• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Zolpidem (Ambien) best ROA?

BabyGurl3171

Bluelighter
I'm tryin to save my alprozolam (Xanax) so I don't go through benzo WD. Anyway, figured I'd try some Zolpidem (Ambien). I've taken 50 mgs just chewin and swallowin with a tiny buzz. So I was wonderin what the best way to take this w/out OD'ing? Is it better to snort this medication? And if so how would I alter the dose? Thank you!

I can't speak for Ambien specifically, but for every benzo and most of the Z-drugs I've researched and tried, ORAL INGESTION is always the best. Snorting benzos is useless IMO, and Ambien has a pretty good BA of 70% when taken orally, so I'd just eat em.

^ oral, or for a faster onset, sublingual (holding under tongue)

^ oral, or for a faster onset, sublingual (holding under tongue)

Oh I hope it's not as bad tastin than Xanax under the tounge. Ick! Thanks for replyin!

GABAking - Thank you for replyin also :)

No problem!

And nothing is as bad as Xanax. I can't stand it :/

they make clonazepam so tasty in all the generics I've had (or maybe the chemical itself is less bitter), but alprazolam is so goddamn horrible.

please just take them orally

don't snort them, its pointless; do your nose a favor; don't snort benzos or z-drugs.

Also in general IV-ing pills is dangerous business; micron filter is an absolute necessity.

the bioavailability is very high for ambien when taken orally so just doit!

slightly?
risk of abcess
risk of long term pulmonary damage - a la silicosis/talcosis
missed vein
risk of infection
risk of phelbitis
embolism
blood clot
altered electrolyte levels...
the list goes on and on

Thank you everyone for your replies. I just ended up chewin up 3 10 mgs and and doin sublingual 2. Was pretty good :)

the problem is that Ambien just isn't really that suited for anxiety- thus I find it a poor replacement for other benzos. Its one thing if you are taking t for sleep and have to take more than normal becasue of benzo tolerance; but i find taking ambien in place of say xanax or clonazepam to be less than ideal. I guess its better than nothing but you end up having to take a lot more ambien than you'd like simply becasue it doesn't function as a anxiolytic very well... but it'll put ya to sleep from time to time...

i don't know why everybody's saying not to snort them. i usually snort it or take it sublingually, and when i snort it i feel it very strong, of course for less time though. it's never been a waste personally.

Definitely sublingual.
I personally pop one like that and snort half another one (works for me) and repeat through the night.
Keeps you buzzin.

again...
SLIGHTLY dangerous?

bit of an understatement, imo, but to each their own.

DO NOT snort...

lmao if you do 10mgs, COOL...before you know it your entire stash will be up your nose or who knows where else haha but you sure as hell wont have it in the morning

Thanks everyone! I don't really remember wtf happened that night lol I just know hubs and I were chewin 'em up and doin a few sublingual. Total amnesia though, that part sucks because I can't remember if I got an enjoyable buzz haha! I'd say logically I musta been screwed up!
As for injectin anything, hell no!!! I'm not scared of needles at all but only a medical person puts needles in me lol If you knew me & my luck, I'd kill myself on a low, pure dose of say demerol that was all done perfectly...yeah my luck blows lol

DO NOT snort...

lmao if you do 10mgs, COOL...before you know it your entire stash will be up your nose or who knows where else haha but you sure as hell wont have it
in the morning

this is true. the only good reason i can think of to not snort is because you'll like it way too much and blow through that shit in a heartbeat.

IV is best but it's slightly dangerous

/Facepalms

No shit. And the advantages, given that we're talking about Zolpidem FFS would be . . . . what? What could anyone possibly get from IVing Zolpidem that would outweigh the risks, given that we're on a harm reduction site and bioavailability oral is ~70%? 8)

Last edited:
I remember reading of one nutter who would IV ambien.

IV ambien is insane its nothing like the drug normally is. You actually TRIP like psychedelic and feel mad good for like 10-15 mins. You need to cotton filter then snd it through a micron though.

Other wise just eat them.. IME zolpidem is pretty shitty.