Exhausted Your ideal opiate withdrawal kit

Well I guess thats not too bad, I never got fully clean before now so never had a chance to relapse but I hear its pretty easy to end up with withdrawals again so it kinda freaks me out to even use once at this point, still have that huge stash of morphine though. Im surviving on smoking a shit ton of weed right now, messes the lungs up though
it is man, your brain is still fked up from all the years of abuse. IF U EVER WANNA CHIP although i don't recommend it, wait at least 9 months.

Well I guess thats not too bad, I never got fully clean before now so never had a chance to relapse but I hear its pretty easy to end up with withdrawals again so it kinda freaks me out to even use once at this point, still have that huge stash of morphine though. Im surviving on smoking a shit ton of weed right now, messes the lungs up though
i envy more ur stash of valium than those morphine pills lollolol.

The ideal opiate withdrawal kit is:

Substitution with a long half life opioid (prescribed)
A supervised reduction regimen
Time
Determination
Not taking a fuckton of other addictive substances
I have to disagree with the long half life opiate. This is a sub wd. N I have a bit left but don’t want to take it. I’d much rather go thru oc or even benzo wd over this. Done both of those before. Yes I know benzo can kill you, and for that one i did see a psychiatrist. I only take 3 rx reg. But those will have to go next...

methadone is just fking poison literally. same with buprenorphine. i'd rather go cold turkey from heroin than going cold turkey from methadone or bupe.

I actually quite like methadone - it saved my fuckin arse that's for sure.

The point of a long half life opioid is that you can dose just once a day which provides stability and frees you from constantly looking forward to the next dose several times a day - thus enabling you to concentrate on rebuilding your life. I admit it can be a bitch to get off, which is why I also specified time and determination.

BTW, I cant comment on buprenorphine as I've never taken it, but I believe the principles are the same...

I take between 3-5 Oxy 20s a day. But after about 10 days I didn’t do the math to ensure I had enough to at least have 1 Oxy 20 per day for the remainder of the 30 days. I have my FaceTime appt with the pain doc tomorrow and I can refill my script on Sunday. I swear I’m never going to take these without setting aside enough pills to take later in the month again! I was up multiple times last night with barfing and the runs! I took Loperamide but maybe I need to take it round the clock. 💊🚽 I have been drinking lots of Chardonnay 🥂🍷and it does seem to take the edge off.

I actually quite like methadone - it saved my fuckin arse that's for sure.

The point of a long half life opioid is that you can dose just once a day which provides stability and frees you from constantly looking forward to the next dose several times a day - thus enabling you to concentrate on rebuilding your life. I admit it can be a bitch to get off, which is why I also specified time and determination.

BTW, I cant comment on buprenorphine as I've never taken it, but I believe the principles are the same...
I know mean, but i was speaking of getting off opiates.methadone Is the worst to get off, short acting opiates are better when ur ready to quit. For maintenance methadone AND bupe are lifesavers.

methadone is just fking poison literally. same with buprenorphine. i'd rather go cold turkey from heroin than going cold turkey from methadone or bupe.

If i had my time back I would have sweated it out. Dam hospital instead of weaning me send me to a clinic and I didn't know about methadone. They told me i had to stabilize before I quit, next thing you know I'm addicted to a stronger drug methadone. I'm at 11 mg so almost done but fk could have been done 2 years ago

Here's how I did a recent fent taper ($60 a day to function at least $100 worth if I wanted to get high. Really hard to quantify dosages because I was getting it mixed with a large cut aka fentadope.)

First 5 days reduced fentanyl dosage
Then started taking 2-map-237. I was badly dopesick the first 3 days off fent. This stuff seemed to keep my stomach ok but I was having my least favorite symptoms, namely freezing cold sweating bullets with goosebumps (actually jumping off the fent was more painful than the end of the taper.)
3 days after starting the 2-map-237 I added kratom. Next 3-4 days sharp drop in 2-map-247 doses, then went to large doses of kratom (like 18 teaspoons first day to start) but I reduced the kratom dosage sharply each day for 5-6 days and then stopped.

The kratom had the intended effect of switching from synthetic opiate withdrawal too much easier kratom withdrawal. I had 2-3 kind of shitty feeling days, couldn't function well but not terribly dopesick, mostly mental stuff.

Other things utilized:
Large amounts of gabapentin
Immodium
Clonodine
Seroquel. The Seroquel hasn't been terribly useful, I was hoping it would help me sleep but I haven't been able to sleep well. (1 week after last kratom dose.)

Only substitution I would have liked is oxycodone or morphine maybe instead of the 2-map-237 but don't have morphine connect and oxycodone pills are often fent around here.

Ideal Kit:
Adderall
Temazepam or Klonopin
Clonidine

This will probably be somewhat contoversial, but I've found adderall to be an excellent aid for tapering down opiate use and for the 24 hour period between stopping opiates and starting suboxone/buprenorphine.

When I've been tapering oxy use, on the days I drop down a pill it's usually a day of sweating, lethargy, and depression. If I take an Adderall XR in the morning (after my workout because I don't like taking a chance on my heartrate spiking) it totally stops the sweating, lethargy, and depression for 5-8 hours. Usually by the end of that period your stomach starts withdrawal type pain and the anxiety starts racheting back up, then you can take the dose of the opiate you're tapering from. And if you're waiting the 24 hours for subs/bupe, it will get you through most of the day, and you just need to be prepared for a typical night of sleeplessness (unless you have a benzo to use for sleep which is optimal). Then the next morning you start the bupe and you're good to go. The only symptom that the adderall doesn't improve significantly is the stomach upset, but at least you aren't sweating and depressed while your stomach hurts and if you are tapering your taper doses will eliminate that symptom.

I don't think I'd recommend amps for completely detoxing because you obviously won't sleep much and over days it would just make the anxiety worse, but for tapering or making the jump to subs/bupe it's a lifesaver.

Also, if you have Clonidine you can more easily use amps for a detox; you can use less amp but it will help stop the fatigue caused by Clonidine while keeping the withdrawal-stopping benefits.

Last edited:
After watching my mate do her first 10 days with no methadone this is what helped the most

Ketamine (Intramuscular hits seemed to work best/longest)
Diazepam for a few days then
Pregabalin for a few days
Booze every night
Weed (alot) for the days with no k diaz n pregab
Paracetamol/ibuprofen for the aches

Hey advice or comments, been in uk on methadone 6 years 60mils daily plus use on top iv twice week. Got fed up due to partner leaving me and want to taper in mater of weeks. In three weeks am down to 10mils of methadone and .1 heroin (iv) at 7am and 7pm. I think I’m doing ok but pushing the heroin down to 0.08 and lower is hard. Last two hours till I get to 7 am is hard.
Use before was 60mls and 1g heroin when fancied.
Decided long half life of meth and no reward feeling made it harder to fast taper. I can handle being ill if have shot at end.
Oh got 20 blues or Diaz possibly fake but do job for emergencies
Be kind never posted do not sure of rules

This is a bad situation. Kicking methadone with heroin will never work. The post acute coming off 6 years of dosing is going to carry on for months. With a 60 day acute. And once that methadone is gone, the withdrawal off the dope will be horrid between uses. You will probably OD is how hard you will be going through cycles. I have tried it many times, never once worked. Ended up OD, or back at clinic. You will lose your strength fast and to kick methadone you need all the strength that will exist. Leading into it with active addiction (fending off withdrawal), there is no way as you already lost.

Don't worry about the partner. Happened to me countless times. Chick realizes what methadone really is and wants you off asap. Doesn't work that way. Also good she is gone, you don't want a girl nagging you while cleaning up. She will force you to use just so you can pretend to be normal. You clean up and will never have to bring it up again to another. (Or guy, they are probably worse lol).

You will want to get rid of the needles 100%. Different ROA in the meantime, and need to drop the tolerance. Doesn't sound good to clean up when also injecting street drugs into your body.

Personally I would drop the heroin today. Stabilize on methadone. If you can't handle dropping that dope on 10mg, then you will have no chance kicking a 6 year habit.

Or even go up to 20mg. That will hold anyone. Then go down slowly. Around 1mg a week. Then jump when around 5mg or less.

Getting off methadone is hard. You have to be really determined and face the withdrawal. Maybe cheat a few times during with a weak pill or tiny piece of sub (partial agonist so you basically stay in withdrawal), only to rest up and go on the next sprint. Eventually you start to stack weeks of clean time. Around 6-12 months you will be back to feeling pretty OK without an opiate. I am sure people have done it with full agonists but will a quick road back into hard withdrawal.

You can also go 100% clean, but definitely taper down to 1mg if possible and slow as possible. You can't reverse 6 years in just a few weeks.

The thing about methadone withdrawal is that it is very mild. You won't be puking like dope or have RLS so bad you want to slam your head into a wall. It just carries on for a long time. Hence why you need full agonists gone, especially IV dope. And now that you have been living in the full clouds of a full agonist it will quite an adjustment mentally.

EDIT: Just noticed you have been IV'ing the whole 6 years? Dude don't. You need to kick the dope 1st. The reality is you need to be on a bigger dose, stabilize so dope is erased from your memory, and then come down. If there is any vision of IV heroin in your future, stay on the methadone. When it comes time to get clean the above will help.

Last edited:
My counsellor wants to put me on Subutex in three weeks along with a built in blocker . Im on less than £5 twice a day which ain’t a lot so my plan is to keep reducing over next 3 weeks Then go onto the Subutex. I feel ropey most days reducing but well enough to get to work. Then on Friday I drop it, back to work monday

This is a bad situation. Kicking methadone with heroin will never work. The post acute coming off 6 years of dosing is going to carry on for months. With a 60 day acute. And once that methadone is gone, the withdrawal off the dope will be horrid between uses. You will probably OD is how hard you will be going through cycles. I have tried it many times, never once worked. Ended up OD, or back at clinic. You will lose your strength fast and to kick methadone you need all the strength that will exist. Leading into it with active addiction (fending off withdrawal), there is no way as you already lost.

Don't worry about the partner. Happened to me countless times. Chick realizes what methadone really is and wants you off asap. Doesn't work that way. Also good she is gone, you don't want a girl nagging you while cleaning up. She will force you to use just so you can pretend to be normal. You clean up and will never have to bring it up again to another. (Or guy, they are probably worse lol).

You will want to get rid of the needles 100%. Different ROA in the meantime, and need to drop the tolerance. Doesn't sound good to clean up when also injecting street drugs into your body.

Personally I would drop the heroin today. Stabilize on methadone. If you can't handle dropping that dope on 10mg, then you will have no chance kicking a 6 year habit.

Or even go up to 20mg. That will hold anyone. Then go down slowly. Around 1mg a week. Then jump when around 5mg or less.

Getting off methadone is hard. You have to be really determined and face the withdrawal. Maybe cheat a few times during with a weak pill or tiny piece of sub (partial agonist so you basically stay in withdrawal), only to rest up and go on the next sprint. Eventually you start to stack weeks of clean time. Around 6-12 months you will be back to feeling pretty OK without an opiate. I am sure people have done it with full agonists but will a quick road back into hard withdrawal.

You can also go 100% clean, but definitely taper down to 1mg if possible and slow as possible. You can't reverse 6 years in just a few weeks.

The thing about methadone withdrawal is that it is very mild. You won't be puking like dope or have RLS so bad you want to slam your head into a wall. It just carries on for a long time. Hence why you need full agonists gone, especially IV dope. And now that you have been living in the full clouds of a full agonist it will quite an adjustment mentally.

EDIT: Just noticed you have been IV'ing the whole 6 years? Dude don't. You need to kick the dope 1st. The reality is you need to be on a bigger dose, stabilize so dope is erased from your memory, and then come down. If there is any vision of IV heroin in your future, stay on the methadone. When it comes time to get clean the above will help.

That is doable. It will take time to induce onto subs and stabilize. You have to stop methadone for at least 5 days. Hell I waited 10 days when I tried subs and was tossed into withdrawal. After about 4 days I realized they were doing very little so stopped. Went another 10 days before I took another sub and this time felt more, but was so sleep deprived anything would of helped. Subs work by pushing you deep into withdrawal by ripping everything out and replacing it with a partial. Then you have to pull yourself out with subs and time.

Plan out a good 7-14 days. They will work if you want to be clean as by then you will have accepted being sick and grateful for any relief they do provide. Over time you will then stabilize. The sub website states 30 days for methadone patients (which seems realistic)

Good luck and research. Don't let a counselor talk you into anything. They never felt withdrawal or have to live your life. If they told you that you will come off 6 years of done, pop a sub and be on your way, get rid of that counselor.

However taping to 1mg methadone will be much easier than subs. Since you will have to kick them eventually too. They work for many, though. And you will away from the clinic (or however methadone is dosed there)

No not been iv all 6 years. Last 2 years just meth. When love of my life left 4 weeks ago is when all fell apart, got job family and was doing well till that

Yeah, its rough. Addicts are mentally ill. A partner can see right through us. Also with the ups and downs of dosing. Only a matter of time before they see you are just a junkie (truth).

Not sure of your age, but you have a whole life ahead of you. Unfortunately there is no magic pill for us to reset our brain. Only more drugs (which is never good), or clean time to allow your brain to heal and learn how to live your life without opiates.

It sucks there is no true help, aside yourself.

Definitely stabilize be it methadone or subs and stop street drugs. Then work your way down.

Thanks mate think your right. I’m gunna spend this week dropping the h as hard as can while still at work then just jump my meth up 5 or 10 and get back on straight. Silly thing is I’ve dropped my physical habit down more on gear.

Yeah, its rough. Addicts are mentally ill. A partner can see right through us. Also with the ups and downs of dosing. Only a matter of time before they see you are just a junkie (truth).

Not sure of your age, but you have a whole life ahead of you. Unfortunately there is no magic pill for us to reset our brain. Only more drugs (which is never good), or clean time to allow your brain to heal and learn how to live your life without opiates.

It sucks there is no true help, aside yourself.

Definitely stabilize be it methadone or subs and stop street drugs. Then work your way down.

Addicts have mental illness no doubt, but I hate for anyone to refer to themselves as "just a junkie." That's simply not true. I'm not trying to sound like a Susie Sunshine but no one is "just a junkie". And I hope that anyone who wants to get off the stuff and move on with life will realize they can do it, they just need to ask for help. It's out there.

When I think of the term "just a junkie" it suggests that someone is beyond help, and that is not true.