the only one who is feeling that, there's a lot of people having the similar issues with www.pillreports.com

If you have any hassles or problems just PM to Cowboy Mac or Wazza, I believe they moderate the Pillreports.

I know many regular users of pillreports also frequent this board which is why I posted here...

The mods of pillreports do a great job, and their job would be made a lot easier if people would get off their high horse and ask new posters questions or direct them to the posting guidelines, instead of telling them they are stupid junkies. A month from now with a bit of direction the people who are getting abuse could be posting excellent reports, but right now I don't think the attitude of many regulars is going to encourage that.

yeah I can see that, thats why I don't post much or hardly ever at all, as I am not really a regular user of pills, yeah we need to guide/encourage the new posters because they could learn from them/us so we can have better informed database, I mean more reports the better, so we all can compare results and stuff.

More informed posts the better, rather than people flaming newbies. I mean we are all newbies once, newbies can't expect to be expert posters overnight.

Under the current system pillreports is difficult to moderate due to the speed of which you can delete comments, and the way in which you must delete comments. Look foward to a vast improvement when a pillreports.com is released, which is on the drawing board with the admins.

While I agree with this thread and the elitism at pillreports does indeed need to be looked at, the sad truth is that 90% of people that use pillreports don't give a fuck about guidelines and never will because they're all stupid twats who have no brain power because they listen to their sik sub-woofers way too loud in their fully sik HSV's.
Call me sinical, but if i got a dollar for every dickhead I could ignore on pillreports given the chance, it would make the experiance much more enjoyable

^^ Sorry to say I agree, pillreports is a redundant resource for me. I can't be bothered sifting through the bullshit, so I rely on a tester and friends who are munching regularly for pre-dumping pill-content approval. :)

A likely reason that the city based pill information collection threads can be a much more valuable source of information in my mind.

Yep, I agree with the above comments but am heartened to hear of Cowboys news...........Hope it all goes well.

I would like to say however that despite much of the bullcrap that the site is an excellent one and is certainly of use to me.

I regard it as my number one source of info and to be honest I find it is probably 95% accurate when considering at least 3-4 different opinions.

I was concerned some time ago that Bluelight was also heading down this path however I have noticed a big improvement over the past 6 months or so here, particularly with the treatment of "newbies".

"newbies" are the most important people on these boards.

They come here knowing basically nothing 90% of the time and its important we dont scare them off but instead welcome them so that the education process can begin.

Todays newby is tomorrows oldtimemuncher............think thats the guys name.

apollo said:
^^ Sorry to say I agree, pillreports is a redundant resource for me. I can't be bothered sifting through the bullshit, so I rely on a tester and friends who are munching regularly for pre-dumping pill-content approval. :)
Same unfortunately.

I can't even remember the last time I used pillreports... the reason for that is, as apollo stated, friends usually aquire pills from the same source and test/sample them to see how they are.

I guess it would still be useful if you were new to it all and didn't have access to the first hand information that we do - but in that case, even more emphasis should be placed on increasing the quality of the information posted.

Sphinx.

^ Just remember, not everyone has a 'regular' dealer, so they don't have the luxury of a consistent quality/connection.

BigTrancer :)

Once upon a time www.pillreports.com was something the I relied on completly when going out to buy a pill. Now it lacks any credibility in my eyes. Agreed there are some overly agressive and angry posts out there. However I think that this is mainly anger toward un-educated or purely stupid people. I understand this response as I to have become increasingly frustrated by peoples complete disregard for safety and education. I think that some sort of "credibility" rating should be built into the database. This is probably asking FAR to much but here goes:

I asume SQL or something similar is used to proccess and store the entries.

1-I think that Users who post test results should have the reports cross refferenced with other Users who post on the same pill (standardise pill descriptions more?). When the results do correlate increase the users rating.

2- When there is a negative abnormality, bad pill rating / test result when all testers have proven they are good highlight the pill as possibly bad. When this is confirmed by another report from a different person confirm its dangerous status and increment the credibility rating for both people and any subsequent reports from others.

3- When there is a possitive abnormality, good pill rating / test result when all previous reports have been bad. Leave users credibility rating alone until more more reports surface. Also leave the pills status as dangerous. If it proves that the pill is indead bad. Reduce users rating.

4-Take any report without test results as hear-say and posibly even reduce a users rating slightly for not posting test results. This would enforce the opinion that if you can aford drugs you can afford a tester. It would also divert the "elitism" in a positive dirrection and posibly make other users compete for credebility in the pill reports community.

DONT TELL the reporting community how the system works so that it cant be abused by people who want to sell pills and take on multiple personas.

Would this work do you think?

Any comments are welcome.

Although you have some good ideas I don't think it would really make a difference. There can be good pills and bad pills all with the same press and mark, depending on the specific batch and tolerance plays a huge part in ratings as well.

I think it just needs to be moderated more and useless posts / info removed regularly. Although that takes alot of time and effort I would imagine.

hm, I was stressing the high rating - bad test results thing more than anything. I accept that rating are subjective, however high ratings on pills with bad test results is deffinatly something that I use to asses a posters credibility. I also agree with same press pills with different contents. This is one subject I didnt consider.

Even better... make required dimensions, shape description and a photo... I mean really, if you have a pc without a camera or scanner then there is something wrong! As for the sql statements and calculations required to cross reference reports... not a wise idea.. what happens if the first report for is wrong for instant? or the first few inconsistant?

a better standardisation of pill name and rating system will be nice :) a calculated rating based on "rolling time" rather than "ye man it was a 10 aye!"

also a massive sub-list section for each pill name/picture match... user option to sublist under an already established name provided a picture is given (to verify)...

Piece of piss to code that would be :)

I did mention a scenario where the first post could be wrong. If the first few where inconsistant no descision need be made about the credibility of the posters until more statistics have been collected.

Please note that if someone tests the pills and provides a photo of the test results there is little doubt (within reason) that it is a genuine report so if there are varying reports the pill could be labled as "possibly dangerous" and everyones who posted good/bad TEST RESULTS (not ratings) could have thier credibility increased.

its kinda funny situation realy because even a report with test results and a photo could be faked realy. I think that this is the fundamental downfall of any such system. Its all based on trust and unfortunatly this is not always enough

Sure it could be fake... the reader can determine what to believe as they currently do via other reports... but making all the relevent data required forces everyone to actualy put some time/effort into their report.. rather than "ye man, had this blue something and it was wiked, omg it blew my mind.... OMG OMG OMG i give it a 10" and it was say a white versaci :) Those are the types of posts that shit alot of people off... totaly pointless and just fill the reports section with crap. If you're going to post, post all details and a pic :) it aint that hard! even if its from your phone! if you can afford said pils, you most prob have a phone camera, digi or scanner... =) take the two minutes!

This is a fairly often-covered topic guys... Cowboy Mac has the definitive answer - at this point, it's acknowledged there are problems with the pillreports system. Nothing will be changed about the current system, but it will be replaced with a new pillreports system in due course.

BigTrancer :)

It's not the pillreports system as such that I have issues with, more the attitudes of some of it's more experienced posters in the Aus/NZ section.