• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Young man falls six storeys from Darwin city balcony

poledriver

Bluelighter
Young man falls six storeys from Darwin city balcony

SYNTHETIC drugs are believed to be behind the deaths of two young people, including a man who fell several storeys from a Darwin apartment balcony.

It’s understood a 20-year-old man was in cardiac arrest when St John Ambulance arrived at Zest Apartments on Gardiner St to attempt resuscitation, but he was later pronounced dead at Royal Darwin Hospital.

It’s believed he fell from a ninth-storey balcony and landed on a third-storey balcony at about 6.30pm on Tuesday.

Witnesses have informed police that the male had earlier taken a pill referred to as a “Quacka” and was acting strangely prior to the fatal fall.

The pill was described as blue in colour with a logo depicting an image similar to rabbit ears or a pair of scissors.

It comes after a 16-year-old girl died after taking illicit drugs at a party in the rural property. Police believe she took a synthetic tab.

Superintendent Tony Fuller said detectives from the major crime squad and the drug and organised crime squad have formed a taskforce and are investigating.

“Police strongly suspect that in both cases the drugs taken were a form of synthetic LSD or MDMA (ecstasy).

These drugs are usually manufactured overseas and then sold in a variety of forms such as tablets, powder or tabs,” he said.

“These drugs are not clinically tested on humans and are produced purely for the financial gain of the suppliers.

“It is tragic that the need to again warn people about the dangers of these drugs follows on from the death of two (young people).

How or why the man fell is unknown and police have been investigating.

One neighbour on the same floor, who declined to be named, said: “The whole building shook. I thought a truck had crashed into the building”.

“The response the police and ambulance gave and the way they handled was really really good.

“Very very professional and on top of it totally.

“They were here straight away.

“The work between them — they just managed so well.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/nor...win-city-balcony/story-fnn3gfdo-1227061194456

These drugs are usually manufactured overseas and then sold in a variety of forms such as tablets, powder or tabs,” he said.

I guess the last tabs is blotters? Why do they call them tabs? Seems strange and weird to me.

I guess the last tabs is blotters? Why do they call them tabs? Seems strange and weird to me.

Geltabs. Like gelatin capsules but squares (easier to make).

lsd_geltab5.jpg

I dunno, I've not come across these in Australia before. Darwin is not a town known for its drug scene (apart from its absence of one, from what I've heard).

Sounds more like speculation about research chems of some sort to me.
Just annoying how they have to drag "LSD" and "MDMA" into it, when there seems to be no evidence it was either.
Lazy reporting.
Darwin has huge alcohol related social problems, but you never see individual booze-related deaths in the press unless they're noteworthy.

“Police strongly suspect that in both cases the drugs taken were a form of synthetic LSD or MDMA (ecstasy).

I feel dumber after reading this drivel.

“These drugs are not clinically tested on humans and are produced purely for the financial gain of the suppliers.

So the pharmaceutical giants are purely in it for the unconditional benefits of the patients using their very expensive products then?

“It is tragic that the need to again warn people about the dangers of these drugs follows on from the death of two (young people).

It's much more tragic that you fucking twats can't muster the courage to swallow your pride and admit defeat. You've lost - get over it before you lose even more.

^ or can't admit that prohibition has been directly responsible for this global emergence of essentially random psychoactives.
It's a crying shame.

Darwin is not a town known for its drug scene

It has one, the drugs are just more expensive and shittier in quality due to the remote location - which is a perfect market for RC's.

before even clicking the article, and simply reading the headline i thought "i bet this has to do with RC's".

this topic is becoming overdone and far too predictable in the media at present.

...kytnism...:|