• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Your top 5 "drug movies" & what you watch when you're high...

This should be in Drug Culture, but my favorite movie of all time is Requiem for a Dream. Love it!

I wanna say there's a similar thread over in Drug Culture but here we go

-Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
-Trainspotting
-Spun

many many others

Requiem for a Dream is my all-time favorite movie, drug movie or not.

But out of drug movies, after Requiem, I'd say either Basketball Diaries, Trainspotting, Spun, or Drugstore Cowboy.

Ahh, I forgot Salton Sea, also a great movie about methamphetamine, thank you Escapedysphoria for reminding me about that one, haven't seen it in ages.

Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

Another Day In Paradise

Drugstore Cowboy (my favorite)

Go

Spun

Bad Lieutanent 2 (with Nicholas Cage)

American Gangster

Last edited:
What? Nobody likes Requiem for a Dream? It's the greatest drug movie ever made.

Requiem for a Dream is so fucked up tho! Some parts just seemed way, way, way overboard. You know what I'm referring to.
I liked (no order):
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Dazed and Confused
How High
Friday and Next Friday (not the 3rd one)
Trainspotting
Rock n' Rolla
Scarface
Pineapple Express
Groove
Skins (TV series but sooo good)
Blow
American Gangster

There's more, but I'm running out of steam.

my vote is for fear and loathing. and although theyre not really about drugs, theres still a lot of use in these, so ill also say easy rider, and SLC punk.

i would say blow.. and trainspotting! never say requiem for a dream... anybody tell me whats it bout??.. besides drugs ha!

i would say blow.. and trainspotting! never say requiem for a dream... anybody tell me whats it bout??.. besides drugs ha!

It's an intense movie about how heroin affects a group of teenage friends. The outcomes are incredibly extreme, though. I don't want to go into detail because I don't want to ruin it for everyone, but it makes you go "oh. my. god." It made me want to never do drugs again, then I got high and wanted to do lots of drugs 8). I would recommend seeing it once, but proceed with caution!

It's an intense movie about how heroin affects a group of teenage friends. The outcomes are incredibly extreme, though. I don't want to go into detail because I don't want to ruin it for everyone, but it makes you go "oh. my. god." It made me want to never do drugs again, then I got high and wanted to do lots of drugs 8). I would recommend seeing it once, but proceed with caution!

sounds good! might watch that so... and thanks :) ill proceed with caution! i like basketball diaries too!

I enjoyed all of:
Salton Sea (Meth)
Spun (Meth)
Requiem (H)
Trainspotting (H)
Dazed and Confused (pot/partying in general)
Fear and Loathing (you name it)
Blow (weed and coke)
Scarface (coke)

many good pot documentaries notably-
The Union: Business behind Getting High
High :True Tale of American Marijuana
Superhigh Me

Rolling (MDMA)
American Drug War (poly-drug documentary)

Thank you Kokaino and hydroazuanacaine... I'm going to send this over there and it'll probably get merged or something.

BDD--->DC

FTR, requiem for a dream is not that great. Its just DARE messages put to a hip, electronic soundtrack with the same cinematography used in π. And for fuck's sake, someone please tell Darren Aronofsky that opioids cause pupil constriction, NOT dilation.

Last edited: