• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fine foods -- what are you a sucker for?

jaymie

Bluelighter
I love chocolate. I just tried this one bar by Dagoba; dark chocolate infused with lavender essence, blueberries, and pieces of brazil nut. My favorite is dark, but I'll try just about any kind.

I am definitely a sucker for any kind of fine food -- whether it's a good taco, a ciggarello, or chocolate. I've recently discovered these sweet ciggarellos by a co. that goes by the name of Danneman. No matter how pricey it is I'll try it atleast once. This is one of my vices, but also one of my pleasures. :)

Last edited:
I read about those Dagoba organic chocolates a couple of days ago and I am *dying* to try them...

On topic, I'm a sucker for a slice of good bread, warm, with a good smear of butter (margarine is a fucking abomination, don't get me started).

Also, I can't resist braised things... lamb shanks are probably my favorite.

Dagoba? That's where Yoda used to live!

Anyways, I like some gooood warm French or Italian bread and some brie or other good high quality cheese. Oh mah gawd, puts me in heaven. Some wine goes good with that too.

^^ yeah freshly baked F/I bread is orgasmic.

Get me some of that, with some high quality cheese, stuffed garlic/chilli olives and some sun dried tomatoes with finely shaved ham. *droooooool*

I can never turn down a good ceasar salad, fine glass of champagne, gourmet pizza..

damn any good food... im so hungry.

Bocconcini
Basil Pesto
Avocado
Olives
Thai Satay Chicken
... just to name a few

So many things...

...olives
...fancy oils and vinegars (walnut oil, really good balsamic vinegar)
...honey
...cheeses...all types except kassari
...WINE...especially red Italian
...high quality tea and coffee (esp earl grey and arabian mocha sanani)

I like eating as much as the next primate... but I know nothing of these "fine foods" you speak of.

Maybe it's time some of you fine bluelighters should educate me in this thing. I'm here... waiting. Who shall take me to these reseraunts for fine dining pleasure?

Web I am too poor to take you out but if you ever come visit me I promise to cook/prepare/feed you many fine foods. I am a glutton. :)

I am a big glutton too. I love a good gourmet pizza or some fresh raw milk. I am one of those people who can sit and eat the finest tomato with some olive oil and mozzarella, a few handfulls of ripe blueberries, or a cup of raw organic milk and savor every bit and feel deleriously satisfied with life. I thrive on the sensual experience of good food.

I'm also a big honey snob, I won't eat anything but raw honey in most cases where I won't offend anyone, in particular I really like clover. Oh, and I love blood oranges and buffalo!

Last edited:
I love 80% cocoa solids dark chocolate - I just had some with a cup of (brought back from Columbia) real coffee :)

There's nothing I won't eat I reckon. I love olives, hummus, sushi, thai... everything! I've even eaten a caterpillar.

Oddly, I can't eat canned tuna - it makes me retch everytime.

Oh I forgot. Priscuitto. Holy shit I think I ate a pound of that in one sitting one time.

Priscuitto with melon is a great dish. Its awesome.

sushi (not grocery store sushi)
lobster
steaks

a lot of things that aren't considered fine can be made excellent, if you go to the right place.. i had tomato soup a a restaurant here in town and it was to die for.. also, with that meal a lobster tail on top of lentils and a glass of tasty white wine

*drool*

freshly made bread is nice, but im not a big bread person..

i'm a big fan of fancy oils too and balsamic vinegar.. yumminess if done the right way :)