View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

You are probably not taking the dose of LSD you think you are

terarc

Bluelighter
Just thought I would share this with you from an online darknet market forum. A user there took the time to purchase a few samples of LSD tabs and send them for dose analysis at a dutch lab. I removed vendor names as to not break any rules. Just thought it was quite interesting. I included the print name where one was given

Dalai Lama: advertised at 220 ug, lab: 79 ug
Orange Sunshine: advertised at 300 ug, lab: 229ug
Sphongle: advertised at 100 ug, lab: 68 ug
Unspecified print: advertised at 200 ug, lab: 95 ug
Elephant: advertised at 125 ug, lab: 72 ug
Unspecified print: advertised at 150 ug, lab: 60 ug

Some of these were from vendors with quite a reputation, and dark net LSD quality is considered to be pretty high, so who knows how street LSD compares. I think they were mostly samples from the USA. There was some european vendors tested a while back who were usually only 10-20 ug under the advertised range, though I wont post specific results cause I cant remember the exact print names and numbers, but seems like european LSD is more often the right strength, if you had to draw a conclusion from these sample groups

What about this is news?

Average amount of LSD on blotters tested by saferparty.ch in 2014 was around 70μg.

As we can see, 200μg tabs exist, but most will be around 50-80μg.

I guess its not so much news, I just thought it was interesting to have some actual lab verification, and seems like useful info

I remember reading that thread and not being surprised.

I'd love to try those orange sunshines. They sound really good.

Old news. :)

A friend of mine took the original "orange sunshine" on the west coast in the late 60s and just said how half or a single dose of it was very strong.

Real thing back then. I was born on the following generation. Believe things were much simpler and original back then..

Thanks for that info man, that's great, sortof, not so much for the Dalai Lamas as they're a lot more expensive than the Elephants & Shpongles :\

The Orange Sunshines look about right, half is easily a solid 100µg+, and a whole one is ego death IME

yeah.. im lucky enough to have 2.5 orange sunshines left from a year or so ago %)

Back in the day when acid was a dollar a hit they would put extra on and not tell you, just so you would think the LSD was higher quality. Weird how things have changed.

This is mostly dutch xtal, Orange sunshine came 260ug during last test a month back, Also Dalai Lama had different results from multiple batches! Personally I trip tested Elephants and they felt now way near 125ug week so I was right! Any date of the test?

The tests were probably done around a month ago. The guy that did the tests says the lab takes about a month to get back to him, and he only posted these in the last few days

I always tell people not to underestimate the strength of LSD. The two batches of LSD I currently have are very strong liquid LSD, but I harbor no illusions about it being anywhere over 200ug or so.

I came across 500 mcg white fluff tabs a lot at my college. Not lab tested but definitely near that number. Ego death on one tab. They might have been double stacks tho for 250 each

Yeah the first tabs I took were lab tested Twins at 150 mics almost bang on. After hearing all the people going on about needing two tabs to trip, and saying they always take like 2 or 3 or even 4+ tabs when they take LSD, I was really very taken aback by just how intense the trip was from 150mics

Actually I am happy that people are reminded of this, I think it is helpful if a lot more people are aware of this illusion.

I am not surprised. I'd hardly believe that those supposed vendors would even have the equipment to measure the dose of not just their batch, but each tab itself. The best they could do is most likely give an estimation, probably from hearsay of all things too.

Much like weed connects will say they have the best/good stuff, acid connects will say they have strong shit, lol. Apparently not as strong as they're saying, on all counts of that example too.

Good thing lsd is very dependent on set and setting. The doses on those dnm tabs disappoint me (except the Orange Sunshine, man, one is good enough!), yet I wonder wtf the doses were on all the tabs I ingested in the past as well. Heh. Nice post, OP.

I'm not surprised at all, I see so many people convinced their blotters are actually at crazy doses up to 250ug just because the vendor says they are. Every acid dealer talks up their doses. My guess at the average street blotter dosage is 50-60ug. Doesn't surprise me at all that advertised 150ug hits from darknet are around 60ug or so.

This would explain why 2 tabs of 180ug acid i bought online felt weak, but 2 tabs of local lsd was fucking insane.

I have found a source I really like, but even from the same source the strength of batches varies slightly, I usually take half a 150ug tab when I go out on the weekend, and it messes me up, I'm still capable of interacting with people well enough that no one thinks I'm tripping, but damn its fun!

The latest batch on the other hand had people picking up on the fact I was tripping and I ended up leaving the group we were with and just lying around on the grass in a local park ( having the greatest time ever I might add).

Considering the difference in batches from the same vendor, It's not surprising to see lab results like that. quality control would make things so much better :)