• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

DXM and Puking

dimitri9

Bluelighter
hey... pretty much every trip report I read contains some puking..... or at least sickness.. si that normal, and allways the case? got some DXM-only cough liquid.... would I puke?

Do capsules go around that problem?

The puking most likely comes from the cough syrup, no the DXM itself. Taking pure DXM HBr in capsule form should probably help minimize sickness.

I puke everytime I take DXM. Even with pure powder. Mainly because it tastes rotten asshole but it's also too strong for my stomach. It gives me some nausea on the come up.

You can buy Robotussin in pill form too... 15mg of DXM per pill.

I can't stand throwing up (I don't think anyone likes it) so I use that.

I take the pure dxm mixed in a little alcohol. I've never gotten sick even at dosages upto several grams

I take the pure Hbr powder too, and I always get sick. Not from stomach upset, but more like motion sickness from the disorientation of the come-up. I am prone to motion sickness generally.

On the plus side, usually by the time I puke I'm tripping hard enough that I hardly care or even notice. It's like the most casual puking ever.
:|

I always puked near the end of a DXM trip. the double-vision always made me very nauseous. it had absolutely nothing to do with the horrible taste of cough syrup.

I have never puked when ingesting dxm, which I have done about 8 times. I have dry heaved quite a bit just trying to get it down though because that syrup tastes fucking NASTY and smells just the same. I met a chick once who actually liked the taste, she must have killed off most of her taste buds somehow.
If you want a reduced chance of puking just get some DXM HBr powder, it won't solve the problem but it will most likely help you feel less sick.

I think puking is pretty common with DXM. I never puke except on DXM, but after I do I trip balls so I don't mind it much.

the only time i ever puke from dxm sizurp is when i cant find anything without guifeesin (or whatever u call it)its sposed to induse nausea and vomiting which is prolly why,althought i got som whicked stomach cramps last time i took the dxm only sizurp.but why talk about dxm,its fuckin hurtin and i dont understand how u guys like the high although iv never been able to keep down more than4-6 ounces with the rest coming up.

recent experiences have given me a new awe of the power of suggestion, even when one is aware of it.

the other night i made up some capsules of dxm for friends to take, not having any myself. after a while i started to get the same feeling in my stomach that i get when i take it. and it's not like i was licking my fingers or anything.

this wasn't the first time, either. often when i read a trip report about dxm, i get the same sensation in my stomach. it feels very acidic, if it is indeed totally psychosomatic perhaps it's an association with the few times i tried the agent lemon extraction (never put it in tea. no matter how much sugar you add it will just taste horrible. make it as concentrated as possible so you can get it over sooner).

so overall, for puking, it depends on how hard you hit your stomach with dxm. i think with pure powder in capsules, if you have a light meal a while beforehand, it won't be too hard. i think that in my case the time i puked on pure powder was a combination of extreme dizzyness and overwhelmed-ness PLUS the knots i mentally tied into my stomach. but it's obviously a lot more likely to make you puke if you have syrup or agent lemon, because there's more to irritate your stomach.

I deffinitely feel my stomach drop as soon as I look at a bottle of Tussin, and I've been doing it for several years now...

The best thing that I can say to help cut down on nausea is (if you can handle the taste) to take it very gradually. This WILL mean that you will be at least a little high for 20-30 hours, depending on just how gradually you take it. I always do this when I'm taking huge doses. Example :

I wake up and drink 6 oz. (Tussin Max Cough, approx. 90 mg/oz.) to start off with a buzz that will be maintained for the next two days. 2 hours later I feel it and drink 2 oz...2 hours later, 2 more oz...2 hours, 2 oz., 2 hours, 2 oz., and so on. I'll do that until I can instinctively feel like my buzz will not just be prolonged if I take more, but rather that I am deffinitely getting much more high by the minute. Usually at that point I try to drink as much Tussin as my stomach can hold (usually 4 or 5 oz., never more than 8) *. Within 45-60 min. you should be so high that you don't know what nauseous is. Take this time to find a chair that you don't mind sitting in for the next 4 hours, because you will not be leaving it once you sit down. Smoke some pot. Have your wife (or whatever...) sit next to you to try to ask you questions about what's going on (write that shit down!)

I've managed to get down 31 ounces this way without ever getting sick, whereas I usually feel ill and maybe 10% of the time puke if I drink 8 oz. by itself.

Hope this helps.

* When I first posted this the "eight close parentheses" showed up as rolling eyes. I meant to say "...never more than 8 close parentheses"

X3DFX said:
The puking most likely comes from the cough syrup, no the DXM itself. Taking pure DXM HBr in capsule form should probably help minimize sickness.

Nope, because i tried the pure DXM capsules and i didnt get a sick feeling or anything but i did throw up. It was like a natural reaction to the DXM. I think it just depends on the person. Nausea comes from the syrup though.

So did I get this right.....

Guanifesin (or however that is spelled) makes you feel sick and you puke

Syrup even with DXM only makes you sick and you puke

DXM pur... doesnt make you sick, but you puke becuase of motion sickness???

DXM in any form has a good potential to cause nausea, that's about the extent of it.

Some people seem to be more susceptible, but it's a common reaction.

I have never puked, but had INSTENSE stomach pain and farted like 10 times a minute, bad gas. ahaha. shit was sick im glad I wasnt with any ladys

puke

Ive never puked.. ive gotten an upset stomache though....
Its probabley common considering how gross drinking cough syrup is.
The pills might make you puke as well, seeing the amount you have to eat.

cherry_colored_lean said:
I have NEVER thrown up from DXM, and I almost always took Coricidin Cough & Cold, which I do not recommend.
i puked the most i have ever puked in my life on this.....never again:(

I've had pure DXM once, and it was one time too many! I find it a terrible and uncomfortable substance. Nausea is usually common so I wouldn't think vomiting would be unheard of. Robotussin surup containing anything but Dextromethamorphan such as Guanifesin has a tendencies to cause vommiting. You NEED Robo. DX.