Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS:34kg of esctasy seized

Psychadelic_Paisly

Bluelighter
34kg of esctasy seized
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,8936073%5E1702,00.html
11mar04

POLICE believe they have smashed an international drug syndicate with the arrest of five men for allegedly importing 34kg of ecstasy.

The 255,000 tablets, which police said had a street value of $12 million, were packed into the wooden planks of crates containing antique chandeliers that arrived in Melbourne last month.
They were detected when the crates were X-rayed at the Customs Container Examination Facility.

Australian Federal Police (AFP) national manager Mike Phelan said the drugs had then been removed and replaced with an inert substance and the crates delivered.

"The delivery was monitored to a private address in Caulfield," he said.

"Following an extensive surveillance operation AFP agents last night arrested five men in connection with the importation, some of whom allegedly attempted to access the concealment."

Agent Phelan said three men aged 31, 28 and 23 from Caulfield and two men aged 41 and 23 from Sydney had been arrested and charged with drug-related offences.

Ecstasy seizures had risen by 400 per cent over the past 12 months, he said.

Customs regional director for Victoria Jenny Peachey said a total of 110kg of ecstasy had been confiscated this year in four seizures in Melbourne and Sydney.

The opening of the Customs Container Examination Facility in Melbourne 12 months ago had been the key to catching out drug smugglers, whose methods were becoming ever more elaborate, she said.

"I think they are becoming more sophisticated and intricate – the concealments are different every time," she said.

"So the use of technology like X-ray, like drug detector dogs, like ion scans ... are essential in detecting sophisticated concealments and they are paying off."

The five men arrested over the seizure will appear in Melbourne Magistrates Court today charged with crimes including attempt to posses a prohibited import and attempt to traffic.

Damn those Federal Police , They are taking the "Buy Ausralian" campaign way too far !!

Shouldnt they be out looking for terrorists ?

Shit..........what a lot of confiscated love.

I wonder what will happen to it all??????

Some of it will be destroyed but some of it will be re-sold so don't worry it's not like we will be short of any e any time soon. :)

Another shipment bites the dust...

Don't worry friends, I'm sure will still see it on the streets, just from a different source, the cops arnt stupid... They might rid a few KG's but I imagine it wouldent all go to waste.... :D

Cops are only human too you know...

shal...
:D

/END OF BOLD STATEMENT.

hear hear :) just means the profits go to a coppers new boat instead of to the guys who did the footwork.

bah well cynical ol' me

Damn , 34kg of the precious ahha

Unfortunate but thankgoodness the state I live in has quite a good supply of quality pills at the moment but that cant happen for ever now can it and that could of been the next couple of bathces . :(

A 400 percent rise , Thats good news you will see the price drop in the next year or two as the importers only get say 5 bucks a pill in europe in aussie and new zealand its probably more like 20.
Its alot more profiterable market as we havent been flooded with cheap ecstasy like most other parts of the world.

Hopefully they'll make there way back onto the streets via our corrupt drug taskforce employees. Hope they weren't 34 kg of A's or V's

It's busy times for police attention to drug smuggling and use isn't it... :\

LOL @ a moment's silence in memory of a quarter of a million wayward pills that can't find a party...

BigTrancer ;)

Damn those Federal Police , They are taking the "Buy Ausralian" campaign way too far !!

LOL. But that's not the case at all. With a half an ear to the ground I hear there is a big shakeup within the relevant industries atm, which concerns anywhere drug chemicals can be sourced from. This extends to producers and the customers of companies dealing in plastics, dyes, ceramics etc etc. No stone unturned will be the likely result. If this is extended to rigorous monitoring of stock transport, it is more than likely the "buy Australian" campaign won't get off the ground in respect to MDMA.

If all things required are to become virtually unobtainable, or at the very least only in small quantities, then what will the conscience free, ex importer/ producers turn to then?

Hopefully not PMA. Take a person who owns a paint shop or a cleaning business, and has a swimming pool. Who's going to stop this person from buying a palet load of Ouzo? He's then only a few chemicals away, all of which can be found in hardware stores and supermarkets :\

When was the last time we seized a big Heroin haul?
Why are the piggers always targeting E as of late?

The Pong Su i think. I dont think they are targeting the actual drug but more the peoples suspicious activities that are importing it or moving it as it has become so widespread, everyones on the stuff.. It seems they are screening alot of it when it gets off the shipping containers to. Maybe because there is such a high demand for E . the amount of it coming into the country compared to other drugs is phenomanal. Naturally they are going to stumble across it more often. The people sending the shit over mustn't be concealing it to well either. it never pays to be the middle man does it, poor bastards, There all doing us a favour and have to cop it sweet when the shit goes down.