• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Zofran and Heroin. Exp. Anyone?

ChasingTheEscape

Bluelighter
I have Ondansetron 8mg Generic for Zofran which I was prescribed awhile back, a common anti nausea medicine and I was hoping it will combat the nausea & vommiting caused w/ heroin use. A friend will be trying H for first time IV & was wondering if giving them say 3 of these 8mg maybe more maybe less?? 30min before a small test dose of H could eliminate the nausea caused by it? Already we are going to try a first dose of a small amount no normal user would take in hopes of no intense nods or nausea /vomiting at first, then waiting a bit and seeing how they take to it, seeing as how friend has a bad time with dealing with nausea+vommiting H maybe isn't the best choice but this is already going to happen out of my hands and in hopes of harm reduction I was hoping the anti nausea meds could work effectively or is there any other remedies (besides not moving staying still lying down) that could help ward off nausea?
Also, Can anyone explain why we get sick after H? Ty for your time much appreciated.

Your body has chemoreceptors they sense poisons so it can trigger vomiting to attempt to save your life.

Additionally your body has mast cells that contain histamine receptors which also contribute to nausea and vomiting.

I really dont see how this could turn out well though i took zofran before dxm and it worked at 1 mg but i think vomiting is the least of your problems

Getting nauseous + vomiting while unpleasant isn't likely to cause your friend a lot of harm and will help you figure out where his tolerances lie during test doses, if anything I would say allow him to feel sick the first time or two so you have more clear feedback on whether the doses you're giving him are to strong and when you need to stop increasing them.

But Zofran will work if you do give it to him, I've used it alongside higher doses of opioids to combat nausea, I just don't think it's the ideal option for someone who's inexperienced and figuring out how their body reacts to a drug. If you do just give him a normal prescription dose of the Zofran, I've never had to use more than what the script suggested to combat opioid related nausea.

And yeah put simply we get sick on H because our body perceives it as toxic and regardless of the ROA we took it through the natural reaction of the body to thinking it's been poisoned is to expel whatever's in the stomach.

Tbh if your not already opiate dependant asking if zofran will help prevent vomiting is like removing all the fire alarms in a building then expecting everything to be ok.

Tbh if your not already opiate dependant asking if zofran will help prevent vomiting is like removing all the fire alarms in a building then expecting everything to be ok.

^^ Exactly this, removing all the fire alarms then lighting a match. Getting sick is partially your body's way of giving you feedback so if you don't know what amount of H someone's body can handle yet then you don't want to be suppressing that reaction, even if it is unpleasant. Vomiting won't actually save your friend from toxicity if the ROA isn't oral but it will let you know if the doses are to much for him and you can modify things from there.

Seriously if he starts to feel nauseous just have him sit still, it does help. You can give him zofran but it really isn't the best option here. It wouldn't be harm reduction as much as just making him feel a little better at the expense of being able to gauge his opiate tolerances accurately.