• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

You Christians make unreasonable claims and demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadendgame

Bluelighter
This is what i been able to gather from my lifetime of researching this religion. Religion deals with the afterlife. Nobody knows what happens after they die because nobody has died and came back to life to tell about it, except one person, Jesus Christ. This is the central tenet of Christianity. If you do not believe this, please stop pretending to be Christian. Essentially a couple of disciples saw Jesus Christ come back from the dead and ressurect confirming the teachings of Jesus himself. Unfortunately, there is no way to prove whether or not these disciples are telling the truth which is the inherent flaw in this religion. Christians also make the bold claim that theirs is absolute fact and that all religions are wrong because if Christianity is correct that would certainly imply that none of the other religions are true. Christians also like to skirt around facts and arguments by saying that faith is the absence of evidence and that you just have to believe. Lastly, Christians make God avoid all accountability by attributing good things with God's will and bad things as sin and satan. Well, i will say this. I dont believe in God because if he exists, he is an asshole for sure because no almightly being would dodge this kind of accountability. Christians, you cannot just skate around evidence. If someone has proven you wrong and foolish you have to provide evidence to rebut them or stop arguing your case. You cannot keep arguing even when you have been proven wrong. That is all I have to say.

Leave it alone. Let them believe whatever they want. The only reason I might care at all is if they try to legislate my life. Other than that they can believe whatever they want and if it helps them then more power to them.

okay. just wanted to be sure that I am not the only one with this kind of skepticalism

Oh you're not. Christianity is a dying religion. It's going to take some time but it appears to be a gonner. However knowing humans it will be replaced by something just as irrational . See I think Ernest Becker nailed the reasons behind these religions and those reasons are going to stay very active in the human psyche and so it's going to be replaced when Christianity becomes just a tiny cult practiced by a very few. It's being replaced likely by Science. Science will be and is "practiced" by the lay community in the same way they practice their religions. Ignoring anything that makes them uncomfortable and using it as a security blanket. Science can make a very effective security blanket and be practiced just as irrationally as most religious practice their religion. The only reason we constantly talk about Christianity is that's our cultural religion. If we were in a Muslim country or a Buddhist country we'd be hammering on those religions instead and as Nixiam said beating it to death.

They are good people. That is why I like them. But they should not be declaring things as though they were absolute facts because they aren't until they are proven. Why can't they admit their uncertainty?

Essentially nothing wrong with your argument apart from how you worded it (it appears aggressive), but this really has been done to death. I'm going to close this thread for now. If you want to create a similar thread, look through P&S for a bit first, and then pick some narrower subject - the attacking Christianity/whatever religion in general are very unproductive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.