• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Zolpidem for mild Diazepam withdrawal?

delphinen

Bluelighter
Hello; after have been reading many many articles about how Zolpidem Works, I found that it pretty much mimics in many ways Diazepam; the imidazopyridine, given a normal 10mg dose, while being mildly effective when it comes to anxiety and muscle relaxation, and pretty powerful hypnotic and very sedative, in the end, it enhances -partially- the whole GABA system. More info here in particular: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0014299989908406
Given this data, would it be possible to suffer less from benzo WDs until my next refill using Zolpidem also during the day? thanks in advance.

In my experience, z-drugs and benzos can be interchangeable in a lot of ways. I switch between zopiclone and diazepam mostly. Used to get temazepam and substitute with zolpidem sometimes. I find that the psychoactive effects of z-drugs seem considerably stronger than benzos for a little while, but they aren't as physical. Zolpidem apparently isn't a very effective muscle relaxant in comparison.. feels like it is though IMO.

Be careful taking zolpidem in the day. the warnings on the pack about are there for a reason - they can lead to some pretty strange, sometimes dangerous behaviour.. you don't want to go out and do something dumb like getting your sitcom cancelled for saying something regrettable on Twitter 😁