Yeah Phillydedhed is back....somewhat?

PhillyDedHed

Bluelighter
Hey family some older posters may remember this homeless, panhandling, NYC Junkie. Exscuse any typos I'm on a Kindle fire. I'm back on methadone, abusing benzos and couch surfing. I'm in desperate need of a place to crash in any of the Burroughs or any info on some welfare state subsidized sober houses. Family I need help my girlfriend in Pennsylvania thinks I'm. On suboxone my family thinks a 3/4 sober house.

Please I need help I don't. Want to go back to shooting coke and dope. Hope the holidays were well for all.

-Phillydedhed

hey! I was thinking about you over Christmas and was hoping you were ok.

By tomorrow I will have the thread titled 'Charitable Organizations' finalized so keep your eye out for it.

Additionally, I'm originally from philly so have info on resources.

This is the process you can take to get county funding. You have minimal interaction with the state and they don't even really look at your application.

in Pennsylvania, Maryland and Jersey there is a company/service that gets people into rehab who don't have money/insurance.

Since you are in PA, this is exactly what you can do:

1. Go to the local Social Security Office (FOUND HERE)
  2. Fill out forms for Medical Assistance (you can also apply for food stamps and housing assistance) or you can APPLY ONLINE HERE
  3. Indicate on the form and to the person at the desk that you require a rejection letter and that you will wait for it (I was told to write 'REJECTION LETTER' at the very top of my application so they could just reject me without looking at it)
    Get there as soon as they open so you aren't waiting for 4 or 5 hours
  4. A case worker reviews your info and will provide the rejection letter that day or they can mail it to you
  5. Take the rejection letter to Gaudenzia (they place folks into facilities and offer after care programs on the county's dime)
  6. They will tell you to be there at 9am on a certain day (typically two or three days from initial consult) with your bags packed and they will send you to the first place that has an open bed. Among these are Mirmont, Livengrin, Eagleville Medical Hospital (which is a shithole), White Deer Run, Valley Forge Medical Center, Clearbrook and many, many others

Gaudenzia can get you into a facility that very same day if you are truly fucked.

Basically, you get rejected by the state for assistance and then the county steps in and funds your treatment.

Treatment is free for whatever time frame is determined by the Staff at whatever facility you enter. Most will see about getting you into a halfway house after treatment has been completed.