Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Chappelle Show

NeoMagic

Bluelighter
Dave Chappelle Show

This show is gonna be hilarious!! Dave is my favorite comedian & all his skits are outrageously funny. The show premiers this Wednesday (1/23) on Comedy Central...I can't wait.
Chappelle Show

No doubt this show is gonna be FUNNY. He is the man. When I saw him making fun of the mitsubishi girl dancing in the car, the first thing I thought of were bluelighters and how they hated on her. He's coming to Phoenix on Feb. 23rd and I got tickets - can't wait.

Ya thats gonna be some funny shit. I cant wait till it come on tommorow. He is one of the best comedians i watched. " I love weed i love it but not as much as i loooovvve pussy"

You know, I love doing stand-up, and it would be kinda cool if one day, I could become famous.
But there are different levels of famous.
Like - the president - he's a whole different level of famous.
He's so famous . . . you give him a blowjob . . . now you're famous.
'Suck my dick - there's a future in it!'"
- Dave Chappelle
. . . Best Lewinski Joke Ever
- LL, Eagerly anticipating Chappelle's Show.

It was so fuckin funny. one of the things i didnt like was it was short and to long commericals. and he used the same joke as on the connan show

^^ Is it just me or is he a guest on Conan like every other night?? I know he's got a lot goin on now with this show..... and.......uh.... Half Baked was pretty funny.... ;)
Seriously I really wanna catch the show Chappelle is funny as hell. Down to earth comedians always make me giggle

"Down to earth comedians always make me giggle "
Hell yeah..Which is why Carlin and Denis Leary are great at stand up too

LL-O-Meter:
Mitsubishi: B-
Popcopy: A - Haha funny.
Stenographer: B
BlackWhiteSupremicist: B+ funny, but WAY too long
I love Chappelle, but sadly, this looks like just another sketch show.
I hope he proves me wrong.

"Mitsubishi: B-"
Yeah this one was pretty funny..Until he showed the "good dancer" who was far, far worse..Stupid booty ho dancing

I have to agree with LL
i liked the popcopy the best. That was hilarious

Upon a second viewing, I stand corrected.
I applied unreasonably high expectations on this show because Dave is one of my all-time favorite comics.
This is an excellent show.
Viva Chappelle! :)

The second episode was FANTASTIC!
The Crackhead lecturing elementary school kids about drugs was brilliant.
I strongly recommend this show (which will be replayed tonight, Wednesday night at 12:30 EST, and again on Saturday night).
Chappelle!

^ ^ ^
Thanks for the info LL! I was on campus studying right when it came on, but no matter! I eagerly anticipate the Crackhead sketch.
Has anyone seen Chappelle live? My sophomore year my friend Adam and I scored Fifth ROW tickets to a show he did down here at IU. I was so close (and stoned) that I could see the stitching in his karl khani jeans :D , it was a great time. And I believe tickets for George Carlin go on sale Feb. 7 at IU as well, I really need to check him out.
Cheers,
Drew
[ 30 January 2003: Message edited by: Snakecharmer ]

OMFG that shit was funny!!
I do agree, way too short though.
I almost pissed myself when he was making fun of the WB frog. This show should be an hour long :)

I've seen him live 3 times. He's hilarious.
Each time he was sooooo obviously stoned too!
Once, at the Improv in DC, he made a surprise appearance at the end of the night (I think he's from DC), and during his performance, somebody in the audience called him the N word. So, he stopped doing his routine and got in an argument with this guy & then discussed racism in general. It was an interesting night.
The first time I saw him was in college, and I was near the front and he made fun of my hair. I had a bit of a white-boy-fro going on, and this entertained his high ass.
The show is good so far, and I hope it gets better.

Once, at the Improv in DC, he made a surprise appearance at the end of the night (I think he's from DC), and during his performance, somebody in the audience called him the N word. So, he stopped doing his routine and got in an argument with this guy & then discussed racism in general. It was an interesting night.
Preface: I love Chapelle and HATE racism obviously
Statement: That sounds like a "plant" to me. Who goes to an improv night to yell out slurs?? This seems particularly coincidental given that 99.9 % of his comedy is centered around race. Something to consider i guess.