• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Your site keeping me from the needle so far

buttershots21

Bluelighter
I just want you all to know from someone who uses this site a lot that your Case Studies sticky had personally kept me from turning to needles. I find myself thinking about turning to IV to get the most out of the meds I get Rxed, and every time I think it's a good idea, I head on over here to the ol Case Studies and look around to remind myself that it could end up being so much worse instead of so much better. When you are in constant pain, it seems you will consider anything an option. Being a CCP has also changed my views on a lot of things regarding drug use, and I am a lot less judgmental of those who use. Because now I know where so many are coming from. It's truly a case of walking in someone elses shoes. So all I really wanted to do was say thank you to all who make this site possible, because you have helped at least this one person right here make a choice based on your info. I can't say that someday need will not over ride caution, but it's been doing a good job for the past year or so. So THANK YOU.

Then this site is doing its job! Stay away from that needle..and if you havent already read that ambien and arm story. Its a saddening tale as to why IVuse of pills is a bad idea.

You must stay vigilant and resist the curiosity. It's absolutely never worth it.. Keep it up bro, be strong, stay safe... Not the place for this but this shall not be closed. People need to see this message.

It's not a normal OD post but it's perfect for those who use the OD forum...

THIS is Bluelight folks, fuck what ya' heard.

Just for the record, I'm a female lol. I read the Ambien story and all I have to say is O.O that shit is REAL. I'm also glad that I live in a small town, and though we have a huge drug problem here, it's a meth problem, and Rx pills, though there is a little H around in the last couple of years. My point is that it's hard to even come by pins, and it's just one more thing to deter me from that path. It's sad that I have to use so many different things to keep me from going down that path, but that's what agony 24/7 will do to your brains. I have 20 solid reasons to not start down that road, and only 1 reason to go there. As long as my pro/con list stays that way, you would think it would be a no brainer. I'll keep that Ambien story front and center and keep telling myself that of all the people I know that have ever used a needle for whatever reason, not ONE of them have been able to say it improved anything in their lives at all. And it made everything so much worse for most of them as early as weeks after that first time. So another day of NOPE to shooting DOPE (I should make a bumper sticker)

Believe me it is not worth shooting up. It might be better for a day or 2 then it quickly becomes worse then ever. I suppose it is one of the decisions I regret most in my life, if I could have kept my girlfriend and I from the needle maybe things wouldnt be so hard. I am trying to get her on methadone because I am but the needle fixation leads to me injecting small amounts of dope once a day for reasons that I cant fully explain. It does nothing the amount I do wouldn't get me well even before the methadone and afterwards its even more pointless but its a craving in of itself. So not only do needles make the habit worse you end up with a craving for it and find yourself injecting water when your clean because you *need* to inject something. Not to mention never really knowing about hep C or AIDS until you get a blood test (mine came back clean but i was worried for 2 weeks when they took my blood)

Good luck to you I wish I were strong like you instead of assisting in the ruin of both my life as well as my loves.

this is awesome to read and know that BL can have such a positive effect on someone. i hope you continue to stay away from the needle. <3

Me too, I guess, I mean idk if I never disvovered bluelight whether or not i'd be I.V.Ing by now, but I seriously doubt it.

Not only have I always hated getting shots etc..(and never do to this day), but I just feel like shooting up is too much risk for so little return. You pretty well get the same effects, except the added "rush", which, knowing myself very well, Is just NOT something that I would enjoy.
I have a pretty darn high tolerance, but I feel like such a "rush" would even be uncomfortable to me...then again I mainly use for analgesia/comfort/functionality, and not so much to get "high" as everybody on this site seems to be obsessed with. Not implying that makes me "better" than junkies who use to get high or anything, because it really don't...I have as many bad days as any junkie on this site, regardless of the fact that I use for pain and don't use needles.
Opiates are a 2 edged sword in almost every case...it's just simple physics is all...and i'm pretty sure it ain't one son of a bitch on this site that didn't know what they were getting into, especially if they went and tried the needle.

But, hell the way I see it, we're all in the same boat, ready to float of the edge of the world...the flat ol' world!
Might as well be comfortable am I right? Or am I right?

Congrats. We're here to help. One thing to remember about the needle: it's a line. Once you cross that line, there's no going back. I don't remember the exact quote, but it goes as follows: we are defined by the lines we cross and the lines we choose not to cross.

So for a random reason I find myself back on Blue for the first time in over two years and just wanted to give y'all an update in case anyone assumed I died or went to prison like so many do.

If you remember me, I'm a chronic pain patient and after my Dr cut me off, I spent a solid year scoring off the streets, in constant financial trouble and always half suicidal.

Everyone knows the current culture around opiates and the hysteria. Nobody can get anything anymore, no matter how legit their need is, so I had a choice to make: give up and die or keep fighting. I choose to live, but I had to change the way I was going about dealing with my pain.

So I started going to the closet methadone clinic, which is over 70 miles away, 140 round trip. I've been going for over 2 years and have never had a single dirty drug screen since my first intake. And, through all of the hell I went through, and as many times as I was tempted, I NEVER STARTED USING NEEDLES.
I just wanted to let you know that this site makes a difference. It did for me.

I thought the least I can do is give y'all an update on how things are going and that though things are still hard, and I'm still very angry that society has made it so I have to lie and say I'm strictly an addict and say nothing about my chronic pain issues in order to get help at a addiction clinic, because if they know about my chronic pain being my reason for being there for the methadone, they would kick me out. But no regular Dr or pain clinic will treat me either, do what else is there to do?
Just this, until hopefully it changes!
Peace out peeps, I've missed you guys!

On this website I learned my diagnosis that have been torturing me for months. It was Jekyl who suggested I might have Akathesia and I do have it. I immediatelly added vitamin B6, clonodine and I already had propranolol. Then I cut down the meds that I think are the cause of it. I don't want it to be chronic because this illness is really REALLY tough when it gets bad.

That case studies thread, a long with seeing a friend die from a blood infection cause me to quit injecting drugs about 3 or 4 years too.

It seems like the most harmless and normal thing when you get used to IV use. Easy to forget how quickly it can go south.

On this website I learned my diagnosis that have been torturing me for months. It was Jekyl who suggested I might have Akathesia and I do have it. I immediatelly added vitamin B6, clonodine and I already had propranolol. Then I cut down the meds that I think are the cause of it. I don't want it to be chronic because this illness is really REALLY tough when it gets bad.

This is going off topic, but have you tried biperiden? One of it's indications is akathesia.

I recently started injecting my pills (dilaudid), something I swore I would never do. But the "opioid crisis" has created an "opioid panic" and I wanted to save as much as I can as I'm worried I'll inevitably get cut off.

But like everything it's really just best practice. I've always been methodical with my drug use and only use about twice a week with no cravings to do more; I've kept a journal now for seven years documenting dose, effects and side-effects.

Sterilizing water, using .1 micron wheel filters, all new needles and syringes every time; now I know if I have to do it I have to (I still do for one booster shot a week to stay in practice and for the novelty).

But truth be told, I was disappointed. I actually prefer the gradual come up from my plugging technique than the rush. So I switched back.

I think it can be done responsibly and effectively, but it takes a certain personality and I'm very fortunate in that regard. Also I think we tend to hear more about the failures than the success stories.

Good needle technique could certainly be healthier than many other ways done irresponsibly; taking pills orally without regard can be much less safe than sterile, thoughtful, methodical needle use...

It's all relative...

IDK man.

I think buttershots21 has hit the nail on the head.

There really isn't such thing as thoughtful needle use, IMO. It's the rush, the needle fixation, etc. Sometimes i just try to hit veins with nothing in the barrel because of needle fixation. I've shot milk before too. It's really easy to get addicted not only to the rush but to the act of shooting up itself.

You're right - everything is relative. If you have no cravings to do more, that's awesome. But for this particular thread, i'm not sure it's appropriate to be taking the side of the needle when there are people here sensitive to this topic and trying everything in their power to not cave into the act.

For all intents and purposes, one should try not to resort to the needle.

I recently started injecting my pills (dilaudid), something I swore I would never do. But the "opioid crisis" has created an "opioid panic" and I wanted to save as much as I can as I'm worried I'll inevitably get cut off.

But like everything it's really just best practice. I've always been methodical with my drug use and only use about twice a week with no cravings to do more; I've kept a journal now for seven years documenting dose, effects and side-effects.

Sterilizing water, using .1 micron wheel filters, all new needles and syringes every time; now I know if I have to do it I have to (I still do for one booster shot a week to stay in practice and for the novelty).

But truth be told, I was disappointed. I actually prefer the gradual come up from my plugging technique than the rush. So I switched back.

I think it can be done responsibly and effectively, but it takes a certain personality and I'm very fortunate in that regard. Also I think we tend to hear more about the failures than the success stories.

Good needle technique could certainly be healthier than many other ways done irresponsibly; taking pills orally without regard can be much less safe than sterile, thoughtful, methodical needle use...

It's all relative...

Another perfect example of the response to the false opioid epidemic doing more damage than good

So I started going to the closet methadone clinic, which is over 70 miles away, 140 round trip. I've been going for over 2 years and have never had a single dirty drug screen since my first intake. And, through all of the hell I went through, and as many times as I was tempted, I NEVER STARTED USING NEEDLES.
Wow 140 miles round trip. You?re a real trooper for sure. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear BL is making a difference. Turning to the needle is one of things I wish I could go back in time and change. It so altered the course of my life